Gryphon and Picasso

Register guest characters here and join the fun!

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby The Hellion » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Ah Bad British Accents
A speciality of mine
Thanks to Fawlty towers. He can have a bunch of trick foils :wink: and a really obnoxious costume. Actually on second thoughts I may have a pretty cool one in mind......maybe.....where's my sketch pad?!
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:32 pm

I'd like to say this was all your fault Hellion, but its not really. I have been thinking about Gryphon's abilities, and think I wish to retcon (I shudder at the word) him a little bit. The Mimicry is very complicated and as you pointed out, doesn't add much to the character. The changes I want to make should work within his existing history and should actually fill it out more. And they are such that what they change has no bearing on anything he's done so far, so they don't even contradict anything thats happened.

Its not final yet, I'm still working out details, but I wanted thoughts on it. Essentially the premise would be that the incident that gave him wings also burned out his mimcry abilities but not his empathy/feedback and permenantly duplicated other abilities (to be worked out).
Gryphon and Picasso

"The Soul has no Gender."
-Queen Christina
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:58 am

Y'see sometimes I just don't get why retcons are necessary.

Needs for Retcons:
Superman who gained hypnotic powers and the ability to turn back time - thankfully they got rid of that
Scarlet Witch once she became a hero - without whom we'd never have had House of M - thanks wanda, thanks soooooo much you crimson clad headcase floozy
The Black Canary in the TV series - she needed a retcon to fix her retcon where the HELL did telepathy and telekinesis come from? Answer some moron thinking they make the best super powers

Your character is in the early stages you could rehash entirely since really he's had little exposure and if you wanted to you could make him a full aviomorph, a shapeshifter, an alien or even a robot and simply be honing the character

Its not a retcon until you've been here over a month and a half and just want him to have cool powers or a chance to shout "ARGGGHHHH THE POWER!!!"

Thats when we have words...well you have words...I have a baseball bat

:P

Don't worry too much about the technical side just find the powers and then decide whether or not it need a fixing
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Hey without House of M we wouldn't have Wiccan and then there would be no Billy and Teddy.

Yeah, you're right, I'm just rather insane about things at times, and I tend to have the more non-lucid moments at the end of the day, which is when I suddenly went "Retcon!". Which was not the word I was looking for since it is overkill in general.

I like the technical bit though, I am obsessed with explaining things. Anyway, I've "honed" him for now, and we'll see how it goes. Its a delicate process, refining.
Gryphon and Picasso

-Queen Christina
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:44 pm

I wouldn't stress to much until you reach the point where you have multiple universes which have to be compressed into one to make any logical sense. If after that you get into the really strong crack and decided to bring them back Kale may mysteriously end up with frost bite in delicate areas.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Brayon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Sorry I am late posting this... I think both of your characters are well though out, and bery practical in their repsective undertaking. Color change is a severly underrated power! It can be used for a variety of different things, which I proved to my frineds in our Home Bases Pen-and-Paper Heroes Unlimited campaign.

I little imagination, and worlds of endless colorful possiblities open up.
Brayon
Freshman

Postby Gryphon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am

Alright, so I got around to updating my character profiles a while ago, but I forgot to make a notification of it, so here it is. Gryf and Picasso have been updated with detailed profiles, ooooh *waves hands in a vaguely mysterious manner*.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 am

*Watches mystic handwaving.*

Yee gads! Sorcery!

Updated profiles look great. Oddly enough I’m going to say thank you. Since it makes it that much easier to use your characters.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 am

Bewitchery, not sorcery. I'm sure there's a difference >.>

Er...you're welcome? Glad I could oblige you, I think.
Gryphon and Picasso

-Queen Christina
Gryphon
Freshman

Previous

Return to Student & Faculty Registry