Character Interactions

Register guest characters here and join the fun!

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Character Interactions

Postby The Hellion » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:57 am

We've had a lot of character interactions in the RPGs and Fanfics and whatnot and I think that since we've cultivated rivalries and relationships we should keep a record of them here. I know it'd help me with my fics!

So I think a format like this would be good:

Name of Characters:
Nature of Relationship: Social/ Romantic/ Formal/ Friendship/ Familial/ Rivalry
Notes: (Explanation of how it evolved over time what makes a relationship work or how they play it)

Example:

Name of Characters: Cameron and pretty much everyone
Nature of Relationship: Social
Notes: Cam just picks fights and rubs everyone up the wrong way, he has very few friends and likes to make people angry for his own sense of fun.

Name of Characters: Dani Van Damme and Sam Quartz
Nature of Relationship: Romantic
Notes: Series of ficlets. After working on a social studies raise-a-baby-and-don't-put-it-in-the-oven-or-let-the-dog-have-it Project they got quite close and soon thereafter began a relationship. How serious it is seems up to debate. Dani seems to like Sam a great deal, he seems extremely fond of her if his diary is anything to go by. Despite a certain social divide they have developed a close relationship with Sam teaching Dani to sign. (I have to have a chat with Promstar before I finalize this!!!)

This is a good way to evaluate your characters and their relationships and to maybe take a new direction with relationships. There are some things I feel should be avoided in a group of teenagers who are still growing up and still in school, but its more important that you find what fits and what doesn't for yourself within your characters and their ties.

Remember this only goes for official characters, your submissions, since they're your main focus. Some say if you create two characters they're always friends, I know I'm guilty of it, but that doesn't necessarily go for everyone, so what deep complexities lie within your pair of characters?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Mr. Banana » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Characters: Kenji and Lucian
Nature of Relationship: Friendship/Social
Notes: Kenji views Lou as a dear friend, albiet with severe social issues. Lucian views Kenji as a constant irritance and annoyance. He just can't seem to rid himself of Kenji, so most of the time, he just tries to bear his presence since anything else is useless.
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Sage » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Name of Characters: Roberto and Otieno
Nature of Relationship: Friendship
Notes: Paired together as roomates. They just click socially since neither of them do anything to get on the other's nerve. (Implied)

Name of Characters: Roberto and Sofia
Notes: He listens and somewhat agrees with her (though he's not much of an activist) as they hang. First met in a school dance (RP) and later helped Professor Skye when his children came into town (RP). Fics: (Aspiration and Acceleration, That Kid/A Story About Deviant)

Name of Characters: Roberto and Juan
Nature of Relationship: Flirt-ish
Notes: More or less involved with each other though they have friends between them (Sofia, Iggy). Fics: (Aspiration and Acceleration, That Kid/A Story About Deviant, Company of 300)

Name of Characters: Otieno and Ignacio
Nature of Relationship: Flirty-ish
Notes: There really isnt much chatter between the two. Highlights include meeting at a dance (RP) and went into space (Drake's RP)

Name of Characters: Roberto and Eris Mendez-Skye
Nature of Relationship: Mentorship
Notes: Via roleplays (where Skye meets his kids), Fics: (Massacre of Change), and PMs, Roberto and Skye's similar powers brought them together as mentor and mentee
Last edited by Sage on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this thing on?
Sage
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:42 pm

Tommy and Noah
Nature of relationship: romantic, friendship
Notes: Tommy and Noah started off as best friends, both accepting each other right from the beginning, they were also attracted to each other and fell in love.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Name of Characters: Amber and Vince (both mine)
Nature of relationship: Friends
Notes: They started out like this, and they are currently each others' only friends.

Name of Characters: Vince (mine) and Lucian (Mr. Banana)
Nature of relationship: Roommates
Notes: This came from talks Mr. Banana and I had during my "Operation: Retention" RP, and actually came to light in a later fan fic. Now, if I can only get Amber a roommate...
Last edited by ShastaB24 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Odd_child_1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Name of Characters: Juan Marcos Zamaripa & Simon Sehz(both Me )
Nature of Relationship: Formal/ Rivalry/ Friendship
Notes: Drawn to each other for purely Machiavellian purposes, they view each other as a means to an end, but because they are so similar they have grown fond of each other platonically. Marcos uses Simon’s plans as a way to gain recognition, but Simon’s plans have reasons and purposes that are only clear to Simon and Simon alone
Last edited by Odd_child_1 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Odd_child_1
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Name Of Characters: Robert and Veronica. (Veronica belongs to Prince Blanche, Robert belongs to me.)
Nature Of Relationship: Friendship
Notes: Robert views Veronica as his big sister and considers her one of his best friends. He deeply respects Veronica and is grateful for her trying to help with Riän's passing, which I think made them even closer than before.

Name of Characters: Robert and Randy (both mine)
Nature of Relationship: Familial
Notes: Robert idolizes his older brother because of his power and his easy going demeanor.

Name of characters: Nate and Alex (both mine)
Notes: Nate loves Alex and is thankful to have finally found someone he connects with.

Name of Characters: Alex and Seabreeze (Alex belongs to me and Seabreeze belongs to silverzell)
Nature of Relationship: Friendship.
Notes: Seabreeze apparently has a crush on Alex. Alex thinks Seabreeze is cute and thinks of him as a kind of little brother.
Last edited by Safeguard on Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby warrick1830 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Name of Characters: Sofia /La-Llorona and Ignacio aka Iggy /Palabra
Nature of Relationship: Familial
Notes: Originally Sofia lorded over Iggy as the older sister, but has since eased up on him seeing his growth. However, still prone to bouts of anger and rage she hides them through saying she's trying to protect her brother (RP: the dance & Halloween Fic: Phone call) Iggy has come to grips that her sister is paranoid but still tries to love her as much as he can (RP: Lady Crey, She's Back, The Mall adventure & Fic: I hate modern art)

Name of Characters: Sofia and Eris Mendez-Skye & Whisper (Both by Mentalfloss)
Nature of Relationship: Mentorship
Notes: Via roleplays: (When Skye's kids visit, and the several attempts that Whisper tries to contact Sofia). Sofia looks up to Eris, who she politely refers to as Instructor. Through this, she tries to take every course he offers in terms of trying to better herself. She recently found out about Whisper's existence (RP: Halloween) but it has always been serving as a benevolent force.

Name of Characters: Iggy and Cham (Chameleongirl)
Notes: Iggy is in awe of Cham. A lot. Her independence is something he strives for and they share a common slight distaste for Sofia's attitude problem. (RP: She's back, Lady Crey, Halloween, The dance) Iggy likes the fact that Cham is very outright and bold about being herself and sometimes wonders if she uses her powers to retreat into herself like how he does.
Last edited by warrick1830 on Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, Sofia is her hair was purple....damn it this was the only option that had a bandanna.
warrick1830
Freshman

Re: Character Interactions

Postby Brayon » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Name of Characters: Russell (Me) and Alex (Safeguard)
Nature of Relationship: Friendship ((Romantic side of dateing failed))
Notes: Defiently friends. But Alex is seeing someone else.

Name of Characters: Russell (me) and most of the Students (them)
Notes: Very few close frineds, but starting to develope ties to some. Has been seen with Kid Olympus (fanfic) talking and having breakfast. ((Need to finish that... on to do list.))

EDIT: Per Verdant's request, added the creator in brackets.
EDIT 2: Alex and RT, not romantic.
Last edited by Brayon on Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brayon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Name of Characters: Dani & Sam
Notes: They like each other a hell of a lot, no comment on Love (they're teenager for heavens sake!!) but they got together tentatively at first. Dani loves the fact Sam is unique and different from others but she worries that he doesn't want to have anything serious. Sam likes Dani's strong willed personality but he is anticipating her dumping him for someone more her social level. In short they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Name of Characters: Dani & Sis Bliss
Nature of Relationship: Social/Team
Notes: Dani backs Sister Bliss as the Vixxens leader 100%. They share a bond of trust and are the only two remaining Vixxens from the first incarnation. They get on very well.

Name of Characters: Cam & Mikhail
Nature of Relationship: errrr...."Romantic"
Notes: Mikhail has a crush on Cam, so far his only known crush on a guy ever. Of course when Mikhail finally realized Cam was gay they got into a fight and Mikhail put Cam through the cafeteria wall. At the school Dance Mikhail explained and blurted out his feelings for Cam. They've had dates and rendezvouzs but so far no sign of Cam going B.F. That said Cam does seem to have som affection for "Mickey" (only one who uses that nickname) and apparently waits until Mikhail falls asleep before he leaves the room.

Name of Characters: Cam & Alex
Nature of Relationship: Eh..."Social?" Maybe?
Notes: They had...em...and incident...when Cam helped Alex change for the school dance...Cam enjoys the peace around Alex but finds his Obliviousness totally infuriating. Though fun to experiment on. Alex...who knows?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:32 pm

Name of characters: Joel & Ewan
Notes: Joel was so happy that he met someone who likes him. He refuses to let Ewan run away from him and won't put up from any of the crap from Ewan's 'family'
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Verdant » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey everyone,

Could you also include the creator names in parentheses after the character names? Also, on that note, it would be incredibly helpful if everyone could add a signature link to their character bio thread.

Thanks!
Be a hero and support Pride High on Patreon!
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Name of Characters: Veronica and Tommy, Robert and Noah
Notes: Veronica views them as brothers, and has a big sister complex when it comes to them (which is kinda ironic since she may be the youngest one). She also treats them prety much as she treated her own siblings.

Name Of Characters: Veronica and Kenji
Nature Of Relationship: Friendship/Flirtatious
Notes: Veronica has a crush for Kenji, and when managing to not do something stupid, she tries to seduce him. So far, due to Kenji's sex-phobia, the attempts have been a bit unsuccesful, but she still won't give up.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Brayon » Wed May 14, 2008 9:01 am

Updated my entry. Could this be stickied?
Brayon
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Updated my entry too. :)
"It's actually quite simple, but since you just recently begun to walk upright it may take some time to explain." Jace Beleren to Garruk Wildspeaker.
Safeguard
Senior

Next

Return to Student & Faculty Registry