Vorp and Marionette

Register guest characters here and join the fun!

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Vorp and Marionette

Postby Kagekaze » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Name: Joshua Halberd (Goes by Josh)
Nickname: Vorp
Squad: None
Ethnicity: Tanned Caucasian
Sexual Orientation: Bi (Prefers chicks)
Eye Color: Sea Green
Hair Color: Light Brown
Hair Style: Short and spiked up
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 150 lbs
Class: Freshman
Power: Teleportation
Source of Power: Mutation
Nature of Power: Matter
Primary Role: Brawler
Power 1: Self Teleportation
Power 2: Object Teleportation
Power 3: Other Animal Teleportation
Power 4: Experienced Hand to Hand and Hand to Weapon Combat

Power Explanation/Limitations: (I've decided to change his limitation because it keeps me from ever using it in fear of whatever happens next) Josh must wait 15 seconds between each jump, no less, he can't improve on that time, it will always be 15 seconds. The reason for this is that since his jumping around creates a rift in space time, too many rifts would cause it to rip to much and cause a permanent change.

Final Limitation, what he can bring with him: First off, item teleportation does not count as a teleportation that would either waste one of his "grace period" ones, or add on to his recharge time. Anything he is touching with his hand or the anything the thing in his hand is touching can be teleported (the ground doesn't count, as it is not one continuous solid.). Other people however, do count. Anything alive counts towards his recharge time (Zombies, undead, constructs, ect. do not count as "alive") He can not take people with him, he must teleport them separately and then teleport himself.

Skills: Since his power is exclusively for movement, Josh trained in martial arts so he could use it to his advantage. He is combat experienced and is well versed in hand to hand and hand to weapon combat. He also has a spear, but does not use it that often. He can use a bow and arrow, but he is not that accurate.

Gear: Spear, flash bombs, smoke bombs, string, longbow, and arrows.

Personality: Always has a care-free atitude, he figures why dwell on something when it will only get you down? However, he is full of himself and will take on any challenge directed towards him (within his form of reason.) He can be quite sensitive when he needs to, but he can have quite the temper. He has patience and is quick to defend his friends. He enjoys to spar and play tennis.

Appearance: He always has his brown hair spiked up, at home or in battle (except for maybe a formal event.) He is quite muscular, but it's all lean muscle, so he is still lean. His face is chisled(like the rest os his body) and he is rather attractive. For casual wear he wears what ever he pulled out of his drawer that morning (that match, of course.) In battle he wears black cargo pants, a black shirt, a black satchel that holds his stuff, black tennis shoes, and black gloves (everything is black). Quite ironically, he almost never wears black casually.

Biography: He was born in to orphancy, his father was already dead and his mother died giving birth to him. Contrary to what the stereotype you might have on people that are like that, he would not become cold hearted and violent(all of the time anyways). He was put in an orphanage, but according to the records, he "mysteriously dissapeared" one day at the age of 6. Joshua woke up on the streets, not knowing what else to do or where to go, he took up a life of "crime" to put it in a way. He only stole what he needed, and often found a way to pay back what he had stolen. By the age of 7 he figured out that he had the ability to teleport, when he randomly disappeared and then reappeared in his normal hide out after nearly getting caught by the police. He developed this power as much as he could as he grew older. His life style remained this way until he turned 13, which is when he met Alexander and was captured by him in one of his "crimes". Alexander decided, to his relief, that he would not put in jail, but rather travel with him. He decided this due to reasons; One, he paided for what he had to steal to live most of the time, and the fact that he was a genuinely kind person.

Stats:
STR: 4.5/10
SPD: 4.5/10
AGL: 5/10
INT: 4/10
DUR: 4/10
RNG: 1/10, 2/10 (spear), 3/10 (smoke and flash bombs) 6/10 (long bow) and 10/10 (teleportation)
MNT: 3/10
SKL: 7/10
REG: 4/10
FLY: 0/10

Name: Recca Ayatsuri
Nickname: Marionette
Squad: None
Ethnicity: 1/2 Caucasian 1/2 Japanese
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Eye Color: Violet
Hair Color: Jet Black
Hair Style: Medium length and wavy.
Height: 5'
Weight: 106 lbs
Class: Freshman
Power: Object Manipulation
Source of Power: Genetic
Nature of Power: Matter
Primary Role: Defender
Secondary Role: Multiplier
Tertiary Role: Brawler (With his puppets)
Power 1: Object Manipulation (Inanimate)
Power 2: Energy Strings

Explanation/Limitations: Sean's only super human ability is to create strings of energy. He can attach the strings to objects up to 25 ft away and they act like regular strings… except one thing, they can't be cut or snapped or tied into knots. There is a disadvantage to this though, while normal string would break if say… a person with super strength pulled on it, Sean would go flying if he didn't release the string fast enough. Sean's strings can go up to 50 ft in length and no further. Sean can normally control only up to two of his battle puppets at a time unless it is Kiregire. He must focus all of his attention on Kiregire in order to use him properly. While Sean can control up to two puppets at the same time, he normally focuses all his attention on one anyways. The energy used for Marmoru's and Kensoku's special powers come from the energy embed in the puppet itself, Sean must replenish that energy every month and on those days he becomes tired and extremely weak.

Skills: As well as being an excellent puppeteer (for shows, not fighting quite yet), Sean has also mastered the art of ventriloquism. This had led to much mischief before he came to PPA, not that it is necessarily going to stop. Sean is also a talented strategist, he was(and still is) very good at chess , shogi, Go, and other strategy games by the age of 12. Sean is still training in the art of puppet crafting, and as such, none of the puppets he uses are really his own. However, he does have enough skill to repair his puppets if given enough time. Sean enjoys art and makes graphite sketches whenever he is bored and not playing a strategy game ort eating.

Gear: Sean has 5 puppets, but he only carries up to 3 of them around with him at a time. How the puppets are made, what the puppets are made of, and how the puppets can do what they do, are care fully guarded secrets of the Ayatsuri clan. The puppets capabilities, names, and stats are as follows;

1. Mamoru/Defend: Mamoru's capabilities are simple, it is the most durable of the puppets, and can stand its ground against some of the stronger opponents, but it is also the slowest. It can throw up a shield of energy directly in front of it that is 5ft by 5ft. When Sean uses it, it only moves to defend, Sean generally stays within range of the puppet to defend himself if the enemy ever gets close enough. It is never used to attack, and bears the semblance of a turtle. Sean tends to sit on top of it as a seat during non-fight situations and while he is thinking.
Stats:
STR: 5
SPD: 2
AGL: 3
DUR: 8
SKL: 4

2. Semeru/Attack: The exact opposite of Mamoru, Semeru is purely for offense. It is the most skilled of the Puppets and has the speed to do it good. The issue is that it is the least agile of them all, leading to difficult maneuvering and a lot of "Damn, didn't get there in time." situations. Semaru is equipped with many weapons, most of which are dipped in paralyzing agents, sedatives, and sometimes, just plain poison. Semeru looks like a human.
Stats:
STR:5
SPD:4
AGL:2
DUR:3
SKL:8

3. Aruku/Move: The fastest of the puppets, it speeds around and confuses the enemy, attacking from time to time. However, even tough it is the fastest and has agility to reckon with, it is the least durable of the puppets. Like Semeru, Aruku has quite a few weapons of its own. Aruku resembles a cheetah.
Stats:
STR: 3
SPD: 8
AGL: 5
DUR: 2
SKL: 4

4. Kensoku/Capture: Sean has this puppet built so that he would not always have to kill his enemy to keep him/her out of the way. The result was Kensoku, Kensoku has a pocket dimension in its bowels. If you ever have to count yourself among the people unlucky enough to get caught by Kensoku, expect to be there till he lets you out. The second fastest puppet it has no particular specialty, just using what it would take to capture someone. Kensoku looks like a panda.
Stats:
STR: 4
SPD: 7
AGL: 6
DUR: 3
SKL: 2

5. Kiregire/Pieces: Possibly the oddest of all Sean's puppets, Kiregire's function is to surprise and out maneuver the opponent . Kiregire has no real defined shape and is best defined as just a bunch of pieces. The greatest advantage of Kiregire is that Sean can immediately connect to parts of it without need of contact due to that very fact. The downside to this is that Kiregire requires more attention to detail then the other puppets if he wishes to control it all at once, and must put all his effort and attention towards Kiregire to do so. Kiregire has the most weapons out of all the puppets, including nets, blades, poisonous gas, paralysis powder, ect.
Stats:
STR:2
SPD:6
AGL:8
DUR:4
SKL:2

Sean also carries around marbles, a gas mask, antidotes to all of his concoctions, Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", and tools to fix his puppets on the go. These are held in a brown satchel that he always carries around with him.

Personality: While being a happy, enjoyable, social person, Sean's personality can be as manipulative as his powers. He gets what he wants by making people want to give it to him, Sean does not enjoy manipulating people he likes, but he will if he has to. Sean fights the way he was trained to and is not afraid to kill if need be, he will avoid dealing the final blow if he can, but he considers the enemy too much of a threat, he won't flinch in doing so.

Appearance: Sean is rather small at only 5' and is constantly looking up at people. Back at his old school, many of the girls, especially the taller ones, loved him because he was so cute and huggable and, well just plain small. His hair is medium length and has a nice wave to it, causing it to flair up a bit at the ends. In battle, he wears a sugegasa (japenese straw hat.) a hakama pants, a gi, tabi socks, and geta sandals. For "civies" he wears normal everyday clothes or a mens kimono, depending on what he feels like that day.

Biography: A descendent of the Ayatsuri clan, Sean is 1/2 Japanese (his dad) and 1/2 American (his mom). The Ayatsuri clan are puppeteers and go all the way back to Genna era. They have been employed in many different ways from assassin to entertainer. Sean is an American citizen even though he was born in Osaka, Japan. Sean started to play with puppets at a very young age (using normal strings of course.) He loved (and still does) to make them dance and talk and act human. By the age of 8 he had already mastered ventriloquism and was masterful with the puppets. When he turned the age of 9 his dad revealed to him his abilities as was customary in his clan. After an incident at school involving a bully, a kid, and a falling sign (guess), his parents decided to move to America and later enrolled him in PPA.

Stats:

STR: 3
SPD: 4
AGL: 5
INT: 4
DUR: 3
RNG: 5
MNT: 4
SKL: 3
REG: 3
FLY: 0
Last edited by Kagekaze on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Shonen-Ai Guy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:55 am

:D LOVE the char! Great, well thought out... Bio.

WARNING *TRICKSTER* is a name used by a character in the DC comic 'Catwoman' amongst others.

Using 'Trickster' would be a against the Character Guidelines...

http://www.pridecomics.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=337

Not that rules aren't flexible... BUT on the off-chance you want your character 'Trickster' featured in future issues of 'Pride-High' it really can't be because then the people making it couldn't use your character and still 'sell' the comic... Without risking legal action from DC.

other than that ur first character is awesome (LOVE HIS OUTFIT)
But 'Ba dah dah de dum' I'm lovin it!
SAG
Shonen-Ai Guy
Prospective Student

Postby candyman1989 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:09 am

Well I can honestly say it’s an improvement on your previous characters. Though there are a few kinks you may want to address.

Travis: You might want to see a Doctor you know.
Alexander: Why?
Travis: Your eye’s changed color when you put on that sweater. That CAN’T be healthy.

Be careful making a super smart character especially with deductive reasoning as you’ll be expected to back it up on the RP boards.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:07 am

I agree with Candyman in RPGs you will have to back up your claim to superhuman intellect and when you don't you'll lamely have to say "well I knew that but I left it to you guys" or fade out until someone else figures out the puzzle.

Also the fact he can fill out four roles is a bit unhealthy but I take it since he doesn't have a brawler role (Quintiary) that means hes not very good at martial arts which is nice.

And thankfully psychics can effect him I note. Thats nice, so many people think psychic immunity is a must have for EVERYcharacter

The eye colour thing....yeah...not a good one, he's like the third or fourth character with it
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:09 am

Okay first, Thanks Shonen-Ai guy for pointing that out. I have never heard of hgim and i'm kind of sad. Second, I think I will probably change the intelligence, buut it will have to be replaced with sometyhing else, and finally. The eye color thing is really that popular? Cause my eyes really change color like that so I wnated to put that into the character... sigh. Well mine just kind of changes at random, so I dun care. And thenks for your comments!
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Sage » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:33 am

Well thats a great attitude to have Kage. I'm not going to point out things that have already been pointed out (I mean, ten people pointing at something does make someone more likely to look, but anyone who cares would take notice at the first point) but I will say that roleplaying is a system. It's a mutual story that has to be able to... flow.

That's what really makes the student/faculty registry important: people can see how their characters would interact with others. That said, if there is a lack of liking due to supafly abilities that are, forgive the repetition, unable to be backed up, then there is a problem. And if there is a problem, a river wont flow. It'll back up and dam and ten thousand other things.

So your confidence in your abilities to handle Alexander is marvelous, but just remember that the nail that stubbornly stands the tallest gets hit the hardest with the hammer.

Whoa.. Too much thinking this morning... I need to get seriously funified,,,
Sage
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

Does it really need to be replaced?
The more powers you give a person the less time he or she should have to devote to training them ergo the more powers a person has in this school the less time they should be able to spend training technically

Thats my view.

Anyway teh fact he can warp gravity and do a psylocke on reality shifts is enough I think, besides his dimensional anchor - does that stop him crossing portals or into other times or realities?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Moon Sage wrote:Well thats a great attitude to have Kage. I'm not going to point out things that have already been pointed out (I mean, ten people pointing at something does make someone more likely to look, but anyone who cares would take notice at the first point) but I will say that roleplaying is a system. It's a mutual story that has to be able to... flow.

That's what really makes the student/faculty registry important: people can see how their characters would interact with others. That said, if there is a lack of liking due to supafly abilities that are, forgive the repetition, unable to be backed up, then there is a problem. And if there is a problem, a river wont flow. It'll back up and dam and ten thousand other things.

So your confidence in your abilities to handle Alexander is marvelous, but just remember that the nail that stubbornly stands the tallest gets hit the hardest with the hammer.

Whoa.. Too much thinking this morning... I need to get seriously funified,,,

huh?
what the? What did I do wrong! I was happy for the feedback!
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:32 pm

The Hellion wrote:Does it really need to be replaced?
The more powers you give a person the less time he or she should have to devote to training them ergo the more powers a person has in this school the less time they should be able to spend training technically

Thats my view.

Anyway the fact he can warp gravity and do a psylocke on reality shifts is enough I think, besides his dimensional anchor - does that stop him crossing portals or into other times or realities?

I talked to my friends about it, and no it doesn't need to be replaced. As for the dimensional anchor, no it does not stop him from from doing so unless he chooses. Basically the dimensional anchor keeps the a person in the place an present (i say present because if i said time that would infer that the person would be stopped in time and therefore unaging.)
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Moonsage was just referring to the immense power some characters wield without side effect or difficulty. The more you try to be the best in some place, the more the RPG or Fic Manager must strive to push you into the story line or create challenges or just work with you. He was basically saying think about what would happen if you had to fight your own character or challenge them. Eventually the character becomes boring to use because they can do anything

Thanks for clearing up the dimensional anchor thing, so basically if they were all warped into anothe rreality in theri sleep he would be effected because its a conscious choice?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:45 pm

pretty much. Okay I get it, he just sounded pretty angery at me for some reason though.
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Nah he was just trying to be Sage-ly

See what I did there?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 pm

lol
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Kagekaze » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Second Character is up, now introducing, Vorp!
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:24 am

For the record I don't think teleporters are Mary Sues: Nightcrawler, I don't think anyone could mistake him for a Marty Stu...
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Next

Return to Student & Faculty Registry