La Rana, Borrower, Wise Monkey, & Damiyo Black

Register guest characters here and join the fun!

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 pm

candyman1989 wrote:La Rana especially. I like the powers, I like the look and I like the history. In fact if she's looking for a roomate/math tutor my character Krilla would get along very well with her. They both prefer warm humid environments after all.

The Borrower is an interesting character but his powers concern me slightly. They have the potential to be plot destroying in an RP. If the villan gets away he can just pull them back. Maybe a limitation on Organic matter requiring line of sight? Or a part of the entity to be borrowed? Just suggestions mind you.

Sounds like a good set up. I'm sure Jennifer would be thrilled to have a roommate who shares similar characteristics, since that would make things a bit easier for her. Plus, she wouldn't have to bug Riley for tutoring all the time (lol :P).

You make an excellent point with his teleportation abilities, I hadn't really thought about that when I was designing Borrower. I'll definitely have to consider the magic in that so I can make him more "RP-able," so to speak. Thanks for bringing that up, I always love getting tips/constructive criticism from fellow readers. I helps me grow as a writer, and I really appreciate it :D.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm sure they are: I mean, things do seem to progress slowly and it's essentially on a hiatus BUT I think we will eventually see news. Then again I' the kind of person who believes sometimes hope is all we have left .___. But eh, I'm not that disheartened.

That tidbit aside, well, yes, it does leaves space for new ideas and possibilities open when such things happen, and we can already start testing out the waters so to speak, interacting and seeing how things might fit and such :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:I'm sure they are: I mean, things do seem to progress slowly and it's essentially on a hiatus BUT I think we will eventually see news. Then again I' the kind of person who believes sometimes hope is all we have left .___. But eh, I'm not that disheartened.

That tidbit aside, well, yes, it does leaves space for new ideas and possibilities open when such things happen, and we can already start testing out the waters so to speak, interacting and seeing how things might fit and such :)

That's the spirit! Never give up, never say die, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb, that's the Team-Dai-Gurren way!

... Sorry about that, I still have some of my Gurren Lagann fandom to work outta my system.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

ShastaB24 wrote:Actually, you could create a boards-only squad, but nothing canon, which might mean people would ignore it when writing about the ISC. I am trying to formulate a squad for the next school year, but can't do anything for this year.

Wowowowowowowwoowowowow holdonholdonholdon THAT WAS POSSIBLE? D: Dudette here I thought I was the only psycho with that idea....

I myself was trying to formulate a squad for the next school year, but was in that same situation as Shasta. Admittedly a non-canon squad might be a fun idea for interaction (I had kinda sorta done so in a non-canon fic of mine, Love Triangle and Mystic Circles, back when I didn't cringe at my own writing at the time) but it does bring up the fact that it might or would be ignored when talking about the canon stuff, what goes in the comic and essentially would set apart further the canon from the fanon. It can be done, though, if at least as a sort of way to test out waters and see just how things work between creators and characters...

...or, storywise, it could be set in the next year. Like, a sort of fic/RP that is supposed to be set in the next year storywise but as a way of fleshing out possible ideas, as non-canon as any other but to explore the posibilities.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

ShastaB24 wrote:Wasn't a major plot point in Jurassic Park that the dinosaurs could change their sex because frog DNA ws used to patch up their genetic code?

Yes, it was. Its also what happens in nature a lot of times, as this is what a lot of amphibians do when their population is out of whack in terms of male-to-female/female-to-male ratio. However, the African Reed Frog is able to change gender/sex without enviromental/population triggers... Or so my research has led me to believe. Again, I'm not a scientist :).
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:
ShastaB24 wrote:Actually, you could create a boards-only squad, but nothing canon, which might mean people would ignore it when writing about the ISC. I am trying to formulate a squad for the next school year, but can't do anything for this year.

Wowowowowowowwoowowowow holdonholdonholdon THAT WAS POSSIBLE? D: Dudette here I thought I was the only psycho with that idea....

I myself was trying to formulate a squad for the next school year, but was in that same situation as Shasta. Admittedly a non-canon squad might be a fun idea for interaction (I had kinda sorta done so in a non-canon fic of mine, Love Triangle and Mystic Circles, back when I didn't cringe at my own writing at the time) but it does bring up the fact that it might or would be ignored when talking about the canon stuff, what goes in the comic and essentially would set apart further the canon from the fanon. It can be done, though, if at least as a sort of way to test out waters and see just how things work between creators and characters...

...or, storywise, it could be set in the next year. Like, a sort of fic/RP that is supposed to be set in the next year storywise but as a way of fleshing out possible ideas, as non-canon as any other but to explore the posibilities.

This sounds like it'd be fun :).
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Danny_the_'Net wrote:
Prince Blanche wrote:

This sounds like it'd be fun :).

My, you make me blush like a schoolgirl with those words. But then again, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here: I DO consider that, it being non-canon and easily rendered aside if the Word of God wants to, it can be done as long as it is explicitly labeled as not being attempting to integrate it to canon or mimic canon itself; but of course, Verdant and the team has the final word on what goes around and what doesn't in here so in the end, if such a fic or RP is done I suppose we should heed to what Word of God regards as being better.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:My, you make me blush like a schoolgirl with those words. But then again, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here: I DO consider that, it being non-canon and easily rendered aside if the Word of God wants to, it can be done as long as it is explicitly labeled as not being attempting to integrate it to canon or mimic canon itself; but of course, Verdant and the team has the final word on what goes around and what doesn't in here so in the end, if such a fic or RP is done I suppose we should heed to what Word of God regards as being better.

Of course, you speak the truth, Blanche. We must abide by "Word of God" in regards of what is best for the comic and the fandom, especially in terms of already preset guidelines. In the end, this is their world after all, I suppose (lol :P).
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Danny_the_'Net wrote:
Prince Blanche wrote:My, you make me blush like a schoolgirl with those words. But then again, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here: I DO consider that, it being non-canon and easily rendered aside if the Word of God wants to, it can be done as long as it is explicitly labeled as not being attempting to integrate it to canon or mimic canon itself; but of course, Verdant and the team has the final word on what goes around and what doesn't in here so in the end, if such a fic or RP is done I suppose we should heed to what Word of God regards as being better.

Of course, you speak the truth, Blanche. We must abide by "Word of God" in regards of what is best for the comic and the fandom, especially in terms of already preset guidelines. In the end, this is their world after all, I suppose (lol :P).

Yeah, but eh, let's see how things can work out ^^ I myself am working on a few side things for the site and am pondering on some very important questions regarding my own characters at the moment but we can see what happens :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:Yeah, but eh, let's see how things can work out ^^ I myself am working on a few side things for the site and am pondering on some very important questions regarding my own characters at the moment but we can see what happens :)

That sounds like it would be best. Time will tell what is in store for "The Pride-Verse." Good luck with the stuff for the site and your questions for your characters, by the way :D.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Danny_the_'Net wrote:
Prince Blanche wrote:Yeah, but eh, let's see how things can work out ^^ I myself am working on a few side things for the site and am pondering on some very important questions regarding my own characters at the moment but we can see what happens :)

That sounds like it would be best. Time will tell what is in store for "The Pride-Verse." Good luck with the stuff for the site and your questions for your characters, by the way :D.

Thank you my kind sir ^^ Admittedly I haven't really advanced much yet, but it's mostly a few things I need to ponder about, whether revamping, altering or replacing... but I'll get on to that at a later point ^^
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 am

La Rana seems very unique! It's rare anyone doesn't make their female characters an idea beauty queen and I applaud that! Her backstory is quite nicely written and I love how descriptive on how her powers work.

The Borrower is quite different as well, being able to take things from anywhere as long as he can picture that specific object. That would be so convenient to have seeing as me and my husband have the annoying ability to misappropriate things.

I have this funny picture of him now borrowing a bicycle and the cyclist (possibly someone he knows) falling on their butt and cursing his name in futility. :lol:
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 am

MentalFloss wrote:La Rana seems very unique! It's rare anyone doesn't make their female characters an idea beauty queen and I applaud that! Her backstory is quite nicely written and I love how descriptive on how her powers work.

The Borrower is quite different as well, being able to take things from anywhere as long as he can picture that specific object. That would be so convenient to have seeing as me and my husband have the annoying ability to misappropriate things.

I have this funny picture of him now borrowing a bicycle and the cyclist (possibly someone he knows) falling on their butt and cursing his name in futility. :lol:

Glad you like them, Mentalfloss. La Rana is actually my personal favorite, truth be told, and even though she's really pretty, she doesn't admit it, usually out of modesty or humility. The frog-characteristics like her webbed feet, green skin, and prehensile tongue are a part of her charm for me, since I've always had a soft-spot for characters with unique physical traits like Nightcrawler, Blink, She-Hulk, etc. Besides, it lets her be more flexible and spunky in character, if you ask me.

Heh, Borrower does do things like that a lot, and it'll probably happen to KO more often than not, given Riley's penchant for pranking prejudiced ponces (alliteration strikes again, :lol:!). I based his ability mainly on Mary Norton's concept of the Borrowers, and how they tend to take on the role of "misplaced objects that turn up in the most unexpected places." I thought a power like Riley's would be fun to mess around with and just as amusing to write.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 pm

(EDIT) Put a limiter on Riley's teleportation abilities in regards to humans, restricting it's effects to his line of sight as a failsafe power-limiter put in place by the Tuatha Dé Danann. They did this so as to ensure he didn't become ultra-powerful, and to ensure that he didn't abuse his abilities and make the superhero-gig too easy (lol :P)
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:34 am

Well Tommy never named the majority of La Raza you never know...

These are great characters though Riley is the first Irish man i have met named Riley :P
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to Student & Faculty Registry