Did Will get to this place or something?

Moderator: Perihelion

Did Will get to this place or something?

Postby Oni » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Cause it is really dead....

-glances around-

Dunno who remembers or cares bout little ol me but a few weeks ago I took down the profiles for Locke and Faye and feel I need to explain why I did such a thing.

For one, with college having started just last week and my life being rather hecktic, I don't roleplay like I used to. Plus there were some player related problems on here that just made me want to walk away, which I ended up doing a few times. But I do try to keep in touch with some of ya when I can.

And the other reason is that Locke and Faye don't belong here anymore.
I loved my kids, mostly Locke, and couldn't bare to see them waste away here. So they have a new home, a series that I am more than eager to get to work on though some research for locations still need to be done.

That series is Keeper of the Loch.

There's so much I want to say on the story, but I think I'm going to keep it all hush hush. Just know that if you ever see the book, I demand it to be picked up, bought, and read. ;3

What I will tell you is that the main protagonist is our lovable Locke, the sidekick-y characters are the ever unpredictable duo of Faye and Thomas, and one of the main baddies is, can you guess? Yup, it's Will.

Their powers and backgrounds have all been altered enough for them to fit into this world of mine, but they are still essentially them. I can't wait to start working on it, but, as Rich has advised me on numerous occasions, I want to try and get to Europe first to explore the areas Keeper takes place in.

So, who knows when it will get finished, but it will definitely be started in the near future or Will might come after me (he likes the plans I have for this).

Just had to explain myself :3
And while I won't be roleplaying, I plan to poke on in here every now and then ;3

So tata for now dearies~!
Oni
Sophomore

Postby Darkness1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

As Oni has said this place is pretty dead and this is my farewell as well. Thomas and Alex have been removed as I'm beginning uni in a fortnight and I'm currently working on my own work.

The ride's been fun and the journey colourful but I think it's time for me to close my part of this book.

Naturally people and circumstances change and maybe I'll find my way back here one day. But for the time being, so long chaps.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 am

Well, I am going to miss you guys, along Faye, Locke, Thomas and Alex, but I understand your reasons to do it and well, I wish you good luck with your works and series, and of course with your classes :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Rosenfall » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 am

Good luck. It does seem this place is dead. So sad. Does anyone know if the comic is still running?
Rosenfall
Prospective Student

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:55 pm

I hope things will pick up, though. I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the Lucky Legendary delay. I don't know the specifics of that, either, but I wonder if Spanky has been having some things come up that has to be put in front of drawing the comic.

But I still want to put up more from Amber and Vince. I have a chapter in the pipeline, but am having difficulty finding artists. Though I want to draw some of the pages, just to get things going, I am finding my own time conflicts, and I know there are pages I won't be able to draw.

I want the boards to still be alive when the comic is done, so I can post it here. Amber and Vince's story at least needs to get through their freshman year on these boards. Later bits might be able to be posted in other places (I am trying to start my own "company", after all).

Plus, with Heroscribe Comics now officially dead, I hope I'm not seeing a trend of LGBT comic publishers disappearing. If nothing else, Pride High needs to finish its arc (maybe Tommy could get picked up by a place like Image? It would be a way to more easily find artists and draw in people who may not have heard of the comic).
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby DrawingMonkey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't worry.... everything is still running a long. Issue 8 was drawn along time ago and is with the colorist, but I was drawing 8 and 9 together.

The delay with the Legends is that we're taking a breaking while our heroes are pursuing other things at the moment, because I've been busy too!

I'm been doing work on some Hollywood projects lately, and other freelance things here and there, but I'm still working to make Pride High awesome for anyone who reads it!
DrawingMonkey
Prospective Student

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Well, it's good to have the clarification. I just came to the assumption due to Lucky Legendary being off the air, of sorts.

That said, I am disappointed that Heroscribe Comics is also gone. This does not seem to be a good time for gay superheroes. Let's review:

Pride High delayed, Heroscribe goes away, Batwoman's run in Detective Comics is unceremoniously stopped, Lucky Legendary goes on hiatus, Northstar continues to bea non-entity in Marvel, DC ends the Wildstorm imprint, therefore putting The Authority in limbo until they are brought into the proper DC universe (to likely be then forgotten about)

Hopefully things will pick up. Maybe I can finally get an artist for my stories and get some more stuff out there (but most artists who have the talent also justifiably want assured money from such a partnership, and I can only ofer to split profits if my stuff makes money). Dang, I need to teach myself how to draw.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Return to Off-topic