Two good movies I saw rather recently

Moderator: Perihelion

Two good movies I saw rather recently

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 pm

I just wanted to say that not too long ago, I saw the movies Mercury Man and Zsazsa Zaturnnah and will say I recommend them.

Mercury Man is a Thai superhero film from the makers of Ong Bak which focuses on a firefighter who gets superpowers from a meteorite fragmet, which gives him magnetic and fire-based powers. It seemed interesting on the fact that it was a superhero film from another country, but what truly drew me towards it is part of the cast: due to the heavy reliance on Muay Thai during the film,they brought in transwoman Nong Toom, who was the subject of the bio-pic Beautiful Boxer, which depicted her transition while rising through the Muay Thai ranks. Not only did she help coordinate fights in the movie, but she also plays the hero's sister in the film--and she is quite awesome in it (and best experienced in the subtited version--the dubbed version takes out any lines referring to her being trans).

Zsazsa Zaturnnah (in full Zsazsa Zaturnnah: Ze Mooveeh) is based on the stage show based on the comic series Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah (The Spectacular Adventures of Zsazsa Zaturnnah) from the Philippines and is primarily in Tagalog. This movie is a musical that tells the story of a gay man who comes in contact with a metoeor which allows him to tranform into the invincible and super strong heroine Zsazsa Zaturnnah. It is firmly tongue in cheek, with special effects which I assume are deliberately cheesy. And the music is quite catchy, even if my inability to understand the language means I really only remember the tune.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Return to Off-topic