Hero

Moderator: Perihelion

Postby TailsofElements » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:38 pm

I fricken loved it! Not only was it my favorite super powers and stories of the underdogs but I could see alot of myself in Thom. I also loved his lack in absolute detail leaving the images to your imagination.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 pm

So now that I have more time to post, Hero was amazing. Though I've had it better off than Thom I felt the same tension through my discovering myself phase, my coming out and my crush on my best friend. Have not had first kiss but that will come in time. I'm still confused exactly about all his powers since he doesn't know them himself and I swore Golden Boy was gonna be gay but oh well all is good. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Promstar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:31 pm

I just read it too, though my copy didn't look like that posted mine had a superman style man ripping his top open ..

I got it yesterday and finished it today, rather good. THough i could see what was coming miles off i enjoyed it, wont ruin it for those not read it but i had a tears 3 times, one at the very end and two relating to Ruth.

It kinda leaves you with the idea, if i dont get of my arse and do something with my life its gonna pass by and ill regret it later.
Eleanor Renoir a nun in france, is fused with a street hooker in a mystical explosion. Artwork is from Pride High Comic, but character is mine!
[url="http://www.pridecomics.com"]Check out the comic![/url]
Promstar
Freshman

Postby Sage » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Ruth has my heart 100%. I know a woman just like her and I dont know what I'd do when the time comes that [you-know-what occurs].
Sage
Sophomore

Postby Darkness1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:49 pm

I got it last week and finished it the next day, easily one of the best books in a long time for me. And I agree Moon Sage Ruth is AWESOME! I still say Oneirokinesis and Telepathy are the best though. But Thom's power was cool because it didn't make him an overpowered tw*t.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:42 pm

In the end Thom's power made him an over powered tw*t he spontaneously became able to fly and gained super strength............why?

I liked Hero but it felt 2D sometimes, it let itself down in an area here or there and the momentum was lost
The Hellion
Senior

Postby GoldHammer » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:13 pm

I think he's wrong about that example of Runaways. I think they were singled out plotwise soley by the fact they were the only ones who were a couple, and they were also all the aliens plus wiccan, and nor-varr was mind controlled by an xenophobe warden
If anything, I think it was an example of equal treatment
GoldHammer
Prospective Student

Postby Gryphon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:27 pm

I loved Hero, definitely one of my favorite books now. I do have to agree with Hellion though, the end kind of drove me crazy. Wrapped it up too neatly in some ways while making his power too strong. (something which bothered me about his ability was the apparent absorption of energy when he healed - logically he should be expending energy when healing though after hours of wrestling with it I determined that if he locally reversed the temporal nature of the injury he could then actually absorb the energy that would have otherwise produced said injury while technically healing it by causing it to have not occured.)

Still despite the flaws towards the end, I really did love the book and the characters. I always like stories which focus on the misfits or characters that are otherwise forgotten (runaways being another good example) These aren't just those who are ostrasized from normal society, but from their own minority. (I liked Sky high despite the cheesyness factor for the same reason, though again the ending disappointed me for the exact same turnabout in the main character's power as occured in Hero.) And The revelations about Scarlett were actually very unexpected, which I find a rare thing in plots these days (there's generally a suspicion of an event to occur, but she caught me off guard.)
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby Promstar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Something i saw today:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEImBLKMsyZPNI

Variety reports that Showtime is putting together a project with Stan Lee that examines a superhero who is a homosexual.

Based on the book Hero by Perry Moore, the story will focus on a new superhero and the double life he leads.

Lee will executive produce the untitled project along with Gill Champion. Champion is the CEO and president of Lee's Pow! Entertainment.

Perry Moore will be writing the screenplay with Hunter Hill.
Eleanor Renoir a nun in france, is fused with a street hooker in a mystical explosion. Artwork is from Pride High Comic, but character is mine!
[url="http://www.pridecomics.com"]Check out the comic![/url]
Promstar
Freshman

Postby Perihelion » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 am

I saw a few days ago that Stan Lee is producing a movie based on the Hero book.
Perihelion
Freshman

Previous

Return to Other Comics & Cartoons