Doctor Who?

Moderator: Perihelion

Doctor Who?

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:37 pm

I know It isn't exactly a cartoon
But

I just have to say I love Doctor Who.
Comedy, Dramatic or Action episodes alike they're all entertaining - granted I hate the return of the Daleks but that aside I was wondering if there were any other fans

Or of Torchwood (Janto! Janto or Iack)

Or of The Sarah Jane Adventures even which wasn't too bad...

I want a sonic screwdriver or Sonic pen...but I'll settle one from the Dublin Forbidden Planet
The Hellion
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:24 pm

ZOMG DOCTOR WHO! You have no clue how weird this is. I am currently in the house, dog sitting, of the person who first showed me show last week. I love it, sooooo awesome yet scary (sort of).
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 am

Torchwood! *Squeee!*

Never been a huge Dr Who fan, i'll watch it happily if it's on but never activly tune in for it.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Brayon » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:00 am

I like British Comedy... Black Ader, Monty Python, Benny Hill, were some of my favorites.

Dr Who on the other hand, I hated up until this last Doctor. For some reason, he just seems a little bit more charismatic than the others. A more approchable face.

Have not seen Torchwood, though I hear a lot of good things about it. And I do not like the Sarah Jane Adventures. They are "alright: but there is just something about them that I find stand-off-ish.

I miss my Red Dwarf.... "We're the boys from the Dwarf."
Brayon
Freshman

Postby Promstar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:14 pm

Ianto is mine!!!! keep your mitts off Mr Hellion!
Eleanor Renoir a nun in france, is fused with a street hooker in a mystical explosion. Artwork is from Pride High Comic, but character is mine!
[url="http://www.pridecomics.com"]Check out the comic![/url]
Promstar
Freshman

Postby TailsofElements » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:01 pm

That's easy to explain Bryan. The tenth doctor is hot. Duh.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:15 pm

I like Ianto more than Gwen by a long shot
Lord she's annoying
The Dead Ringers do her so well: "Welsh"
And did they run out of welsh names!?
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Verdant » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I actually like Gwen. She gave a good bit of tension to the Jack/Ianto relationship. It was great to see a MMF love triangle, where the "wrong moral choice" was the woman, who was cheating on her husband. No small feat for TV!
Be a hero and support Pride High on Patreon!
Verdant
Head Resident Advisor

Postby The Hellion » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:25 am

Episode of S1 of the New Doctor Who called "The Unquiet Dead"
Gwyneth the parlour made in a Cardiff funeral home is played by Gwen the police liasion from Cardiff Torchwood

Still the fact is that RTD keeps talking about it being a slow burn and I expect Rhys will be axed at some point to make way for a straight romance - this will of course cost them viewers but its what they do in TVLand.

Disappoint.

I'm off to buy myself a sonic screwdriver and sonic pen later this week - just coz i lovethis sceneand this scenefrom Partners in Crime but mainly: I've decided one of my halloween costumes will be a doctor Who costume this year. I always have at least 3 costumes planned
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Promstar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 am

Still the fact is that RTD keeps talking about it being a slow burn and I expect Rhys will be axed at some point to make way for a straight romance - this will of course cost them viewers but its what they do in TVLand.

I don't think they will as Rhys is fundemental to Gwen's character and her life outside torchwood.

Also have you not seen the number of gay people including the director, script writers, and everyone by the looks of the Dr Who confodential that was on TV last week!

I am currently in love with one of the prosthetics makers he was hot!
Eleanor Renoir a nun in france, is fused with a street hooker in a mystical explosion. Artwork is from Pride High Comic, but character is mine!
Promstar
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:04 am

Hm. Still I expect them to disappoint me
As I expect to be disappointed by the upcoming season finale of series 3

Why?

Because RTD seems to do that to me frequently enough. Sighs a plenty

Personally I found the Sarah Jane Adventures interesting - why? - because they weren't as fluffy happy as a children's program would be expected to be, they're actually quite dark in fact. I was impressed by that sufficiently to not hate them
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Promstar » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:00 am

Well i guess we find out on Sat what happens with the Dr :P

not to make any spoilers of course , I wont say what i think is going to happen :)
Promstar
Freshman

Torchwood is ending.

Postby Impure » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:42 am

The final season will only be 5 episodes and its a mini series so I don't expect a lot of Jack and Ianto but I hope for the best. So far the Dr. Who franchise is the best sci-fi franchise in tems of supporting GLBT fans.
Impure
Prospective Student

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:09 am

Indeed
Jack. Ianto. The sisters in Gridlock. Pretty much all of Torchwood. Various other implications including the deleted scene from the first Cybermen arc in S2.

The finale of S4 Doctor Who is tonight
I am dying of excitement
The Hellion
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:01 pm

And now I die from utter utter complete and utter disappointment

Russell T Davies in one "look I'm so clever" effort managed to ruin a character. I don't even know why he bothered to try...something more conventional would have been the better option

And of course I suspect he knew how it looked so he quickly did his best to make everything sad as completely as possible.......................with rain

Bravo

Ugh
The Hellion
Senior

Next

Return to Other Comics & Cartoons