My comic projects (and they are rather big endeavors)

Moderator: Perihelion

My comic projects (and they are rather big endeavors)

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:26 pm

As you can see in my last topic, I have the comic "Maame's Night Out" updating online (it's sort, and winding down), but it's not my only project. I just wanted to inform people about what I have planned down the line:

Madame's Night Out - take it from webcomic and possibly, after collaborating with him to spruce up the length (clarity-establishing pages and the like), get it up on IndyPlanet. This might be followed by updated versions of the original Madame Fatal comics--using the original comics, I'd write a script and an artist would draw the comic in the more modern comic style.

Heroes Alliance - I wrote a (large) script icorporating many characters and have sent it to those characters' creators. Barring approval and after any edits they ask for, I will solicit artists and get the issue online whenever the administrator deems it appropriate. I would plan on selling it on IndyPlanet after it has completed online for a minimal price (to make it affordable and because i would be difficult to divvy up the pay if it were at a profit-making price).

The Broken - I am putting this out as a community art proect and, since the stories are already up on these boards and therefore can be read at any time. Also, this is where I humbly ask any artists on these boards if they want to contribute a page. Please? It'll be good promotion for Pride High.

Karabear Comics Unlimited - two scripts are written in this anthology of my superhero (and maybe other genres) stories which are not part of my main comic universe, nor a part of Pride High's universe (directly, maybe), as well as whatever crossovers my characters have with webcomic characters. This will be a community project, though I plan on contributing all the art to the first issue (because it's a bit easier to draw). The first two issues are part of the same storyline and also tie in the next story and hint at the beginning of my regular comic universe. These issues I plan on putting on IndyPlanet as soon as each ends, as well.

Karabear Comics - My comic universe, and though I have a decent amount of scripts written, will take a little more time for me to solicit artists, because I want a good backlog and a regular schedule for the books. Currently said books would be an anthology title, a reality-hopping team title, a Batman-like detective title, a Superman parody character title, an Avengers-like title, and another team title for four characters with elemental powers. The big ones are the anthology and the reality-hoppers, and I may focus the most on the latter, letting other writers take on the other books the majority of the time--especially the last, as I may not even have the drive to start it but still love the idea of the characters (any takers on writing it?).

Trans Dimensional Trans Superheroes - I also want to gather together trans superheroes in their own cross-dimensional team and try and get different trans artists to draw it. Sort of like Heroes Unite or Heroes Alliance combined with Crossoverlord or Crossoverkill and focused on transgender characters. These stories would certainly be posted on IndyPlanet after they finish, as well.

Yes, it s ambitious. But it's still possible to get done. And when I actually get ideas flowing through my head, I need to get them down on paper, lest I let a good idea float away. Plus, I love writing, so doing all the projects above will be euphoric.

Of course, this would mean collaborating with an untold amount of artists, but that is a challenge I am ready to accept. It's the principle of it all--and the last project is so groundbreaking that it must be done After all, has there ever been a serious all-trans superhero team? There has been all-black (I believe, can't think of any, though), all-female (can't think of any naes to the teams, but they assuredly exist), all-gay (thanks especially to Spandex, and if Queeroes would have lasted, it as well), and so on, but the trans community needs their own team.

Tell me what you think. I'll be posting here from time to time, as well, to update you on my projects--the status of scripts, when I get artists, when I get a website, etc. Hopefully I will make as big a name for myself in LGBT comics as Pride High, So Super Duper, Boy Meets Hero, or even Class Comics. I sure know that I will collaborate with and promote whatever LGBT comics I can (that said, read Spandex, So Super Duper, Boy Meets Hero, The Dragon Queen, High Maintenance, O City, and, if you're over 18, Class Comics--no link beause it's not kid-friendly; search for it, but I'm not linking to an adult site on these boards).
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

I have a comic up on IndyPlanet: Gold Comics #1. It contains the aforemenioned "Madame's Night Out", as well as three public domain superhero stories. The comic is being sold for $6.50, which will be split between myself and the artist of "Madame's Night Out", Genejoke.

Also, check out my website for all information on Karabear Comics.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 am

I now have a t-shirt up for sale. It's for anybody who's trans (or trans-friendly, if they don't mind people thinking they're trans) and likes superheroes (or considers themselves or trans people superheroes).

It's the logo for a group of trans superheroes (kind of like how the Superman family has their S-shield) I want to create (though the logo may just be free-standing, not tied to a character). If I create the characters, they would also wear capes which are colored like the trans flag. Their powers and codenames might be variable, though.

I say group of characters, because I wouldn't want the logo to be specifically tied to an MTF or FTM character, let alone any of the other variable identities.

But if anybody wants to draw a trans superhero with that logo and the cape, that would be awesome.

Also, I need artists for my comics. The comics will go up on IndyPlanet and I'll split the profits 50/50 with the artist on each issue (the same setup as I'm using on Gold Comics #1).
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby PowerLad » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 am

That's awesome...I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Send me details of what you want me to draw and I'll do..if ya want.
PowerLad
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:21 am

I sent a PM with four scripts. The amount of scripts is so that you can choose which you think you would rather do.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am

I thought I'd give updates, because I have some:

The Heroes Alliance script is 61 pages long and has a forum page here. 4 pages left for artists to grab.

Karabear Comics has some artists for issues, and quite a few others written:
Karabear Comics Presents #1 - Lois Dahl
Karabear Comics Presents #2 - Alex Korbey
Karabear Comics Presents #3 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #4 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #5 - James Timothy
Karabear Comics Presents #6 - Michelle
The Almighty Protectors #1 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #7 - unassigned
Black Wraith #1 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #8 - unassigned
Wonder Super #1 - PowerLad
Karabear Comics Presents #9 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #10 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #11 - unassigned
The Almighty Protectors #2 - Livvy Petrarca
Karabear Comics Presents #12 - unassigned
Black Wraith #2 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #13 - unassigned
Elemental Four #1 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #14 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #15 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #16 - unassigned
The Almighty Protectors #3 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #17 - unassigned
Black Wraith #3 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #18 - unassigned
Defenders of America #1 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #19 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #20 - James Timothy
Karabear Comics Presents #21 - unassigned
The Almighty Protectors #4 - unassigned
Wonder Super #2 - ukiqio
Karabear Comics Presents #22 - unassigned
The Almighty Protectors #5 - unassigned
Black Wraith #4 - unassigned
Karabear Comics Presents #23 - unassigned
The Almighty Protectors #6 - unassigned
Elemental Four #2 - unassigned

And I'm working on Karabear Comics Presents #24, The Almighty Protectors #7 and Defenders of America #2. Yes, that's an overload of scripts, but I was on a roll. Things have been moving at a more managable pace in witing after Kaabear Comics Presents #20, but I would hope that artists who take on Wonder Super, Black Wraith, Elemental Four, and Defenders of America are willing to take the reigns completely on those stories, because those ones are not really my forte (though Wonder Super can be quite fun to write). I haven't asked PowerLad if he wants to both write and draw future issues of Wonder Super, though, because I think that would be imposing. Though I might ask if he wants to draw the second issue.

Other scripts I have done are for Karabear Comics Unlimited--the first three, to be exact. I'm also planning more Gold Comics and Heroes Alliance stuff, but I need to write more for the main Karabear first (and draw the pages I promised for my current Heroes Alliance story).
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:39 pm

I still need artists especially since one had to back out (she hurt her wrist on her drawing hand some time ago and it still hurts when she draws). So, anyone up for it? I really want to get things rolling, especially after a period of stagnation that set in as my life distracted me.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Things are still going slowly, but Karabear Comics Unlimited has started updating. I'm doing the art, but hopefully the story is good enough that my bad art is tolerated.

I still need artists--and I feel like I'm a broken record with this. Really, I wish I were a good enough artist, but the fact is that I have so many scripts that I can't do them all even if I were confident in my art.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Return to Other Comics & Cartoons