New 52- Titans Bunker and Danny

Moderator: Perihelion

New 52- Titans Bunker and Danny

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm

So, I've been reading more and more of the latest incarnations of the Teen Titans and, I've gotta say, I love these guys! I was a little worried about how they'd go about portraying Bunker, but in the end, he's kinda grown on me. I mean, the guy's smile is just infectious, and his sunny attitude is just the same, a real breath of fresh air amid all the seriousness and tense moments in the series.

Aside from Bunker, I can't believe they've brough back Danny the Street, and in such a big way too! Seriously, he's on one of DC's big name teams, and a lot of people don't even realize how important he is to the continuity of the overall DC Universe! I can't wait to see how they keep portraying these guys, and hope they keep them in step with their character.

So, what are your thoughts on this new turn of events guys?
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 am

I have yet to read any recent incarnations, but your'e giving me the urge to pick DC universe back up
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Do you mean the comics or the MMORPG? Either way is awesome, since I've found a couple of excellent titles from "the New 52" that I could recommend, and I have a character or three on DCUO :D.

Also, YAY! There's still people on the boards :)
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 am

Yes we still exist, it's all quiet on the western front

Disappointed with the end of the last Teen Titans fight...it was an unpleasant expectation
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 pm

You mean from Issue #5 where Superboy wiped the floor with them despite their best efforts? (If not, then I apologize for not being caught up, the bookstore by my house doesn't get all the new issues as fast as the comicshop a ways out)

I thought things could've gone better too, but I was pleasantly surprised who it was that turned the tide their for a moment before RR stepped in. Bunker once again proves that new characters aren't a bad thing. I find myself enjoying his presence more and more, every time I read it. Like I said, he's a real breath of fresh air here, especially given how grim the prospect of N.O.W.H.E.R.E.'s agenda is towards young metas.

On a side note, anyone else wondering why Beast Boy is red now? I mean, I get that they did that to signify that he has a strong connection to the Morphogenetic Field (i.e., "the Red") but it just seems kinda off to me for some reason, having grown up with the regular, green Beast Boy all these years.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Ravenheart » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm

DCUO doesn't like me much.
It lags out like no end, lol.
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I've noticed that a couple times too, most of them where on PVP servers though, and they lagged just long enough for some griefer to sneak up behind me and kill me while I was prowling around Gotham filling Scarecrow's guys full of arrows.

Totally a cheap shot if I ever saw one.

Still, that's only happened a couple of times. Other than that, DCUO's pretty cool. I've been having fun leveling up my lightning caster, "S0ULxP0W3R" (or however I had to ad hoc spell her name), but I haven't been on in a month or so, truth be told.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I haven't read much of the relaunch, and haven't read any of the Teen Titans. It annoys me that they can't just ave a Doom Patrol book--that would be awesome (and a better place to have Danny). One thing that turns me off is the awful costume redesigns, but also that now I truly et the feeling that reading DC will amount to nothing. If I invest time into following these characters, who's to say they won't be rebooted again and make all that time moot? Besides, I don't have the money or resources to go to the comic shop every week. I don't think I got there in time to et Teen Titans #1 anyways. The only bright spot to that book to me is that it's done by Scott Lobdell, who was great on Generation X and is one of the few writers who can easily do racial diversity and teen characters.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:58 pm

I enjoy teen titans but to be honest Superboy annoys me, I would like hime to be out of the title for oh...say another 60 issues...

I hope he gets his ass handed to him at some stage...pretty please
The Hellion
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Superboy's problem is the complete change in the character. When the clone version was introduced in the Reign of the Supermen storyline, he was a bratty, fun-loving show-off who nevertheless had his heart in the right place. I don't know when they made him emo, but it killed that characterization. It would have been better if they introduced a completely new character than that (or even just a new Superboy--it's not like they haven't had more than one of them).
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

I have to agree with you on that one. Back in the original universe, before New 52, Superboy was a fun character, he had real character development and was growing into his own hero, even if he was still kind of a showboat at times. This 180 they've given him in terms of character is really kind of a slap in the face to people who grew up reading Young Justice and Teen Titans.

Seriously, the new "Emo-Boy" acts like he'd belong in Gotham more than Metropolis or San Francisco with the Titans.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 am

Did anyone get to read the last issue of the Titans? I saw a bit of it at the comics shop the other day, and meant to get it, but seem to have forgotten in lieu of conversation over the movie they had playing (i.e. Justice League: Doom). From the looks of things though, it looks like Bunker's got a new friend :wink:. That hug between him and Skitter was just the cutest, most "D'awwww" inducing moment in the series thus far :D.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:43 am

Oh Bunkers really growing on me. He takes down a big bad allllll on his own.
Its great
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:44 pm

I know, right? And remember how he practically laid out Superboy in their first encounter? Pure genius :D! For being kinda new to the game, he sure knows how to make a first impression, both on the fanbase and on the bad guy's faces (lol :P).
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Superboy? A Super cannot be defeated by a mere mortal! NONSENSE!
That was a typo
A misprint!
Superboy is a Deus Ex Machina, he cannot be destroyed.
I'm so sad they decided to not use the original name he and superman were going to have
Gary Stu Ubermister
So fitting

Sigh...Superboy will have to be taken down by the Teen Titans to redeem this title...otherwise there is actually no point to them being a team since they are altogether worth LESS by a significant portion when compared to superboy.
The Hellion
Senior

Next

Return to Other Comics & Cartoons