My characters--The Broken and others

Moderator: The Hellion

My characters--The Broken and others

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Okay, I just got some awesome cover pencils from my artist for the upcoming chapter of The Broken and wanted to share it, as well as other art I have received. Therefore, this thread will be for that work. Just note that I will be trying to post the upcoming issue onto a place like Comic Genesis when it is finished.

The penciled cover:
Art by 2lazy2talk

Other images
Art by antoinette721

And I took that image and made a couple covers from it, with the author's blessing, so these are the covers to the first two parts of my story:
Image Image
Not the best cover-making work, but it does look pretty good, I think

Another cover (unassigned and unfinished, because I need to get my hands on it and put in a "The" and my comics logo--as well as the Pride Comics logo)
Art by JonZiVi

And non-cover related:
Image Image Image Image Image
Art by Forta-Verity-Amity, Dcreativ, deist21, whassup86, 2Unknown2Know, Chachamaru-san, and toniii, respectively

Hopefully more to come. What do people think? Are there those who are willing to speculate what the upcoming story is about? It's vanity, but it's nice to see people anticipating my upcoming story bits (there's a first time for everything).
Last edited by ShastaB24 on Sat May 15, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

They're all good Shasta, I especially love the covers though the other pictures are also very good :)

I must admit I'm not exactly good at guessing about the upcoming stories, but I'm pretty curious about it. Can't wait to see the story :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 pm

You know, I posted this and then saw the actual sizes of the pictures. Holy crap! There are some huge pictures in there. Does anybody know a way I can post them in a more managable size?
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:30 am

Instead of using Deviant Art as the Link in your 'img' code create a photobucket account and put the pictures in there. With that you'll be able to resize them as needed while leaving the originals on DA un-affected.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I received another piece of art the other day:
Art by Waiise

And the colored version of the 2lazy2talk cover was posted to DeviantART today:
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

I have updates on the upcoming story. First: My artist has withdrawn. She just doesn't have any time, and I understand. However, she sent what she had done, and I will utilize it, especially the first page, which was complete except for the color and lettering. I added color, but need to figure out how to letter with my limited resources. But this leads into my second update: both the cover and the non-lettered first page are on my DeviantART and I've provided them below.

ShastaB24
Freshman

Return to Fan Art & Vids