Siyo Pride High!

Get acquainted with your fellow Pride High fans.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Satyrgrin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Verdant wrote:Verdant or Tommy is fine :). Though if you see "Tommy" pop up in the RP threads, I'm not being referred to. It also happens to be the name for Animal Boy's primary character.

Regarding fan content, some people prefer to keep things as close to the actual comic as possible, while others take related situations in a very different direction. Both approaches are fine. The comic and board versions of Poseidon Prep are completely separate, albeit similar entities, so feel free to put your own spin on things. My only restriction is that content be PG-13.

How your character interacts with existing faculty and students is up to you. Just send a PM to the appropriate creator. Thunderfoot (Dr. Lillian Thunderfoot) might present some opportunities for Proudmoon's introduction given their nominally similar ethnic background but key differences in tribe, power origin, and how they relate to their birth communities.

Verdant,

I prefer to respect your intellectual property as well as know where I can move freely with my creative efforts. You have proven most helpful, thank you. I appreciate the heads up.
Satyrgrin
Prospective Student

Postby Satyrgrin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:24 pm

The Hellion wrote:Fan art is pretty open but the Fan Art section is really for characters from the comic, as Tommy stated. You can slip characters relating to the Pride High Universe in there but at the same time lets not forget to bring it back every once in a while

and do PM character creators relationships emerge very suddenly from interactions and even fics. In my own case:

Pele and Ulla (sisterly mentor bond and teammates)

Cam and Jorge (Verdant took Cam and stayed true to him which was really cool, because he respects each character)

PowerLad and a Villain (can be seen in A Boy to Remember in Aisle 3, he helped me grasp his character, gave me slang and was all around coooooool)

Lightspor and Thompson Ashton (Cam's Uncle, I asked him to jump in on a whim I had for an RP but with his character history and my character history Thompson went from born insane time travelling space hopper to tragic victim of his father's evil - I feel Mikey gave him a shot of life that made him much better)

So do interact and chat and RP and Fic and draw and see what comes of it. Because the results can really add more dimesnions to the world, so dive in and take advantage of what is this GREAT community

Hellion,

Thank you for the pointers. I look forward to jumping in to the writing. Right now I weigh Verdant's advice about Tsagani's animal command. I also consider having him and Thunderfoot meet.
"We are all leaves from the same tree no matter if we are green, yellow, red, or brown."

Satyrgrin
Satyrgrin
Prospective Student

Previous

Return to Member Introductions