Why Hello There~

Get acquainted with your fellow Pride High fans.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Why Hello There~

Postby Oe98 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Hello! I'm here now... :D :) :?

I suppose this is where I say stuffz about meh. I like to talk funneh, so when I doz the funneh talk, I'll write like thees. x] But for fanfiction, I would sooner erupt in flames than write like that... seriously, I like English. I can speak broken German, though! But it's kinda... =_=

"We wented into the buy-store near bread buying gone."

terrifying.

I love music though! xD Stuff like Mika, Lady Gaga, and Owl City. x]
I don't know, I just feel like saying that.~

I write poetry mostly, but I realize that there's practically no money to be made with it... which sorta sucks, but oh well... it keeps me sane.... I also have recently gotten into writing playwrights (or... "plays" if that other word means "one who writes scripts for live acting"), screenplays, and comics... :lol:

I need to sort out my stories and such =_=;;
And Pride High got me into making superheroes! xD So I was like... "I should join in on this" but it took me from the eighth 'til tonight to figure out that I didn't need that e-mail or whatnot.... It was definitely a facepalm moment... so I have, like, four or five nearly done. //HAPPYFACE//[/b]
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Welcome to the boards.

I have a BA in English, so I can understand wanting stories to have correct grammar.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Welcome to the boards
dive on in
we're lovely really

Ah poetry, i study it more than i write it these days, actually we've had one or two poem fics, try submitting some in maybe aisle's 2-4 if you ever feel so inclined.

Welcome and if you have any questions or whatever drop me a PM

Mika - yaaay!
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Yay! I felt too awkward being the second to reply, so I was all like, "Ignore! o_O"

But I do like the sound of writing an epic (or "long story poem") for one of my characters... but I need to edit him a bunch.... I just feel like I have to have a demon-possessed character.... I hope that's not a blasphemous idea~ >_>; After all, the demon might talk in prose! T^T

I forgot to mention La Roux! I don't know why, but I feel like the type of music or genre tells a lot about a person~ Though not very accurate =_=;;
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

New flesh and blod! I mean, new member! :D

Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay here, and don't worry we're not crazy or dangerous. Or at least not dangerous. But if you like crazies, I guess you'll like it in here ;)

It's good to see another writer/poet. I'll gladly wait to see what you write :)

And don't worry, I doubt it's a blasphemous idea using a demon-possessd character. I mean, there are a few others like that (and I myself have a demon character) and there doesn't seem to be a problem (that I know...).

P. S. Lady Gaga.... and here I thought I was the only fan in here. Oh well, good to see another one :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

YESSSS! A LaRoux fan! Finally!
I liked Quicksand, not a huge fan of going in for the kill but adored Bulletproof

Anyway - that goes in aisle 4 an epic poem on an original character, its a great idea i say go with it!

As for demon possessed, well I've been reading up on my demons if you need a hand with lineage to explain powers or anything

just remember to figure out what type of character you want and not to make him a gary stu or mary sue and we are allllll happy lol
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

The Hellion wrote:I liked Quicksand, not a huge fan of going in for the kill but adored Bulletproof

Yay! I agree. (I love Bulletproof (Tepr TsunAimee Remix)!)

The hellion wrote:Anyway - that goes in aisle 4 an epic poem on an original character, its a great idea i say go with it!

Yeah, I have been lurking-making. ^__^

The hellion wrote:As for demon possessed, well I've been reading up on my demons if you need a hand with lineage to explain powers or anything

I would love help! I have the demons made already (fictional, like how GALACTUS, DESTROYER OF WORLDS is fictional...), but if there are demons that fit the characters, then I would love to touch them up! xD
~~ there is not a single pun in this post... anyone who thinks otherwise is losing their mind(s)... ~~

The Hellion wrote:just remember to figure out what type of character you want and not to make him a gary stu or mary sue and we are allllll happy lol

These "Mary Sue" concepts confuse me... and I do not wish to be attacked in the dead of night.... I wish to know more, as I thought I knew what a "Mary Sue" character was, but you guys' connotations confound me.
Currently Studying:
The Elder Futhark (alphabetically; on Naudhiz)
Playwriting

Currently Working On:
Call It in the Air (stage play; notes)
Unpredicted Futures (novel; Part One)
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby The Hellion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Well basically dont be brilliant at everything, dont expect every character to like you, dont always try and be the martyr and dont have them wallow...oh and dont have a power for every occasion.

Thats what a Mary Sue is

Well PM me their powers and ill see what i can remember it may help
we have some sort of hierarchy of hell going and have inadvertantly established a continuity of demon and hell plane geography
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:New flesh and blod! I mean, new member! :D

Yay! I didn't see this one when I posted my last one... xD
I've been listening to Wicked: The New Musical, so I've been paranoid about "Goodness" stuff... T^T

Prince Blanche wrote:Welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay here, and don't worry we're not crazy or dangerous. Or at least not dangerous. But if you like crazies, I guess you'll like it in here ;)

I'm a bit insane myself. (I was beginning to get scared, as the pattern of other introduction post's responses were usually that same day, it seemed.) I've been told I believe in Kingdom Hearts... which confused the living daylights out of me, as I thought I'd be the fist to know.~

Prince Blanche wrote:It's good to see another writer/poet. I'll gladly wait to see what you write :)

Yay!

Prince Blanche wrote:And don't worry, I doubt it's a blasphemous idea using a demon-possessd character. I mean, there are a few others like that (and I myself have a demon character) and there doesn't seem to be a problem (that I know...).

Yay! I was a bit worried about that (and a bit reluctant to go through the RP and anfic stuff without posting my own character...)
Currently Studying:
Playwriting

Currently Working On:
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Ah I imagined you didn't notice, but don't worry :)

Well, we're all a little crazy it seems. It makes life interesting, doesn't it?

Like Hellion, if you need help with the demonic characters, I can help you if you'd like (I'm not an expert, but demonology is among the bits of random trivia I remember best).
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 pm

The Hellion wrote:Well basically dont be brilliant at everything,

Noted. I'm relatively paranoid about this....

The Hellion wrote:dont have them wallow...oh and dont have a power for every occasion.

The wallowing... that means angstness? Or like, all out //DEPRESSEDSADFACE//?

The Hellion wrote:Thats what a Mary Sue is

Thank you!

The hellion wrote:Well PM me their powers and ill see what i can remember

The demons' powers? =_= It'll be ready by the end of the week? (I made these characters yesterday, after an epiphany moment)

The Hellion wrote:we have some sort of hierarchy of hell going and have inadvertantly established a continuity of demon and hell plane geography

I love Dante's Inferno!

Oh, wait... uh... >_> *cough*
Well, it looks like they have their own... thingy~ But of course I'm willing to change stuff if need be.
Currently Studying:
Playwriting

Currently Working On:
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:Like Hellion, if you need help with the demonic characters, I can help you if you'd like (I'm not an expert, but demonology is among the bits of random trivia I remember best).

Thanks! I'll send you a PM after (or before) I send it to Hellion.
Currently Studying:
Playwriting

Currently Working On:
Oe98
Prospective Student

Postby Animal boy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Welcome :D
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Oe98 wrote:Thanks! I'll send you a PM after (or before) I send it to Hellion.

Ok, I'll be waiting for the PM then :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Oe98 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Prince Blanche wrote:Ok, I'll be waiting for the PM then :)

I would like to note that I have not done much for the demons themselves compared to the characters =_=;

xD
Currently Studying:
Playwriting

Currently Working On:
Oe98
Prospective Student

Next

Return to Member Introductions