A Handy List of Etiquette

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:45 pm

I know, I'm just doing my best not to screw up is all (lol :P).

Another question, when posting a new scene for an RP, do you have to send a PM to someone ahead of time to ask/let them know you're doing so? Like I said before, I've never done a forum-style RP before, so this is all new to me. I've done LARP once, and that's the extent of my RP experience.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:02 pm

It's not really necessary or obligatory to do so, but it's always recommended to PM the RP creator if you have doubts about if the scene you're going to post fits well with the vision he or she has for the RP, and/or to other participants in order to ask for pointers as to how to elaborate a certain scene, specially if it contains actions or reactions in regard to other participant's characters/scenes.

So in short, it's not necessary, but you can do so if you feel it would be better, at least until you get the hang of it :)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Makes sense to me, thanks again. I'll definitely put this info to use when I start RPing, which will hopefully be pretty soon :D.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Ok ^^ I hope you enjoy the experience, and well, just remember to have fun with the RPing ^^
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Will do :). By the way, I just posted my characters in the student registry, if you were interested that is.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Previous

Return to RP Corner