The Transgender Group

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Travis’ eyes snap to Roberto then flash round the rest of the room.

Well this should be interesting.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 am

The tension subsided for a moment when a sharp series of knocks resounded against the door, in a rhythm easily recognizeable as the "Shave and a Haircut, Two Bits" couplet from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Immediately after that, the door opened slightly and Riley stuck his head in the room, a curious expression on his face.

"Sorry, are we late?" The Irish boy grinned sheepishly at that, massaging the back of his neck with his free hand, slightly ruffling his blonde locks.

Behind him, Jennifer stood quietly, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet in nervous excitement, hands clasped behind her back demurely. She'd never really been to a meeting like this before, and wasn't sure what to expect.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Ravenheart » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 am

*At Roberto's comment Cyan fixed her jaw shut, grinding her teeth slightly. As the door opened Cyan would turn and smile* "Your not that late we've only just finished introductions. I'm Cyan Nighbloom though I'm better known as Mystica aroynd here"
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm

"Ah! A fellow practicioner of "the 'craft!"" Riley exclaimed in amused surprise as he entered the room, shillelagh in hand as he offered Cyan his opposite in friendship. "Glad to know ya, Lass. The name's O'Connell. Riley O'Connell. But, I also go by "The Borrower," for obvious reasons." He gave one of his elfin ears a quick tug at this, still grinning.

Jennifer followed behind him quietly, a bit embarrassed at her own shyness. She usually wasn't this mousy, but she still had trouble meeting new people.

"I'm Jennifer Daniels," she said softly, twirling an interwoven lock of emerald and black hair around a webbed fingertip absentminededly. "My codename's La Rana. It means "The Frog" in Spanish."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:09 pm

"Uh, hi, Riley and Jennifer," Amber said. "Nice to meet you." I really can't lead this group, she thought.

"You'll be fine," George said.

And I really can't get used to you being nice to me, she thought.

"Maybe I'm just letting your guard down so I can sneak out and get a tattoo wthout you noticing."

Not funny. "Uh, how about this," Amber spoke again, "We could talk about our families, and whether we're out to them and, um, what they think of it."

"Good topic," George said.

Quiet! I can't think. "I'll go first. My parents know. My dad, he... he wasn't very happy about it at first."

"To say the least."

"But I think he's getting better. Since, y'know, some people helped him really see where he was being..."

"A dick?"

"Hurtful. My mom... I think she's okay? I don't know. I think they're still weird about it. I... lost my brother when I was little... and they might be a little overprotective."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:17 pm

"Well, I suppose it's only fair we go next, us bein' late and all," Riley reasoned soundly with a shrug as he sat down with the others, hands propped up on the pommel of his shillelagh. "I'm a "Non-Op," I guess you'd call it. But, even if I was trans, I'm sure my folks wouldn't be too shook up about it."

Jennifer sat down quietly, fidgeting a bit nervously at the topic at hand. This was a big step for her, and something pretty touchy too. Still, having a friend like Riley there made it a bit easier.

"My parents and my little sister, Angela, know," she admitted, eyes fixated on her bare, webbed feet in slight discomfort. "Kinda hard not to when my powers and appearance sorta stem from my treatments and Dr. Takashi's formula. Angela doesn't seem to mind, but mom and dad..." She paused a moment before continuing, "They're a different story."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Ravenheart » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 pm

"Not quiet *returning O'connell's smile and offer of friendship* I'm an elementalist by trade. Pleased to meet you both" *Cyan would lightly rest a hand on Jennifer's shoulder* "Your among friend's here"

*Leaning against the wall Cyan would turn towards Amber and offer her a reassuring smile* "Your doing fine darling keep it going"

*Addressing the questions at hand Cyan would shrug* "Hermaphrodite, intersexed. I was born that way. My parents where less then understanding especially when it got into dating *chuckling lightly* but after they made me pick if I wanted to be a boy or girl and I refused they came to terms with it I suppose"
Cyan/Mystica (No squad)- "My magic might be black but my heart is pure"

Nora/Cytech (No squad)- "I don't play around, I fight to win" [subject to change,lol]
Ravenheart
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 am

Travis gives a polite smile.

"Travis. Welcome to the little slice of chaos we call Poseidon Prep."

Leaning over he offers Riley his hand to shake.

"My upbringing was far from standard. We are raised without direct ties like mother or father and follow a Goddess who's core tenant's include independence. I suppose the failing would be a lack of sympathy."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 am

*Riley would shrug slightly at Cyan's admittance as he shook her hand.* "Eh, easy mistake to make. Magic usually requires at least some connection with nature to make it happen, and elementals have that in Spades, lass."

*Jennifer would smile warmly at Cyan's gesture of friendship.* "Thanks."

Riley returned Travis' handshake with his usual impish grin flashing all the while, as did Jennifer, having finally started come out of her shell. "Good ta know ya, friend. Its been pretty chaotic thus far, but we've been getting used to it."

Jennifer nodded in agreement. "Yeah, this is way different from back home, but its kinda fun too."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 pm

Travis idly rubs his fingers of the palm of the hand Riley shook. The faint tingle of energy that marks someone touched by the mystic.

Interesting. Not the arcane. Marked by the divine?

He waits calmly for the discussion to move on.
candyman1989
Junior

Previous

Return to RP Corner