The Klaakith-Wistil War (open to anybody)

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

The Klaakith-Wistil War (open to anybody)

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:34 am

This takes place during Developing a Sense of Self Part 3. Do not use your regular board characters, as they are too young. All these characters have faced the Wistils before in their previous attempt at invading Earth. Those assured to be in the fight are:

Dragrant--Grant Croche (Vince's brother), dragon powers
The Merry Maiden--Power Girl as a cheerleader, Grant's girlfriend
Just Plum Awesome--frat boy with cosmic powers that take on a purple hue (calls it "plum" due to homophobia)

I'm taking the first two and would like to see somebody use Just Plum Awesome. However, don't be afraid to make your own characters for this.

"Sound vortex steady," the Klaakith engineer stated. "They will only get visuals in their entertainment transmissions for the time being."

"Let's go," the commander stated, and the shuttle doors opened. The Klaakith got out and strode to their target--codename: Merry Maiden. "Come, we haven't much time. Wistils are on the move," he told her, making sure even the closest cheerleaders couldn't hear him.

The Merry Maiden nodded her head. "Lead the way," she said.

Grant paced back and forth on the deck of the carrier. Space was not his thing. He didn't even get to tell his family about it. "Absolute secrecy," the commander had told him. "If the Wistils know we're gathering an army to oppose their invasion, we will lose our advantage."

So no message could be given to his family. The Wistils were blind, but very keen towards the other senses, especially sound. And people would talk about this on the news. There was a hiss of pressurized air and Grant looked to the airlock as he saw the Merry Maiden enter. "Mia," he breathed, embracing her. "Looks like we may never go on that date."

Mia smiled. "Who knows? It could be romantic. Smash some aliens, go out to dinner later. Shouldn't take too long."

"Yeah," Grant replied, still unable to get the image out of his mind of the last time, where she lay on the ground unconscious as a Wistil was sapping her power from her. If he'd gotten there another second later, they might never have had the chance to get to know each other.

Just then another airlock opened and someone else came into the ship.
Last edited by ShastaB24 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 pm

"Flying through space isn't natural." Xander said. He took off his helmet and brushed his wild blue hair. "Hey there."

A smaller boy with beautiful, soft amber eyes walked in behind and took off his helmet, which seemed WAY too big for his head.

"Hi." He said.
Last edited by Safeguard on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Note: Vince isn't in this, but his brother Grant is. I'm changing my typo as soon as I'm done with this post.

Grant nodded to Xander. "It's so true, man. Good to see you again."

Mia looked at the smaller one. "Hey... what was your name again?"
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Michael just waved shyly and Mia and Grant.

"Michael." He said smiling bashfully at Mia. "What's going on here??"
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:53 pm

A man runs into the airlock looking around franticaly for something. He is wearing a soldiers uniform but it has been modified extensively. The armor upgraded, a custom helmet, a huge amount of storage space, and it shines in a weird way.

Looking up from the ground the man jumps at the sight of the other people in the room, "So sorry, but has anyone seen an arachnoid robot about this big?"

He shapes his gloved hands to show a object about the size of a tape measure.

"Because if you have, I would be in debt to you if you could bring me to it."
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 pm

"This helmet is so annoying..." said a girl as she took off her helmet, revealing her dark skin, almond-shaped violet eyes, and long black hair streaked with (obviously dyed) violet highlights. In her hands was a black and purple notebook, with the initials "OL" on it. She walked up to the others but didn't seem to notice them before "Oh... hello guys"

"Ofelia, don't go so fast!" responded a boy who was obviously of her age, but was tall (at the very least, taller than the others) and big, rather muscular. He had messy, strawberry blond hair and dark blue eyes, and was pouting at the girl.

"Great, he's here..." the girl, Ofelia, said as she turned to face the young man. "Hello, Desiderio..." she added then.
Last edited by Prince Blanche on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm

"Man, I haven't seen some of you for a while," Grant said. Some he'd battled alongside since the Wistils invaded Earth, but others he'd never crossed paths with since. Everyone had grown up a bit since then, and he was glad that he had, since he was in high school at the time. He wondered what would have happened if he hadn't been going through Texas to get to spring break in Florida.

He broke down in his mind what he'd learned about the Wistils from that encounter. They were a race who genetically engineered their soldiers to conquer. In the command ships were the brains, the strategists. They hung back and sent out telepathic communications to the soldiers. These soldiers consisted of pods, drones and sappers. Pods were bulbous creatures that could survive the vacuum of space. They could explode at will and were used as both forward siege units and defensive fortifications from the command ship. Drones were the normal soldiers, humanoid creatures with high marksmanship abilities and extensive hand-to-hand combat training. Sappers were the stealth units, shadowy creatures that would extend thin tendrils from their hands which could sap someone of their powers and their life.

He had been lucky last time. Others with far better power were able to get the upper hand. Those that did make it to the command ship, however, took it down with their lives.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 pm

"We have not seen your arachnoid sir...I'm sorry." Michael said, unsure what an arachnoid actually was.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Kagekaze » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 pm

"Great, now I have to build a new one from scratch. I hate it when they run off on their own... Oh I'm sorry, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Jacob Hyer, nice to meet you all."
Kagekaze
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:20 pm

"It's good to see you too, Grant" Desiderio said to him.

"Yeah, maybe once this is over we can have a less... distressful reunion" Ofelia added.

"You, going to a reunion, and it not being looking for booze? I never thought you'd even think of doing that!" responded a voice apparently coming from her notebook, to which Ofelia reacted by punching the book repeatedly, earning expressions of pain from the book.

"Shut up, Maefistus, they don't need to know that..." Ofelia said, not noticing if the others were looking weird at her. She then looked at Jacoib and said "I can try to find your aracnoid for you, but I'm not sure if it would work here..." she added then. Another sound came from her book, but before it could say anything else, she punched it again.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Grant looked confusedly at Ofelia. It was like watching Vince, but actually being able to hear the voices as well. He should be used to it, with all he'd seen, but he wasn't. He shook it off and looked to the group.

"We need to discuss strategy," he quipped. "What are some ideas?"

Mia smiled. That take-charge attitude is what convinced her to decide to go out with him.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:26 pm

"Well what are we up against first Grant?" Xander asked taking a small golden object out of his coat pocket and elongating it. It took the shape of a spear with a rounded tip at one end and two curved "tails" at the other.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Grant looked at the computer bank at the other side of the room. "The information is there," he pointed. "It seems that they have taken a country about the size of Rhode Island." He walked over to the computer and looked at the information. "Anybody here good at techno-geekery?" he asked after a pause, realizing that much of the information on the screen went right over his head.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Feel free to put through your own attributes of what the Wistil forces and Klaakith defenses are like--where the Wistils are located exactly, where the Klaakith were most successful, other info.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 pm

"Sorry no...can't even program a food replicator for cereal." Xander said.

"Uh I think I can do it." Michael said sitting near the computer. "What do you need Grant?"
Safeguard
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner