The Klaakith-Wistil War (open to anybody)

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:11 pm

"No problem" Ofelia said as she tried to stand on her own, still feeling a bit disoriented. Once she seemed able to be by herself, Desiderio flew alongside Grant to charge against more of the Wistils, noticing how Mia seemed to be punching at anything that moved.

Ofelia let out a small sigh as she finally got back to her senses, just about at the same time she heard Awesome talking to her. She turned to see him smiling, and with a smile of her own (which despite her attempt to be warm and friendly looked a bit more sardonic or predatorial) she said: "Ah, that's a face anda body that I've been missing. Hello there, overmuscled cosmic stud. Long time no see."
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Grant saw Desiderio flying along. "Hey," he said, turning to face him and taking the opportunity to bash some Drones with his tail at the same time.

Mia moved almost blindly. Punching felt good. But when she came to the edge of a ditch, she stopped. Down in the ditch were multiple pulsating pupae. "Ew," she said, crinkling her nose. They looked like they came from some sci-fi movie. What types of Wistils were being gestated here?

Awesome blasted another Drone. "Got any way to take down the tough and dumb ones?" he asked.

Tatya and the Klaakith troupe trekked across the landscape. "Проклятье. Did he go up that mountain?" she asked, pointing at a giant peak in the distance.

The commander looked where she pointed. "Assumably. It be easiest to see point vantage from."

Tatya sighed. "Он смог пойти везде, увидено что-нибыдь. Come on. It is probably the best option."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:20 pm

"Oh, hey. Good to see that spell did work..." Desiderio said to Grant with a smile, only changing his expression the same time he noticed a Drone coming from behind him, and proceeded to blast it with a fireball. He hoped not to surprised Grant too much though.

"Oh I've been reserving a spell for that, and I'm good enough to pull it of I believe, although, it does take a lot of energy" Ofelia said as she started writing in her book. A Drone ran in her direction, but before it could reach she kicked back at it, stabbing it with her sharp heels, before sending it backwards with another quick. "I might need less distractions coming from these things, though" she added as she went back to writing.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 pm

"Yeah, thanks man," Grant said, smiling.

Mia inspected the pupae. She'd never seen any before. When the Wistils had gone to Earth, they were stopped in the initial invasion process. She suddenly thought of those sci-fi movies Grant liked to watch--where the aliens hatch all around the person. She shuddered at the thought. Still, she was curious, so she punched one of the pupae.

"I can make sure there aren't any distractions," Awesome said, smiling. He concentrated, sending out a circular wall of energy around the two of them.

"То дебил. Я убью его когда я найду он," Tatya huffed. She was determined to climb the mountain and see what Awesome had been keen to pursue. Considering she figured she had to do this quickly, she was none too fond of the treacherous aspects of the ascent. She looked down and saw Klaakiths still near the foot, while she was about a quarter of the way up, scaling a vertical ascent. "Медленно. Никудышно," she quipped to herself, and continued on her task.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:29 am

"No problem" Desiderio smiled back at him. "By the way, have you seen Mia?" he added, noticing she didn't seem to be with anyone else in the group.

"That'll help" Ofelia said as she wrote as fast as she could. Her songs/spells required time not only to think them up, but to "get in character"; and the ones that required the more power usually took more time for the latter. "Almost done, just wait a little... there" she said as she finished writing. "Alright, spell is ready, direct me to the targets..." Ofelia said as her eyes started glowing in purple.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Grant looked around. "Mia?" he asked. How could he have forgotten about her?

Mia took her hand out of the hole, grimacing at the goopy substance now covering it. She cracked open the pupae and cried out as a small hand grabbed her face. She grabbed the arm and was surprised at how easily she could take the hand off her face. Not a Sapper, she thought. The creature inside fell towards her and slumped against her body. She stepped back, letting it fall to the ground. There it lay, shivering. It looked like a Drone, but like a teenager.

"You mean me?" Awesome asked Ofelia.

Tatya huffed. This climb was difficult, grueling. She didn't look down, knowing the Klaakith soldiers were hopelessly too far down. She pushed a button on her boot and activated the rockets again. Couldn't use too much, for she didn't know when she would get more fuel. It was only for short bursts, to get past the more treacherous areas. That, and her grappling hook. She grabbed the rock abover her and shut off her boots. Peering over the edge, she saw something, a hint of movement across a plain. She grabbed her binoculars and saw that some Wistils were grouped that way. "Окончательно," she breathed, and swung her momentum in that direction, catching her feet on a nearby ledge. Not waiting to tell the Klaakith soldiers, she took off, sprinting and leaping down the mountain and in the direction of the Wistils.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:17 pm

"Ermh..." Desiderio mumbled as he looked around along with Grant, noticing Mia seemed to be looking at something in the floor. "Over there" he pointed then at her to show Grant.

"Maybe, though that only applies if you want the magical equivalent of a MOAB be dropped on you. Well I am exaggerating a lot, but still, it's powerful" Ofelia said with a smile. "The spell to take down the dumb and tough ones is ready, but I just need to be sure where they are, and while I'm like this I can't trust my own vision all that much... and I mean, a little extra precaution never killed anybody" she added then.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm

"Thanks," Grant said and bounded up to Mia. He shifted to half-human form as he approached her. "Hey," he said. She jumped, shocked at his sudden arrival, but eased back down when she saw him. He put his hand on her shoulder. "You okay?"

"Mhm," Mia said, still looking at the Drone.

"Uh, okay," Grant said, seeing the Drone for the first time. It was still lying there, shivering, looking quite confused. "What is--is that--?" Grant started, not quite understanding.

Mia looked at the field of coccoons that lay out there. "I think they're hatching them," she said.

"Just Drones, or others, too?" Grant asked, looking out at the field, seeing that they were different sizes and hues, as if there was a variety of types of Wistils incubating.

"I can point them out to you," Awesome said. He looked out and saw... purple. His force field was a little too opaque, it seemed, so he flew a little higher and saw the other Tanker. It had begun running and was coming on a collision course with the force field. "There's just one," Awesome said, returning to where he'd been. Two o'clock, coming right at us."

"Проклятый боеприпасы. Потребность перезарядить," Tatya mumbled to herself, looking again at her empty gauntlet. She could take out some Wistils from long range while on the run over. Only a mile to go, but she wanted to take at least some out before she got into the thick of things. Sighing, she pulled out her knife. It was going to be close range kills, then.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:50 pm

"Guys, what are you looking at?" Desiderio said as he ran towards them, then noticing the Drone shivering, lying on the ground. He couldn't help but seeming quite... disturbed. Although he seemed to get what it was. He then noticed the field of coccoons that the others were staring at, and now couldn't stop himself from letting out a small "Eeep... it seems things won't be that easy... will they?"

"Thank you" Ofelia said, planting a small kiss on Awesome's cheek. "That's for good luck. Now... let us start with the spell"

As the Tanker was approaching them quickly, Ofelia faced the direction Awesome told her and, with a grin forming in her face, started singing: "Take off your skin and dance with me/Cut off your tongue and sing for me/Burn out your eyes in effigy, baby/Scream out your heart in agony!"

As the girl sang, the Wistil's body became enveloped in a soft purple light, which only became brighter as it got closer to them. Just before it impacted against the force field, though, it stopped and its body started to experience what Ofelia sang about, from being torn appart to being incinerated. The Tanker (or what remained of it) fell to the floor, still moving in part.

"Oh that wasn't enough? Oh well... I have still enough energy for another spell, even if it has to be a short one" Ofelia said as she passed the pages of her book, and upon finding the spell she was looking for, smirked. "Wait for me in Hell/Wait for me, I'll see you in Hell"

As she finished the second spell, the Tanker was enveloped again in the purple light, but now just disappeared without leaving trace.

"That should take full care of it" Ofelia said, starting to feel dizy. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...... I'm spent" She at least hoped to fall to the floor in an elegant, dignified manner. Unfortunately, she just fell face-first to the ground, letting out a loud *thud* and a groan of pain.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Mia looked to Desiderio. "Any idea when they're supposed to hatch?"

Just then tendrils extended from in front of another coccoon and latched onto all three, the Sapper who owned them shimmering into view, and there were footsteps all around as several more Sappers ran up and surrounded them, joined by a few Drones.

"Hey, you okay?" Awesome asked, moving too slowly to catch Ofelia.

"Проклятье вы, пурпуровый человек," Tatya huffed. The encampment was still quite a distance away. But she could now she some details of the encampment and realized just the significance. "Дерьмо!" she cried. It was going to be much harder than they thought, she expected.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Desiderio was about to respond "No idea", just before the tendrils latched onto him and the others. He tried to fight them off, but couldn't, specially as he started feeling how the sappers were taking what energy and power he had.

"I'll be fine... I think. It just took a little to much energy, but it'll replenish eventually" Ofelia said as she got up and dusted herself off. "That's the joy of making a pact with a pseudo-demonic creature, you don't have to look for more energy sources"

"You're giving me too much credit"

"Anyway, now that this problem is solved, where are the others?"

"Well, I would now, but you know the locating spell went off when you started using the more consuming ones" the book responded.

"True, true..." Ofelia said, then just turning around to see. She noticed they were in the ground, but couldn't directly notice the tendrils. "Hey, I found them... what are they doing?" she asked. Just then she noticed the tendrils and the fact that they were spasming. "Oh. Something wicked this way comes, it seems..."
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

"Hey!" Awesome called, and shot out to attack the Sappers. If someone shouted a word of warning, he didn't hear it. Tendrils flew out and he put out his arm. They attached and he felt woozy. "What?" he asked as he started to fall. He hadn't ever been attacked by a Sapper before. The Sapper before him began to glow purple with the power it drained from Awesome.

Tatya slashed through some drones on her way to Ofelia, who used to be surrounded by a wall of purple energy, but it had suddenly dropped and she saw Awesome fly charging away. "Íå, âû èäèîò!" she called, seeing the Sappers when she turned her head to see where he had gone. "Îíè ïîëó÷àò âàøó ñèëó!" She saw Ofelia. "You must stop them from draining his power!" she called, running to her side.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Ofelia looked at how Awesome was attacked by the Sapper, that started to drain his power as was also happening to the other three. She couldn't help but to facepalm. "Never send a man to do a woman's job..." the witch said, before starting to write.

After hearing Tatyana's words, turning towards her without taking her sight off what she was writing, she said "I'm on it sweetie, just let me finish my spell. I suppose cutting down the tendrils should work... not that I have uch energy to do something bigger yet" she said.

Looking at the Sappers and walking to get a bit closer to them, she then started to sing. "I want my innocence back/And if you can't give it to me/I will cut you down/And I will run you through/With the dagger you sharpened/On my body and soul/Before you slit me in two/And then devoured me whole" As the witch sang, she moved her left arm around, and once she finished, the tendrils of the Sappera seemingly fell down or rather, were cut off, a purple light of the same hue that denoted Ofelia's spells (or perhaps, Awesome's energy) still glowing in them. "And now, to finish off... Put your ass in the air/Put your ass up in the air/Put your ass in the air/Move around like you don't care!"

As the witch sang (and danced) this time, the Sappers glowed again in purple light, just to be thrown up in the air, away from the four heroes they had been draining. "That took more than I expected... anyway, shall we go rescue those distressed damsels now? Or is there anything else more to be done?" Ofelia asked to Tatyana.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm

"It is not so simple anymore," Tatya said, indicating the Sapper who had been latched to Awesome, who still glowed and had already sprung back up. "That one is now linked to his power source."
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 pm

"Oh.... I assume this will cost more than just chopping around it with a metaphysical chainsaw, won't it?" Ofelia asked Tatyana. "Let me see if I can think of a spell that might help although.... I've burned out much of my power by now, so I don't know how effective it will be. So pray that either it works or that my pseudo-demonic lord can send me a boost quickly" she added as she passed the pages of her book, looking for pages she hadn't filled entirely.
Prince Blanche
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner