The Klaakith-Wistil War (open to anybody)

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Awesome pushed himself up. He was exhausted, but he saw the purple Sapper and fired at it. The blast was weak, but it still surprised Awesome that it had no effect.

Grant groaned and felt for Mia's hand. He looked over at her, to find her cowering and quivering. He dragged himself over to her to comfort her.

"Спешность!" Tatya shouted to Ofelia as she chopped through an approaching tendril with her knife. She looked sadly at her gauntlet. "Если только я имел боеприпасы в этих вещах."
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:18 am

"Spell... almost... ready..." Ofelia said as she wrote as fast as she could, hoping she had enough power to use the spell. It would be quite demanding after all, but they had no other option. "Ok deary, I finished... and what did you just say?" she added at Tatyana, not understanding her russian.

Meanwhile, Desiderio was barely able to get up, and would probably fall to his face again if he didn't focus. He tried to conjure up some flames to throw against the Sapper, but aside from some heat and a small flame, it wasn't enough to attack yet...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:41 pm

"Hurry!" Tatya translated, and reiterated. She felt she didn't need to translate her pining about the fact that her gauntlet was empty. More Sapper tendrils kept coming, and she knew that they knew the two were up to something. Tatya dodged a purple blast as she hacked at another tendril.

Grant tried to transform into full dragon mode, but it was a struggle. He was getting stronger, and was thankful for the brevity of the time the Sapper had been attached, and was able to get three fourths of the way, but still felt sluggish. Still, he lashed out. They'd hurt his girlfriend, and he wanted them to pay. His mouth breathed warm flames as he charged directly at the purple Sapper.

Awesome tried blasting the purple one again, and wondered why it didn't attack him. It was as if his power had no effect and he was no longer considered a threat.

The small Drone crawled its way to Mia, looking more confused than menacing. It seemed to be seeking solidarity above all else, another that felt overwhelmed by everything. Mia, meanwhile, just had her eyes closed, wishing it was all over.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:43 pm

"As you wish...." Ofelia said and then, taking a deep breath, got reading to sing. "And I demand/You put my heart back in my hand/And wipe it clean/From the mess you've made of me/And I require/You make me free from this desire/And when you leave/I better be the innocent I used to be..."

As Ofelia sang, the Sapper that had latched to Awesome stopped moving momentarily. The spell seemed to start affecting it, as the glow on its body started to become fainter; conversely, it seemed Awesome started regaining more power as the spell affected the creature. But the Sapper started struggling in its position, and as it did, the glow became brighter around its body.

"It's fighting the spell. That must be some force it gained... I recommend you to go full strength now" her book said.

"Fine, fine..." Ofelia said. She started singing the spell once again, but now, right after finishing, she started singing one repetitive line, the last part of that spell, but instead of doing it with a clear voice, it was with a deep, guttural, horrible growl or scream: "I want my innocence back!"

Letting out more and more of those growls, repeating the same line, the spell she used had more effect on the Sapper, and it drained it more and more as she kept singing

Desiderio recovered more of his strength now, enough to sent a small fireball against one of the Sappers. It wasn't as strong as he wanted, but enough to at least hurt it... or at least he hoped so.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Grant slammed into the purple Sapper. Tatya saw this and saw her chance. "I can kill it, but it needs to be distracted," she said to Ofelia. It was weak and engaged with Grant, so this could work. She tightened her grip on her knife and dashed off and around the Wistil to attack from the back.

Awesome felt more powerful, almost at full strength, and fired another blast at the Sapper. Still nothing, and he almost hit Grant before realizing that he could have endangered him.

Grant, meanwhile, was too enraged to know what was going on. He snapped at the Sapper, hoping to bite off something vital.

The young Drone lay down next to Mia and began making noises. Whether they were an actual language or random noises, Mia didn't know, but she opened her eyes and jumped back at first. But there was something friendly, inquiring about the Wistil's demeanor.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 am

"Distraction? Let me see if I have something in my repertoire..." Ofelia said as she passed the pages of her book. While Grant provided quite a good distraction, she just would try to help in cas of anything.

Desiderio stopped his attacks once he saw Tatya and Grant too close to the Sapper for him to attack. Regaining quite a lot of his strength by now, he didn't know what to do, and merely looked around, seeing Ofelia standing in one side as she looked for something in her book, and then to Mia, noticing also the Drone that lay next to her. He frankly didn't know what it meant, but readied himself in any case to protect any of the two...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Awesome whipped around and fired at some Sappers that were getting up--but not all of them seemed able to recover from Ofelia's attack.

Tatya darted around behind the purple Sapper and plunged her knife in. It lurched and screamed in pain, whipping around to try and attack Tatya, Grant still latched on. Tatya hopped back and watched it stumble trying to get to her, lying dead on top of Grant, who struggled out from underneath it. Tatya darted back towards the Sapper and plucked the knife from its back, running further into the fray, wishing she still had ammo in her gauntlets. "Íàì íóæíî ðàçðóøèòü êîêîíû!" she called, forgetting, again, that nobody there spoke Russian.

Mia put her hand on the Drone's shoulder, hoping to comfort it. Weren't these things always being controlled psychically by the command ships? The Drone jumped a little at her touch, but didn't shake away. Maybe there was a defect with this one. Or it was still too young...
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

"Note to myself: create a translator spell or something" Ofelia said as she heard Tatya shout at them in russian, with no idea qwhat the other girl could be meaning to say. She looked at one of the few Sappers that still were able to get up, that was specifically trying to reach her now.

Just as the Sapper was getting close to the witch, Deisderio noticed and started running towards it, managing to throw himself against the creature and push it away from her before firing a fireball against it.

"Nice timing" Ofelia noted.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Tatya realized her error. "Destroy the coccoons!" she yelled, slashing through a Sapper. She knew that if she didn't have any shots in her gauntlet, she would have to rely on the others to actually be able to destroy the things, since the shells were far too tough for her to break through.

Grant heard and whipped around, bathing the nearest one in fire. He'd temporarily forgotten why he had gone into a rage, and was focused on the task at hand.

Awesome shot another Sapper and then shot a coccoon. He watched it desintigrate, as the immature Tanker inside fell, wounded. He shot it again, glad that at this stage they were much easier to take down.

Mia looked and saw the destruction and looked back to the Drone. She stood up, shaky from emotional baggage, and picked up the Wistil, lifting off the ground. This area wasn't safe for it. She had to get it out of there.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:33 am

Hearing Tatya's words, Deisderio went towards the coccoons and took a deep breath. It resulted rather difficult to keep up battling and fighting when he fundamentally disliked fights, and would prefer if there was another way. Just as he was about to start attacking, though, he looked around to see if the others were doing the same, and noticed Mia carrying the Wistil away in her arms. "Mia?" he said though rather weakly, not understanding at the time what she was doing.

Meanwhile, Ofelia leaned towards Desiderio and took him by the arm. "I'm sorry, but if I want to join the fun I'll need to borrow some strength" she said, before chanting a quick spell/song, sapping a bit of his energy; not enough to render him weakened or tired for more than just a few moments, but enough to get a boost for herself. She then looked at the coccoons and with a certainly scary smile said: "Let's start this... Incinerate my skin, and touch me far, far beyond/Burn me out my sin, and take me deeper underground/I know it's way too, late when this dance has begun/So put on the heat, let the fire on!". As the witch spoke, some of the coccoons bursted in flames, quickly being consumed entirely by it.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Tatya knew what her role was here: she was most helpful taking out the Sappers, and she plunged into the duty. She was a little worried about Ofelia likely running out of spells, considering how much of an asset she was, but there was not much she could do on that front.

Grant, now in full dragon mode, felt a serenity in destroying the coccoons. It worked, and they surely didn't fight back. He smashed into one and recoiled slightly from the small explosion as the immature Pod insude exploded from impact, but it wasn't enough to do more than daze him just a little.

Awesome delighted in seeing the coccoons get destroyed, and he started to see the different ways this could happen. The current one he was on, he blasted so that it bowled into another, wondering if that would get rid of two at once.

Mia alighted on the ground a good distance away from the fighting and set the Drone on the ground. It didn't move. It took her a little bit to realize it was dead, probably from shock, or maybe because it was not fully formed. She looked back at where she came from. She thought about how she should help her friends, but instead sat down and watched the hill, over which she could make out some flashes and hear things getting smashed.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 am

Ofelia kept using spell after spell, even re-reading a few others that she had done before. More and more of the coccoons disappeared, some of them crushed by her spells, some others burned down by them, but overall they seemed to start getting weaker. Despirte this, Ofelia seemed to be... enjoying this quite a lot, in some twisted way.

Meanwhile, Desiderio managed to shake off the dizziness that had overcome him when Ofelia took some of his energy, and looked around, noticing Mia was already out of sight. He then wondered what he should do: help the others, or find her before or in the case anything bad might happen to her?
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Just a note, this battle is winding down. I was thinking of putting in an R&R chapter afterwards, to help other people to get more comfortable writing in here again, before another battle. To note: the Klaakith came to Earth on Thanksgiving, and at some point people will go back for supplies, including Mia (but not Grant--just people who can survive space). However, they mention casualties in my story. This could be other groups that have been separated from this one, though. The day before Christmas break, Awesome shows up at Earth for supplies to repair the main Klaakith cruiser and take the company back, and Grant is mentioned as one of the survivors. This is what I am striving to stay true to, however difficult that may be with competing visions writing for this.

Tatya plunged her knife into a Sapper and looked around. Was that the last one? She looked around and didn't see any more. Either they'd gone invisible, or they were gone. But she could see a couple straggling Drones, and charged.

Grant bathed a couple coccoons in fire.

Awesome obliterated another coccoon and looked to see there were only a couple left, and Desiderio was probably going to beat him to them.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 am

"Ok, big guy, it's your time to work! There's only two coccoons left so go for it..." Ofelia said to Deisderio, who still seemed indecisive. "Deisderio?" the witch asked as the young man didn't respond. "What's with you?"

"I just... don't know if I should do it or..." Desiderio started but Ofelia interrupted him.

"Or what? Stay there and do nothing?" Ofelia said. Desiderio at first looked at her with a look that could surpass a sad puppy's face, but as she still had the same expression in her face, he just said: “Fine…” and, while still doubious, walked towards the cocoons and let some small flames lit in his hands as he did.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby ShastaB24 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Chapter 4: The Calm

The coccoons were destroyed, and Tatya had cleaned up the drones, but there was a feeling that it wasn't over. Grant found Mia shaken and dazed behind a hill. It took him some time to pry her away from the spot and the dead Drone that lay near her. Tatya told Awesome where the Klaakith troops were likely coming from, and he met up with them, coming back with information about an encampment nearby that was intended to accomodate human allies as well as the Klaakith troops.

They trudged over there, hoping for rest and relaxation. Tatya looked to the sky, thinking about the ships in orbit, hoping that they would be joined by others who could help.
ShastaB24
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner