Switch.

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Switch.

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:48 pm

It was an overcast spring day, definitely one that would end in rain. students and teachers scurried about the grounds with closed umbrellas tucked under their arms.

It was on this day when a loud explosion was heard from Instructor Skye's classroom classroom.

Several students and faculty rushed to the music hall to see a massive cloud of pink dust, a signature that Kaboom was there. All the instruments were destroyed and strewn about the classroom, after a few moments, the pink dust condensed and took the from of... Instructor Skyein a crumpled heap on the floor. Kaboom was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile outside, the rain had just started to fall. Umbrellas popped up and one bleach-blonde girl wearing all brand-name clothing with an expensive prada purse started to scream.

it looked like the rain was dissolving her body, a puddle of black ink was forming at her feet. The custodians weren't sure what to do at this point, one quickly mopped her up and squeezed her out into a bucket and rushed to the infirmary.

It was Kaboom....

A crowd of students had their faces pressed against the mesh-lined glass of the infirmary window. Looking on at their music instructor lying in the bed, and the nurse scratching his head at the mop bucket filled with black ink sitting on the other bed.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby MentalFloss » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:06 pm

She looked around before making eye contact with them again. "Hi! it's great to meet you both! so what's it like you know having powers and stuf? does it get annoying sometimes? how old are you two? how do you like my new outfit! is it lunchtime yet?"

she fire hosed the questions at them without even taking a breath. a definite ADD case...

The nurse drew the curtains of the infirmary to give a little privacy to the two patients. This caused the corwd of students around the windows to disperse.
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:49 pm

As the nurse drew the curtains David began to walk away from the window, until he noticed Rachel still standing there.
"Rache come on" he pouts " im the spacey one remeber?"
Rachel snaps back into reality "O ya sorry just thinking thats all" she catches up with David " so what happened anyway?"
"you got me"
"Right..." Rachel says not pleased with her brothers answer
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:53 am

(Haha okay looks like the other person whom posted has been deleted.... to bring things up to speed:

New girl is the one asking all the questions, her name is Shale (Short for Shayla), she doesn't have any known powers but both her parents are heroes of a past generation.)

Shale tagged behind David, "So yeah, what can you guys do anyways?"

Her short brown hair breezed back as she took such a big first step to catch up with them. She turned around when she heard the commotion just behind them:

Instructor Skye's daughter, Raine, was banging on the infirmary door demanding to see her father.

"Why does it matter that I'm not really a students at this crackpot school?! I'm is next of kin! now open this door!"

She looked around, "Now where the hell is my brother?!"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 am

"Okay that's the last time I take you Six Flags." Nate said.

"Look the ice shards didn't even hit the girl." Sean said as he and the elemental came out of the portal, he saw David and walked over to him. Sean hugged David gently and smiled at the girl. "Hey Dave, hello Shale."
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Strato101 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:26 pm

"Hey guys, I see you two had 'fun'" David says smiling excitedly " Oh ya, Sean, Nate this is my twin sister Rachel, not much of a resemblace but you'll get used to it.

"Ah ya, ive seen you two before, nice to finnally make your aquaintence" Rachel says paying more attention the the panic attack happening behind her then to the conversation "So is her daughter the one in the mop bucket?.."
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:36 pm

"I dunno" Shale shrugged. looking at the scene.

Raine rummaged through her purse and pulled out her cell phone. she clicked away at the keypad and sent a text message and angrily stormed off.

Shale looked at the floor where she stood by the door and saw she had dropped some sort of remote control. it had some sort of antanna at the top and a dial in the middle. it appeared to be broken.

Shale looked around but Raine was already long gone.

"What do you think this is?" She handed it to David.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Safeguard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:16 pm

"I am an elemental, I can control the Earth." Nate smiled at Shale answering her question.

"I have control over elemental magic and I can communicate with spirits and use their magic." Sean said.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Strato101 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

"Im not sure, but it looks like a controller of some sort" David says looking at the device with curiosity.

"What ever it was it sure doesn’t work now" Rachel replied “if anything maybe we should return it, or at least find out what it goes to"
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 am

Shale took it back from him and fiddled with the dial and pressed a button on the side... the remote jolted and blew up a puff of smoke, causing Shale to sneeze.

David started to feel funny, his body started feeling light. Everyone stared in horro as he began to slowly disappear.

"David..." Shale's jaw dropped, "You're...fading away...."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:52 pm

"Oh god Oh god!!!" David paniced as he saw himself slowly slipping away "whats happening to me!"
David began to float upwards, as an erie wind filled the room giving the group a chill. Currling into the fetal postion, he screamed unknowingly knocking back the students with small pockets of compressed air

"David stop this, pull your self together" Rachel exclaimed
"i cant!"
"YES YOU CAN!"
"NO, no i cant!"

Rachel forces her way up to her brother the wind currents beating her back. Apon reaching him, David looks up at her the expression on his face barely visable. Rachel solidifies her hand and slaps him in the face. Stunned David puts his hand on his cheek.

"SEE!...Your fine" Rachel says embracing her brother
The two float down like specters landing on the ground. They stare at the device now laying on the floor.

( new powers des:He is now almost completely invisible. he now can only manipulate small air currents within a thirty foot range, he can do small feats such as lowering the temperatures in a room, moving and lifting light objects. he himself can now fly.

He can also compact small amounts of air and slamming it against things to make thudding sounds or to push, strike and bully people from a distance. with heavier concentrations he can compact air into semi-solid objects like daggers and bats, but they can only exist for a second, long enough to do one attack each then they dissipate.

he can even do things as complex as moving pockets of air through itself mimicking whistling, moaning, footsteps, an indecernable voice or even the sounds of several people whispering.

He can make himself visible but it will take an extreme amount of concentration and even then he will only been seen for a second or two before fading away again. He WILL often show up as a faint outline of a person in photographs..)
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:15 am

"I'm SO not touching that now..." Shale stared at the controller, backing away.

she looked at David, "What do you think is going on? How did you end up with the creepy librarian's powers?"

She then looked at Nate who was also staring at the remote.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:35 am

"Im not sure" david said still staring at his hands

"Really it all depends on what really happened here" Rachel spoke up "If the controller strips away powers and gives them then im flabbergasted at what it could be, but if it simply switched his abilities with some one else then" Rachel reaches down and pics up the controler, carefully opening the back compartment " Just as i thought" she shows everyone the back of the controller " An incronas crystal, with the ability to switch abilities between things on the polar ends"

"But why would anyone want to do that" said david

"isnt it obvious, people with undesirable abilities like being basicly invisable, or like the girl in that room, liquifying, can just switch away there problems instead of having to deal with them"

"So how do we get my powers back"

"This controler has a twin some where and since it is operational we can assume that the other one is some where on this campus due to the rang of the controlers. We have to find this contoler and who ever has been
using it. I suggest we start with Raine."
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:42 am

They made thier way around the campus. TO all the places they normally find Raine, shadowy corners, behind a booth selling stolen property back to the original owners, the dorm halls... nowhere. but they did find somone who might be able to help...

Ocean sat under a tree meditating in the courtyard. He didn't even open his eyes or look up before he inquired "What can I do for you all today?"

He and his sister Raine were technically not students, but given their lineage to Instructor Skye, they were granted exception to be on campus. The two of them could not be more different. Ocean was very quiet and at times he seemed very sad. He was an accomplished martial artist and acrobat and he was a student in perception-altering Chi Magic.

Raine was more profit-driven and although she would never do anything to directly hurt someone physically unless they deserved it, she had used her lighting-fast wit and power to control a person's dreams and sleep patterns to her own form of monetary gain quite often. With her powers came the total inability for her to fall asleep.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 pm

"Well we need you to explain this" Rachel puts forward the controler

"Oh..." Ocean hesitated " That..."

"Yes that and now tell us where your sister is or better yet where the other controler is so that i can get my brother back to normal"

"Well you see it's complicated..."
Strato101
Prospective Student

Next

Return to RP Corner