Switch.

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby MentalFloss » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Ocean took the remote from them and glanced it over...

"Honeslty I don't know all the details, she doesn't tell me much beyond how much she loves/hates our father, but i do know she has 2 others.. one was a prototype... I'm not even sure what they're for, it's probably another plan to get her rich without treading too many toes..."

he looked at David, "Why are you disappearing?"

he shrugged and pulled out his phone, Why don't' I call her...."

he waited and the phone rang endlessly. he laid back on the grass still waiting... no answer.

"Thats.... odd... she always answers her phone even when she's busy... i think she might be in danger." he jumped up. "Quick, let's go ask my dad's friend..." He ran in the direction of the library.

In the distance a few more screams were heard, it seemed like a few other people's powers were switched as well...
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:01 pm

"we have to hurry!" David says hearing the screams

The group takes off to the library following Ocean prepared for anything that may await them.
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:13 am

They all arrived at the library to see an interesting sight:

A strange tree growing out of the hardwood floors if the library that looked like it was squirming to get out. "Heeelp mee..." a familiar voice rasped from the tree itself.

It was the librarian's voice.

Ocean took one look at the tree and quickly ran to the computer terminal and started clacking away at the keyboard furiously.

"Come on, Override.... we need you!"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

"I think we found your powers david" Rachel said stating the obvious " Ocean is this 'override' going to be able find the controlers or better yet, switch them back?"

David began to float over to the tree. softly he placed his hand on the bark as if to reashure the librarian that everything was going to be ok
"Try imagineing your self how you were before you changed" he advises. Still no change.
Last edited by Strato101 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:49 pm

"Override is my dad's friend." Ocean grabbed the mouse and started opening several email accounts. "He pretty much lives in the internet. He can track Raine's GPS and find out where she is."

The tree looked like it's branches were starting to recede.... but they grew back. even larger and crashed out the windows.

Two birds perched on the end of the branch.

After a couple minutes, Override ripped out of the computer monitor.

"Everyone's powers are switching huh?" He looked at the tree, "Is that.....Jeannie?"

"Jeannie Rousso?The ghost-Librarian? Shale looked puzzled then she looked at David fading in and out of sight... "Ooooohhh. I get it!"

Ocean handed his cell phone to Override who simply touched it and was sucked inside. The screen on his hone turned into a map and after a few seconds, a red dot appeared about a mile from the school. It looked like it was at the mall downtown.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:28 pm

"Great we have a location, but first we have to get this lady under control" Rachel commanded

"Rache sleeping gas!" David replied

"How is that going to work? She's a tree!" Shale questioned while taking a few steps back from the fluctuating tree

"When David was younger and was just getting used to his powers i would use my ablities to control his growth. One of the things i would use would be sleeping gas. When he was more inexperience he could not seperate out the gas and would fall asleep, his body slowly returning to normal. Hopefully it will have the same effect here" Rachel shoots up into the air, a tail of pale yellow gas marking her path.

She quickly filled the branches with the gas, at first to no avail, but soon enough, the tree began to shed and recede. Eventually there was only the librarian sprawled out on the ground in a deep sleep.

Rachel floats down to the floor and pulls her self back together, changing any left over gas into a mix of oxygen and carbon dioxide
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:23 am

"You wold be SOOO useful if we ever have bean-cheese burrito days..." Shale giggled.

Ocean didn't say a word and ran out the door, he frantically looked around until he saw a platinum blonde girl wearing a leather jacket.

"Jo! We need a ride to the mall! It's an emergency!"

She looked blankly at him for a second ,"An emergency that you need to go to the mall??"

"Look i'm just going by what I know on my phone that say raine is at the mall and we need to find her there right away before it's too late!"

"is she going to buy something that isn't her color?" Jo kept staring at him.

She finally sighed a long sigh and walked over to her black SUV in the parking lot.

"Everyone this is Jo. Be careful with getting too close to her, she can cancel out metahuman powers, magical energies and phone reception."

She muttered something under her breath as she climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 pm

"Nice to meet you" Rachel says as she enters the SUV still gaging from shale's remark "David come on!"

"No, ill stay here with the librarian. Who knows what might happen if she wakes up while your gone, and i know these powers better then anyone"

"okay.." Rachel says reluctantly "but stay here so we know where to find you"

"Gotcha"

Rachel closes the door and the group takes off for the mall
Last edited by Strato101 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 am

Jo pulls up to the mall to see a crowds of people flooding out the swinging glass doors of every exit, screaming for thier lives.

"That doesn't look like something Raine would do..." Ocean raised his eyebrow.

Jo kicked them all out of the car and shouted out the window, "You can handle this, I'll pick you up in a couple hours..." She sped off.

"Is she always a bitch like this?" Shale looked at Ocean.

"No, she's usually worse" He ran into the mall to look for his sister.

Inside they found cartoonish-looking ink splatters all over the place, all the contents of the storefronts were strewn about . People were looting stores or running for their lives.

"....Madcap..."Ocean muttered under his breath.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Rachel scanned the chaotic mall. She inspects the ink stains a little closer.

IWhat could have done this* she thinks to herself

hearing ocean speak " Madcap? Who or what is a Madcap?" she questioned
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 am

"Think of a looney toons character, come to life in the real world... pulling objects out of the air, inexplicably disappearing and reappearing behind you, virtually un-killable... that sort of thing.... THAT is madcap..." He eyed around suspiciously, waiting....

"Ooh kiddies!!" I voice was heard behind them, Ocean didn't even bother to turn around to see who it was, he simply dove behind a kiosk.

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

A loud old-fashioned car horn blasted at deafening volume that broke the glass of several storefronts and knocking the rest of the party off their feet.

There stood a 4-foot tall cartoon character dressed like a rainbow puked out a clown costume.

He waved bye-bye and sped off in a puff of smoke down to the far end of the mall in a flash.

Ocean crawled out from behind the kiosk. "I HATE him..."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:05 pm

"I know the feeling" Rachel replied pulling herself to her feet, her head still pounding from the horn " now what would a cartoon maniac need from a mall?"
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:10 pm

No sonner did she ask that when they got their answer:

A giant 8-ball rolled down an escalator smashing madcap like a pancake. then a pair of arms and legs popped out of it and it stood up. there was no head or face but a big purlple window in the middle of it.....

"It's His rival! Another villain named 'Frantic 8-Ball! Their rivalry has hurt so many people in the crossfire!" Ocean shouted.

Frantic 8-Ball looked towards the students and shook himself. A little triangle appeared in the window. "Stay out of this, you Academy kids!!"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Strato101 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

"Well..." Rachel takes a deap breath and clenches her fists " should we try and subdue these too, if that is even possible, and then search for Raine or let them duke it out and go about our buissness"
Strato101
Prospective Student

Postby MentalFloss » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:36 am

As she asked this she saw some people trying to hbble away... bleeding and injured.

"I'll take care of these people, you guys need to stop them!" Ocean ran to the people's aid.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner