Moving Day (Closed RP)

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Moving Day (Closed RP)

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:28 am

(OOG: Just a heads up guys this is intended as a one on one RP with Gryphon on the topic of Travis and Tristan’s roommate status so for now it’s closed. Who knows though, it might end up opening later.)

Swearing creatively Travis hauls his trunk over the lip of the stairs and sighs in relief having finally reached the top. He takes a moment to catch his breath then drags the heavy wooden chest down the hall and round the corner to the assigned room.

He fumbles around his pockets for his new key then softly bangs his head against the door.

Now I have to go all the way back down the stairs to my old room to try and find the key to my new room.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:50 am

Ah, a new day, a new room, a new roommate. As much as he had gotten used to living with Kale, the idea of never having to wear hot pink again made him practically giddy with excitement. Finishing packing the duffle bag and noting what still needed to be packed or brought straight up, Gryf sighed and started the trek to the fourth floor. He debated simply flying up and through a window, but last time he tried, he'd hit the frame and banged up his wing pretty good. No, it was better to walk.

Gryf turned the corner and paused, cocking his head to one side as he surveyed the profile of the other boy. Frowning he walked down the hall, Set down his bag and tapped him on the shoulder before taking a step back to sign. *You Alright?*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:18 am

The flinch is an ingrained reaction for Travis. He gets snuck up on a lot, though not as often as you’d expect and does his best not to jump like a frightened cat every time it happens. So instead he flinches.

“Yeah I’m okay, just bracing myself for the long walk downstairs to find my new keys. I managed to drag this,” He punctuates his statement with a slightly vicious kick to his trunk. “up four flights of stairs but forgot the room keys.”

He runs a hand through his hair and sighs.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:36 am

Gryf looks at the door, then back at Travis. His gaze then leads towards the trunk shaking his head. *You could have asked for help you know.* He fumbled in his pockets for his own keys...groaning after only a few seconds. *Melted. Right. Forgot. Stupid Fireball.* He signed more to himself than anyone else, the memory of what was supposed to have been a game of dodge ball that got severely out of hand coming back to him. *Through the wall then.* He concentrated on becoming intangible as he braced himself to move through the wall....and promptly fell through the floor, a look of surprise on his face.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Travis blinks and kicks carefully at the floor beneath him.

“You know I always forget you can do that.”

It suddenly occurs to him that Gryf would now be on the floor below and thus unable to hear him. The idea of phasing through the wall though reminds him that this is a new room, without all the defenses he placed on his old one so there is nothing stopping him from using magic to get in.

He flips open the lid of the trunk and touches his cloke, vanishing he reappears in the room and unlocks the door from the inside. Closing the lid he grabs the handle of the trunk and drags it inside.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:37 am

Gryf catches himself before he goes through the next floor and instead lands on it hard, knocking the air from his lungs. It takes him a moment to recover before he pulls himself up, glances down the hall to make sure no one saw and heads off for the stairs.

Back in the fourth floor hall he hesitates in front of the now open door before he grabs his duffle and heads in, looking over at Travis as he enters. He places the bag on a bed and takes a seat beside it. *Found your key?*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:49 am

Travis shakes his head.

“Teleported.”

Grunting with effort he positions the trunk at the foot of the other bed. He looks around at the room. It’s pretty much a blank slate, two beds and two desks with little else.

“So I’m guessing you’re about ready to celebrate?”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am

Gryf refrained from asking why he didn't do that in the first place. *Celebrate?* He looked around the mostly vacant room. *Should we not finish moving? Or is the trunk all your possessions?* Gryf stood up and moved over to the window, checking out the view, and not so subtly trying to see if he could fit through it without trouble. It would be the stairs if he could manage it.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 am

“No such luck, I’ve still got a heap of things to bring up. Speaking of which…”

Travis reaches into his pocket and pulls out a stick of chalk and a small leather-bound notebook. Flipping it open to the start he heads to a wall and sits down, writing on the carpet in chalk.

“Really I just meant you’re finally free of the colored menace. I did warn you when you arrived after all.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Gryf grinned at the memory. *Yes you did. Thank you, even if I did not listen at the time. Still, it was not all bad, but I will not miss neon clothing, that is certain. * His eyes finally took in what Travis was doing and he shifted uncomfortable where he stood. *What is you are doing?*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:37 pm

“China to Russia to China to Australia to China to here. After the first couple of times I got sick of having to pack all my books and things every time I moved on.”

He’s made a little rectangle of symbols in chalk. He lays his fingers on them and reads aloud from the book. There’s a hollow banging sound as a bookcase appears in the rectangle before the chalk marks vanish. He taps the side of the bookshelf showing the same markings carved roughly into the wood.

“This creates a link which I can use to pull it to me if I’m willing to take the time and expend the energy.”

He moves along the wall and starts repeating the process.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Gryf's eyes widen at the appearance of the bookcase. *That.....that is cheating,* he signed half heartedly as he moved back out into the hall and started downstairs to grab his next load of belongings. He didn't have that much, certainly not much furniture to move, but it was several flights of stairs...
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 am

Travis half smiles. “Yes, yes it is.”

There’s another banging sound and the second bookshelf appears. In the time Gryf is gone he’s put the third and final bookshelf in place as well as a long high wooden table and a cupboard of many drawers. They’re all crammed against the wall on the side of the room Travis has, apparently anyway, claimed as his own.

Now it’s his turn to sit on the floor against the bed and breath heavy.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:54 am

Gryf re-entered the room balancing a good sized box under one arm and holding a small wastebasket with a lamp sticking out of it in the other. A backpack was slung over each shoulder. The fact he had two when he couldn't really wear them was odd, but what wasn't at this school? He put down the box first on the empty bed before slipping the first back pack off his shoulder. Setting the wastebasket on the nearest desk, the other backpack followed suit. He glanced all all the shelves and new furniture.

*You have a lot of books.* He looks at his side of the room, noting its emptyness compared to Travis's side. *I have a chair. That is my only furniture to bring. If you are done, could you help me with my last load?* He tilts his head to one side as he signs the question to the other boy.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:34 am

Travis nods and gets himself to his feet with a grunt.

“Books are something of an occupational hazard I suppose. I’m not an elemental, I can’t just wave my arm and make ice appear. Okay I wave my arm and ice appears but that’s because I put the effort into learning how to do it and preparing the spells before hand.”

He walks beside Tristan still breathing a little heavily.
candyman1989
Junior

Next

Return to RP Corner