Moving Day (Closed RP)

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 am

Travis smiles and nods, the answer seems to please him for whatever reason. Either he doesn’t notice the blush or he chooses to ignore it. Getting up off the floor he dusts off his knees.

“Shall we start unpacking?”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:10 am

Gryf stands up, stretching. *Yes, I suppose we should.* He looks at Travis' side of the room and then his own. *Though you already seem well under way.* He starts taking things out of a box and putting them onto his desk.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 am

Travis shoots Tristan an amused look over the top of his shoulder.

“You just wish you could move furniture that easily. If I ever run into money troubles I’ll open a removals business.”

He makes his way to the cupboard and takes out a low flattish dark bowl. From another drawer he takes a few bits and pieces. He places the bowl at the end of the table and leaves the room coming back with a jug of water which he puts in the bowl.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 am

*I am sure you could make a good profit. Moving is rarely an event people enjoy.* He finished setting up a lamp on the desk and began placing books on top of his dresser. He paused, a book in one hand, which he puts down as he turns to the other boy. *Forgive me, this may be an awkward question,* He hesitated a moment, then realizing Travis already asked one of him, pushed forward, *Can / Do you listen to music? When my sister and I were younger, we would feel the vibrations and the rhythm, but I am not sure how you experience it.*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:24 am

Travis puts the jug down and looks at Gryf.

“Do you remember Maki? From when we fought the werewolves? She and I first met when I was tending bar. The fact that my subtitles meant I never had to struggle to make out an order made it a good job for me.”

He smiles a little.

“When I found out she had powers she used them on me, amplified the music till the sound formed a shell around my body. It was like you said, I couldn’t hear the music but I could feel it. She taught me to dance.”

He shrugs.

“Most places the music isn’t loud enough, I can feel the floor jump with the bass but it’s not the same.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:09 am

Gryf nodded in understanding as he listened to Travis. *I expect it is not, though I never had the the former experience, only the latter, which for the time was all that was needed.* He set a laptop on the computer desk and began pulling out the various components that went with it.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 am

From a smaller glass bottle Travis lets a couple of drops fall into the bowl then he takes off his pendant and drops it into the water.

“Your sister.”

He lights a candle and places it next to the bowl.

“You’ve mentioned her a few times but the context with rhythm has me curious.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:26 am

Gryf shrugged as he glanced over at Travis. *She is deaf. And when I was young, before my powers manifested, my connection to her made me deaf as well. Kachi and I are twins, and we share a strong bond. She is the only person I can feel at a far distance.* He finished with the computer and began putting away his clothes.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Travis shifts his weight from one leg to another.

“I err didn’t know about that.”

He makes his way back to the cupboard and takes out a stick of incense which he lights. In each corner of the room he holds the smoking stick near the ground then waves it up as though chasing something too the roof.

“So how long did it last?”

It’s noticeable his idea of unpacking is very different to Gryf’s.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:37 am

Gryf had stopped unpacking as he tried to figure out what Travis was doing, but after the third corner, he gives up. *Being Deaf? I could not hear until I was almost nine. When we were eight, a test revealed my genetic differences, and it was discovered that the bond with Kachi was causing my deafness, but I had no control over the bond for almost a year. Even then, control was minimal. The bond itself has never diminished between us, though we each have learned blocking techniques at our ends, to make it more comfortable as we grew older.*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:59 am

“So you spent the first eight years of your life unable to hear, then suddenly one day you could again?”

The use of again isn’t really accurate here but Travis doesn’t seem to notice.

“What was that-“

He seems to change his mind mid sentence.

“That would have come as a shock.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:55 am

Gryf shrugged. *It was not as sudden as all that. It took a while before I could hear on a constant basis, and it came and went. I think the greatest shock was how very different it made me from Kachi. Up until then we had shared everything together. Not that she noticed anything had changed, she is a remarkably stubborn sister.* He grabbed the next load of clothes and started putting them into drawers.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:25 am

“I know a few women like that.”

Travis voice is softer this time and unusually warm for him.

He finally starts putting clothes away, there aren’t many of them and it doesn’t take him long to put them in the bottom few drawers of the chest.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:46 am

Gryf had finished with his side and sat on his bed, watching the other boy. He didn't comment on the emotional shift, though he allowed himself a small smile, he'd just learned something about his roommate. *I suppose there are many like her out there. What about you? I know you had a different kind of family, more communal than most students here, but I do not know much else about it beyond that.*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:29 pm

"My upbringing was unusual, intellectually I understand that. I was even taught to understand the relationships between different family members without having that kind of bond myself. Despite that to me my way still feels normal."

He shrugs.

"In a lot of ways its similar to boarding here. There are rules but on the whole you're left to your own devices. If you need support, emotional or otherwise, you find it in the bonds your formed from choice."

"I was very close to my sister Miriam, she helped me find where my talents lay and when I applied for my Mastery in healing magic she was the one who sponsored me."
candyman1989
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner