Seven Days of Bad News

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby The Hellion » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:12 pm

"We know she has strength and she just seemed to get stronger and stronger" Dani murmured. "I'll link us to the databases and you can research stuff for the flight, did we learn anything while we were there?"

She glanced at Orchids door. "And do we dare try and get to living perfume counter to tell us more?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 am

“Well I can’t say I’m overflowing with goodwill and trust for her but she hasn’t given us any reason to distrust her either. I say we open the door and give her the benefit of the doubt, though it might still be wise to keep a cautious eye on her.”

Travis drums his fingers idly on the table, the medi kit put to one side for now.

“How long is the flight anyway?”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 am

Thomas looked out the jet's window, great one mad house to the next. He groaned and sat back and just tried to count sheep in his head in order to get some sleep. When he hears the discussion on Orchid he's not overtly concerned, "Why not? I mean if she tries anything we can always just crash the plane and kill her along with us. Plus she could use some extra help so it's mutually beneficial."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 am

Dani nodded and tapped a button on the console. "I've got the jet going top speed, we should be there in less than an hour at this stage thanks to the alien engine core."

She pressed another button and the door opened. Orchid stepped in. "Right, so Bedlam, correct? Yeah thats where I figured, whats really important is that she doesn't get to the Max Security wing of Stafford's Section 4"

She flicked her hair. "And before you ask I know this because i work on a need to know basis, which for my employer is always: "I need to know everything""
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 am

Travis nods.

“Fine. In that case what do you know that we need to know and you need to tell us because you need us to know.”

He hesitates.

“That sentence got away from me there.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 am

Thomas grins at Travis being flustered with words, "In other words: spill."

Giving up on any hopes of rest he sits up with a slight wince and rests and arm over his ribcage. "If it's Stafford Sanitarium then we are in for some fun, do you know they were among the first to perfect the telepathic lobotomy technique? I've heard they've made it scarily effective."
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 am

Dani patted Travis' hand. "There there dear, it happens to everyone" she frowned, pulled another Chocolicious bar from her shadowy ensemble and opened it. "Mmm...mint" she murmured and bit down. "Stafford Sanitarium morals and ethics out the window like the rest of Bedlam Island"

Orchid raised an eyebrow. "I was hired to rescue Daly Calendar, the pilot of the escape chopper, from Level 0, so I donned the guise of a nurse and got in, my orders were to approach no one by Daly in Level 0 and to bring him somewhere safe which i would be sent depending on the outcome of my mission. Obviously that last part didnt happen, the kids the son of the now deceased Robert John Calendar so the boy has a history but not necessarily a lineage"

Dani frowned. "I know that name"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 am

Travis frowns.

“I met Robert Calendar once, he made a point of saying how he refuses to believe in magic. I made a point of filling his pockets with snow.”

He closes his eyes trying to remember.

“I have an overwhelming recollection of scotch but everything else from the meeting is a blur.”

“I know his wife got sick and he faded out of the public eye.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:04 am

Thomas frowns "Yeah... I remember bits and pieces of information when I was reading one of my mentor's notes. He was treated I believe for depression, I can't remember much more than that but he was definitely devastated after his wife got ill. Apart from that I can't remember anything."

He glances back out of the window, "Whatever did happen to his wife?"
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Gryphon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 am

*What kind of person, with a last name of Calender, actually names their child Daly? It is no surprise the kid ended up needing psychiatric help. Who is this Robert Calender?* Tristan finished the final sandwich and moved back into the kitchen to make some more, still listening to the conversation.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 am

"His wife - i remember...he met her here, she was a charitable worker, a fund raiser? i cant remember..." Dani frowned. "She had a mental snap and I think she killed herself - as for the son it was his mothers last name - Daly I mean...cant remember he first name...started with a P I think..."

She frowned. "He was a superhero, Robert J Calendar!" she sat up. "He was in the archives...as ... a...gadget user or weaponeer or something" she snapped her fingers. "Ugh can't remember what one..."

Orchid sat down and flicked her hair with a sigh. "News to me"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:15 pm

"Oh wait!" Dani exclaimed. "he was a time traveller but he couldnt go back and save his wife because his time machine was broken, trapping him here, he was a superhero...gadgeteer...oh what was his name..."

Orchid shrugged. "Whatever the case I was to rescue Daly Calendar from Level Zero but thats all"

A screen on the otherside of the jet began to buzz on the Communications array.

STAFFORD SANITARIUM

The rioting figures burst from the cells, Sapphire Sphinx flew about overhead, her blasts causing guards to collapse in agony as on one floor Alex tore doors off the wall and Chelsea Smile sliced open the bars (and a few limbs) as she ran about on another floor.

The Doctor and her dream twisting companion with the blank eyes walked along a corridor. "Mmm Maximum security" the doctor mused as the men around her collapsed under the sheer weight of nightmares.

"Dream of death" Dreamer murmured as the men spasmed and howled and gurgled their way to darkness. "Dream of death" he murmured. "Traitors...fiends..."

Dr. D'Aubergnine smiled as the sirens went off. "Now - time to collect our friend" she smiled as she strode into the secured corridor. "Mr. Tuesday?"

The figure hurled the dismembered bodies away and bounded towards her. "Open please" she pointed to a rapidly closing door...and in a blur he had slicked underneath it and morphed his arms into blades.

Paper Angel adjusted her scarf hood and wiped her bloodied fingertips on the corpse of a nearby guard. "They'll be here soon" she sing-songed

"I knowwwww" Dr. D'Aubernine responded. "Take the Days and go to the Psetzi Archive. I'll go to our friend" she paused and turned to paper Angel. "Oh and, be stealthy" she added.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am

“Interesting, if his father was a gadgeteer it might be he got his healing factor from his mother’s side of the family. Or he developed it naturally on his own.”

Travis drums his fingers on the table.

“Time traveler’s son, people named after days. Could we be looking at a temporal issue?”

He glances at Orchid.

"If I ask who hired you you're not going to tell me are you?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Kiran, completely lost in a conversation, catches sight of the communications array buzzing and sits down to listen and respond to any incoming message.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Orchid shrugged. "the fact is i dont know who, so long as they pay and i can use the money i dont have any cause to have them tracked down"

The moment Kiran touched the controls Alpha Network appeared on screen and sighed. The young man was pale and tired. "This is for you guys, the local heroes are on dispatch to the sanitarium but we can spare you" he waved at Kiran. "Hey" he muttered. "Better put this on speaker"

The report crackled to life. "They're letting everyone out!" the guard was screaming over the sound of explosions. "Even the superhumans we have here. Hurry, they're causing chaos and if they can get control of the sanitarium they can cross the bridge and get to Bedlam or get to the docks and reach Babylon city!!"

The power cut out. Alpha Network sighed, the computer genius cyberpath shrugged. "You guys good to go? I can research something for you if you need anything"
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner