Seven Days of Bad News

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Gryphon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 am

Tristan reentered the main cabin, with a chicken leg between his teeth.

*That was to be expected. Whatever the Doctor is after, she is causing more than enough chaos to cover her tracks.*

He glanced over at Dani, with a slight bit of confusion as something she just said struck him as odd. *Did you not just say his name was Robert J. Calendar? Or are we talking of a different person now? If he was a time traveler, was he from our era, or our past or our future? And could one of him be imprisoned in Bedlam?*

*If nothing else, two more lines of the prediction are now clear. A flight from madness to seek out more and,* The chicken leg still hanging from his mouth, he pointed at the vidscreen. *Chaos, destruction, pandemonium. Though we still do not know who the leader is or the headless man in his bed.* He pulled the leg from his mouth and began stripping the meat off of it with surprising efficiency.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 am

"His son is one of the Level 0 escapees, Daly Calendar, thats orchids target for retrieval" Dani explained. "Could you grab me some chicken? And soy sauce....and icecream...in the same bowl....with cherries and ... prawns" she murmured absentmindedly

Orchid raised an eyebrow. "I've heard of superhuman pregnancies leading to bizzare cravings but...thats impressive"

"ETA is 10 minutes" Dani replied, deftly changing the subject. "And youre right...Alpha i want you to get me copies of the security footage from the asylum we just left"

"done. I can probably fit another item on my schedule if you want anything else?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am

“Let’s get some background on the Calendar family. Daly seems to be the odd one out of the level Zero inmates.”

Travis shrugs.

“Are we thinking that headless man is a metaphor rather then literal?”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 am

Thomas stands up with a groan "Well despite what we may think, don't forget no-one ends up on Floor 0 without a damn good reason, and with Templars and bad guys after him we can decide he's not to be taken lightly at any rate. And how are reinforcements looking Dani, because I doubt we can take down those lot again plus even more maniacs."

He sips at a machine made coffee and frowns, it was never the same as the properly made stuff but it would have to do for the time being.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Gryphon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 am

Tristan had moved back to the kitchen, listening to the conversation continue from there. Now he re-entered, a second, almost stripped leg between his teeth as he handed a bowl filled with a vile mixture to Dani, as she requested.

Finishing off the leg, he tossed the bone into the trash receptacle as he slipped into a seat. *I do not know about the rest of you, but I had not anticipated what we would be going up against when we first faced off against these people. Now we have a better idea and can be more prepared.*

*I suspect the headless man is a metaphor, but for what, I do not know. If no one has anything more important to have researched, Alpha could you get as much data as is available on Robert Calender to us, including what happened to him?*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:15 pm

"Sure thing itll take me just a few minutes, also the local heroes are heading to Stafford now, I'll dispatch another team to meet you guys and help with this case, I'll just check...huh...weird...the heroes have been held up at the asylum bridge by - uh - something of a commotion, Hey look at this"

Alpha looked cctv footage of the exterior of the asylum to the screen. The SUVs were black with white and red stripes along the sides.

A blonde woman stepped out of the SUV and clicked something in her hand, there was a minute flash of green light and the camera was eaten by static.

"Huh...its like the cctv ate itself" Alpha muttered. "I'll start researching Robert Calendar, you guys uh - chillax"

"We land in 10 minutes" Dani sighed. "No time"

She looked to Tristan. "A metaphor...i guess..." she frowned. "Why do i feel like i saw the body though...was it during the fight? or..." she shook her head. "A metaphor for what though...rrrrr" she growled. "There is so much getting on my nerves"

OOC: You may bring in second characters in a few more posts if you like but if you prefer i can assign you characters - for jollies. theyll be fun characters though you may specify gender or any quirks you like, mainly to keep you on your toes :P . Also you dont need to take second characters you can stay flying solo
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 am

Dressed in a red strapless dress the lady smokes a cigarette. She’s stunning, looks like she’s just stepped out of a magazine. She reaches to the chain around her neck and squeezes the little sun charm that hangs there. She murmurs a request then answers a question. She’s back a bit from the crowd, for now she’s just watching.

On the jet Travis sits up suddenly as silver fire plays around his wrist and becomes a charm bracelet. His eye’s flicker rapidly as he hurriedly reads his subtitles.

“Well we’ve support on site already.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Dani nodded. "Good to know, well here we go, apparently there were some heroes of the local variety already inside and some made it here before the bridge became unusable..." she headed for the walkway. "time to go"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 am

Tristan hurried back into the kitchen for a moment, returning with a dozen super-dense High Energy protein bars which he slipped into various pockets. *And we’re off to see the wizard…* he signed before picking up an earpiece comm unit and setting it in place. Grabbing his spare staff he fell in behind Dani.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:36 am

Dani looked at her watch and then at Weird. "Introductions" she muttered as she turned on the beacon for other heroes to home in on. "We need to get to the security room and see what the overall problem is"

A massive superhuman orderly crashed out of the nearby wall and slammed a prisoner made of steel to the floor. "Seems theyve let the special prisoners out" Orchid noted.

Dani lead the group through the hole in the wall and into a shattered door on the wall of the main building

Inside the seven floors of riots were going strong, the support wires for the suicide nets had been cut or snapped and several people had fallen to their death while others had been trampled. The orderlies and gurds were putting up a valiant fight but it was an uphill battle.

Orchid sighed and strolled in. "Stay out for a moment"

the pheromones streamed out and filled the air. Suddenly the riots dimmed, sleep rising through them from the ground level. "There thatrs about all i can do" Orchid said as the upper levels of drowsy figures slumped about only partially affected.

Unfortunately there were still injured, two large fires in the cells, three guards on the upper floor surrounded by danger and one doctor on the verge of falling as she struggled with drowsiness.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:47 pm

"I've got the fires!" Kiran shouted before bolting toward the burning cells. He fed off the firelight as he shaped an airtight barrier around it, slowly choking the first fire out. His face scrunched in pain from the intense heat but pushed through.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 am

“What the hell are you wearing?”

Walking quickly Travis glares at Weird.

“What you don’t like it? Oh right I remember now, too tall for you.”

Weird’s features blur and it’s form starts to shrink down, it’s skin becoming darker and it’s hair curling slightly.

Travis’ eyes flare and he punches it in the mouth.

“Not. Funny.”

Un hurt Weird rolls its eyes and changes the shift to something else, a young man with piercings and short hair wearing fishnets and leather.

“You’re no fun.”

Travis grits his teeth and glares.

“Get to work.”

Weird bounds off and clambers up the wall, growing claws as it climbs. It manages to snag the doctor just before she finally falls.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Dani swept a wave of darkness out under Weird so it could drop down. "Which way to the security room?" she asked the doctor. The woman handed over the pass card.

"Its down the hall...please hurry, theyre maniacs"

Chelsea smile somersaulted through the air and landed before the group

"Hey kids" she sneered...and attacked.,
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:34 am

There’s a bang of displaced air as a large snowdrift appears above Chelsea and drops down to bury her.

Weird glances away from where it’s trying to chat up the doctor.

“Tad harsh.”

Travis flips him the bird and readies a spell for when Chelsea gets up.

“Still pissed.”

Weird rolls its eyes and shoves a business card with its phone number on it into the Dr’s pocket.

“Call me!”

With a pat on the bum it steers her towards the exit.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 pm

"You know, I don't think I like her." Woven had already shifted into his partial lupine form, his staff held ready as he watched the small snow drift bury Smile. He wove a synesthete connection from Travis to her, sound into sight, to blind her.
Gryphon
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner