Stride

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Stride

Postby Darkness1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm

OOG: right.... after discussing the events of Lullaby with Oni and the introduction of Melody I thought that certain events should be laid to rest. This rp is for that, a way to bridge the gap between what happened after Lullaby and how the characters cope with the "loss" of James. Even if you were not in Lullaby but knew James you may partake in this rp which follows the form of a group therapy session. The title comes from the old idiom of taking things in your stride.

Now what you can expect:
- Chris' funeral
- Post-events cool down
- A shrink
- Tears et cetera
- A bomb plot/evil magic

Also, please don't one sentence post, as it's an insult to James' memory. And Locke Scott may kill you.

----------

The room was deathly quiet, the lights were dim and the curtains drawn. Nothing made a sound, save for the gentle tapping of a branch against the window. Tap tap tap... the sound seemed to echo and linger far too long. Although it was a bright day the room seemed cold, dark and strange. A tray of snacks rested on the coffee table in front of them untouched, as if a delicate work of glass.

Thomas stared at it, focused on it and tried to block the entire world out except for the tray. He didn't want to believe that this world existed, where that had happened... the scarlet arc... both his old roommates, the sadistic smirk... the dying light in the others' eyes. It all happened so fast, and yet it seemed like a different life.

--------

Louis Williams, a psychiatrist trained to help post traumatic experience stood outside the door, breathing lightly as he readied himself to sit down with several shaken and upset teenagers.

"Just take it in your stride Louis."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Oni » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:43 pm

It was too unreal. End of of story.

Things happened to heros and those with powers beyond that of a mortal's everyday, it had happened before. Hell it had happened in PPA itself. But not to them; not to their friend.

The reality had set in at the hospital room but no one dared to believe it. Even she, who could hear better than them all, had seemed deaf to the kind doctor's words. It wasnt true, there was just no way. But god who would make this up?

The little neon thing had avoided ther majority of her wardrobe after things were said and done, picking out darker, solemn colors to express her mood. Her clothing was her expression, always light and happy, but in the face of this the color had faded and the happiness turned into something else. She sat quietly a seat over from Thomas, her foot kicked idely never once making a sound. She hadn't wanted to come here, for once she hadnt wanted to talk, but it was a must for them all so hear she was. She glanced up, looking at the faces of her friends before looking back at her still kicking foot.

This still wanst real.

He could still see it, the blood on his hands when he had taken Travis' place, trying so hard to keep their friend alive. Madi and he had been covered in it, his blood, James' blood. He used to have nightmares before, nightmares of the necromancer, but these nightmares were a new hell and this time it wasnt just his own.

The silence was both a blessing and a curse in the room right now, he was tired of people talking about it, asking if they were all okay and such, but the silence let him think too much and that was never a good thing. If at least Faye would make a sound it wouldnt be so bad but even she was taken by a spell of silence that none of them would break.

He folded his arms against his chest and stared at the window. It was going to rain soon, that fact usually made him happy, he was always at his strongest then, but even now with a storm on the horizon he felt weak to its force.
Oni
Sophomore

Postby TailsofElements » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Kiran sat there beside Faye, his legs pulled up on the chair tight against his chest. He stared at nothing in particular while his sight studied everyone in the room. He felt so out of place. So unwelcome. He wasn't there; he didn't see it happen; he was never close to James; he was an accessory to everyone's misery; he didn't belong.

But Kiran forced himself to come. He knew deep down, it had shaken him if only for slapping the reality of mortality into him. He needed to be here for himself and his friends. He knew no matter how could this therapist was, his friends would need someone familiar to cry on. So he sat, isolated on his bright side of the island while everyone mourned under the storm clouds.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 am

Travis doesn’t want to be here. He doesn’t want to be trapped in this grim room with it’s depressing aura. He doesn’t want to grieve or mourn he wants to fight something. He has every reason to think Will’s gone, buried under a falling church but the idea lacks closure, reason isn’t enough, he needs certainty.

His blank face is a contrast to his raging mind. He sits in his chair and avoids notice, his ice heart is suppressing his emotions for now, he’s not dealing with fear, grief or anger just the clear certain knowledge that he doesn’t want to be in this room.

Madison opens her mouth, about to break the silence then closes it. Her hair is tied up and she’s not wearing make up. She looks tired and worn out. At first she wasn’t going to come but then she’s caught in the flashback. In a way it’s funny, she never thinks about the fight or finding James. She doesn’t think about trying desperately to push air in and out of his lungs. It’s the hospital, rushing to the bathroom and vomiting into the toilet bowl because James’ blood is on her skin and he’s not going to wake up.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 am

Louis walks into the room and closes the door lightly, "Now I'm not here to tell you everything is okay and all that... I'm not here to lie to you... I'm here kids to let you vent your grief, your anger and any other feelings you have about what has happened. I know that given recent events regarding what's happened has you all raw and fragile, but William Essex is dead now. He can't hurt you anymore.
James is in a stable condition and the doctors have told me that his brain activity has increased. They're not sure when he'll wake up but they estimate it'll be within a few months. Now I know it's not much in light of what has happened, but it's over."

Thomas furrows his eyebrows "Pardon et moi monsieur, mais... it isn't making us feel better, sure the batard's dead and James is stable... but he nearly died. Will actually killed a friend of Travis' and I think Locke and Madison are pretty shaken up having to resuscitate their friend. So... no you aren't making us feel better."
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:56 am

“Be polite Thomas.”

Grudgingly Travis uncoils himself from where he’s sitting and reaches for the tray.

“Perhaps you would like some tea Doctor?”

His hands are steady and his movements as close to graceful as he gets when he’s not killing something. That said his lips are blue and the hands reaching for the teapot are deathly pale.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Louis nods, reaching out his hand to grasp a cup. He adds in four sugar lumps and milk. "Thank you Mr.Smith. And you shouldn't bottle your emotions up, it's unhealthy and can cause a lot of negative things to happen later in life."

He looks over to Thomas, trying to read the boy's posture. He seems on edge, nervous and more than likely very very angry. Thomas notices the stares and sighs, "I'm sorry, I should control myself better. It's just that... with everything that's happened in the passed few days, none of us have had a lot of sleep or time for things to set in."

Louis nods, "I understand entirely. You're all dealing with Post-Traumatic Shock, it might help you all to have sugary food or drinks for the next few days. Shock causes the heart to pump faster, for a higher amount of energy to be used to fuel the adrenaline. It also negatively effects the brain chemistry, so my advice on your diet for the next few days is a rather lot of sweets."

Thomas rolls his eyes, the effort and feeling isn't there. But the guy sounds as if he's more a biochemist than a psychiatrist. Even so, sugary stuff might make him feel better, he doubted it severely but wasn't in the mood to argue with "professional" advice. And even if he did, the Headmistress would more than likely try and force him to eat pure glucose.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby TailsofElements » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:05 pm

"That's just your way of avoiding antidepressants," Kiran scolded the doctor, "Sugar causes an increase in the body system and the sweet taste release happy chemicals, or some junk like that. You should be helping them cope with the emotional scarring instead of covering it up with chemical scarring. The heart is more than just chemistry." Kiran remained with his legs pulled to his chest. He avoided making himself as part of the group so that the therapy avoided anger and the "You weren't there" he knew would come.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:14 am

“Kiran, hold your tongue or Goddess preserve me I will hold it for you.”

Un-hurried motions and a mild tone of voice. Travis finishes making the tea and hands it to the Dr.

“You are seventeen years old. He is a psychiatrist, which means a medical degree not just a phd.”

Pale faced but bright-eyed Travis fixes Kiran with a look.

“Now like I told Thomas, be polite.”

He reaches back to the tea pot and pours another cup for himself this time, oddly for Travis it’s un-sweetened.

“Thank you for your concern but I’m not at any risk. My emotions are such that I have a certain amount of control over when and where I decide to deal with them. For now I’m better served by being level headed and calm, I have funeral arrangements to assist with.”
candyman1989
Junior

Return to RP Corner