Under Seven Seals

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Under Seven Seals

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:17 am

Under Seven Seals:

"...behind seven doors her heart was locked, under seven seals her soul was sealed, as seven guardians guarded the keys. Locked away, alone, for the rest of eternity, she dreams of the ones she loved, of the happiness she never attained, of all the grief and sorrow she ever had in her life...*" Noah read calmly, in a rather deep voice, from an old book. It was a black, damaged, pretty old book with scripture in a language that VERY vaguely could resemble semitic ones, but was different from any human language: it was lilim language. On the cover was the name of that book: "Inspiring tales for children".

"Man, where did you keep hidden that big voice?" Veronica's voice said from behind the demon, who turned to face her rather surprised and startled. "What? Saw a ghost or just way too happy to see me?" the gynoid asked with a raised eyebrow and a half-smile on her face, as she laid against the wall.

"Vero what are you doing here?" Noah asked, sighing as he calmed himself down.

"Oh, me? What makes you think I have any reason to visit my friend's room other than just wanting to spend some fun time?" Veronica asked with a smile. Noah looked at her witha raised eyebrow. "Fine, I'm hiding from someone. Could you take me in here until it's over?"

"Hiding? From who?" Noah asked again, still a bit startled. "Is there some zombie army? Demons? Pirates? Demon Zombie Pirate army?" Noah asked.

"No, it's...." Veronica started, but Noah interrupted her once again.

"Please don't tell me it's nothing tentacled, I'm still recovering from the last time..." the demon said.

"It's not that either. But thanks for reminding me, I needed to get the mental images back" the gynoid responded. "No, it's actually just a girl, from church...... who decided to pretty much stick around me like a magnet or something" Veronica said. "Anyway that's not important......... what are you doing? Casting some weird spell?"

"No, I just found this old book of fables and tales mom used to read to me when I was little" Noah said. "These are pretty famous among my kind, and the one I was reading is my favorite one. I don't really know how to translate it properly to human languages, but the title should mean something like 'unloved'"

"....lovely name for a child's tale" Veronica said arching an eyebrow, but Noah didn't pay attention to her, just looking at his book.

((*=translated from, as usual, lilim language))
Last edited by Prince Blanche on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:19 am

"I can't believe those are child's tales!" TOmmy said from the bed.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:30 am

"Hey, I come from another species, this is a sweet children's tale for us!" Noah said. "If I read it to you in english you'd see what I mean!" he added then smiling.

"As appealing as that sounds, I pass, thank you" Veronica responded.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:33 am

"You did though!" TOmmy pointed out.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 am

"No I didn't...." Noah said. "I was speaking in lilim" he pointed out then, still weirded out for Tommy's reaction. "Still, let me translate it a bit for you, I'm sure all your opinions will change once you two hear it?"

"Couldn't you just give us some sumamry before you start? You know, to know if we can hear it or run away in terror?" Veronica asked.

((The paragraph in the first post was lilim language, translated for the player's sake but untranslated in-game for the character. Sorry for causing confusion))
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:55 am

Tommy then said "You've told me it translated it before"
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:20 am

"Oh right......... I forgot....." Noah said blushing in embarrassment for having forgotten that. "Well, at least you heard it already. And besides, isn't it a cute children's tale?" Noah asked to Tommy. "It's about a young woman who is driven insane and traumatized and has to be sealed away" Noah said a bit too... lovingly about the tale.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:25 am

"NO! That's a horror tale!" Tommy said.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 am

"No, it's just a tale for little children. At least it is in my world" Noah said happily.

".......surprisingly I'm not impressed by that, but there is the lingering doubt of how a horror story would be if it came from your world" Veronica said.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 am

"That's not for small children!" Tommy said appalled.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:55 am

"Maybe not for human children, but it is not really supposed for them, it is suposed for lilim children. Lilim children don't exactly are like human children" Noah pointed out, seemingly flustered at Tommy deriding his book but not actually showing it.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am

"Darling you know how I am towards such things!" Tommy said.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:00 pm

"To each his own Tommy." Sean said smiling and waving at the three.

"Hey." Nate waved.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:06 pm

"Well, true, but it's just... this is just a children's story, from my world" Noah said. "And I understand how you are to these things, but it's just that horror stories for us are pretty different from this" he added then.

Hey guys" Veronica said to Nate and Sean when she saw them.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:53 pm

"But it is horrible there is no happily ever after!" Tommy said
Animal boy
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner