Christmas + PH + decorations = Hell

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Christmas + PH + decorations = Hell

Postby Darkness1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Twas the fortnight before Christmas and all through the dorm,
several teens were stirring, one or two purring.
With holly and ivy, and mistletoe and snow,
the dorm was ablaze with the festive glow.

But what was it really, that had them so cheery?
Was it nutcracker dreams with sugar plum seams?
Or gifts and celebrations, soon to be lamentations?
But one thing is true of this Christmas dream,
pandemonium was coming, for that is our theme.

It was true that the students had been stuck in the school for the Christmas holidays as recent attack by several super villains on several airports had left them damaged for the Christmas season, several storms also blew a great fearful gale. Ice and blizzard laid waste to the city, blanketing it in a frozen picture of hazardous white. So to ease the students boredom and frustration at being stuck in, Dr.Alexander let them tuck in. Baubles and tinsel flew through the air and even Thomas couldn't care. Aerial missiles flew passed his head, and it wouldn't do to retreat back to bed. Badly cut off from the relative norm, Thomas had wondered who was truly insane.

"Is it just me, or are people finally losing their grip on sanity? Or have they just had too much sugar this morning?" he asks no-one in particular.

Peeking from behind a Christmas tree Alex pokes his head out, "Hey, you're lucky you still have feeling in your arms, they're not letting me put this down until they're happy with the location of it. I've been standing like this for nearly an hour!" he whined with a sarcastic glower.

OOG: yeah games, festivities and fun within reason. Given this is one of those rps that have the potential to end up with couples being oh so mussy I've hired an old friend known as the Angel of Death to visit anyone who dares be overtly mushy. Sure have fun but for god sake, sex happens in the bedroom, not in the lounge.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Oni » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 pm

A certain currently-red-head-for-the-holiday-season cackled oh so meancingly as she stood a few feet in front of the tree. "Silly boys," she cooed, "I never had much of a grip on sanity to begin with...and someone gave me a gingerbread latte this mornign. So it's a bit of both." Faye smiled as she normally did and tilted her head a bit to the left to look at the tree from another angle. "little more to the left there, Alex."

Locke watched them and and carefully avoided Faye and her holiday reign of evil...and most of the other females for that matter. He was expecting similar responces from them once they found their own caffine sources. He settle against the wall and opted on watching out of the way. He had been looking forward to going home for the holiday, but with friends it couldnt be that bad to stick around PPA...

Right?

OOC: Omg the Angel of Death is here?! :D We're best friends
Oni
Sophomore

Postby Darkness1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Alex grinned like a lovestruck puppy and shifted the tree to the left with a lot of effort, panting a bit as he did so. Setting it down he smiles stupidly at Faye, "If that okay Faye? Or does it need moving again?" sure the kid's groaning inside if he has to move it, but he's also crushing on the girl so doesn't mind in truth.

Thomas' ears prick up at the word "latte", he looks around suspiciously weary of all the other students and stalks off like a predator after its prey to the kitchen determined that no one will stop him from obtaining caffeine and securing his coffee hype that day.

His catlike stalking effectively avoids several people freshmen who are bounding through the halls, luckily their dorm common room had a relatively small amount of freshmen or sane people. They had a way of culling the insanely-challenged population and keeping it to their freaky family. But soon the oh so familiar taste of a smooth latte graces his tongue and he's returned to heaven.

"All the bloodshed is worth it for this one cup. I don't care what the overtly sensitive heroes will say."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Veronica sat in one of the benches, calmly looking at her surroundings and at Faye and Alex. On a normal situation when there were no planes or anything to go back home, she could just try and teleport, but this time there were a few too many reasons not to do that: on the one hand, things could be a bit dull since she didn't have any friends and it would just be her and Ghislain, and on the other, Ghislain had concerted a date for that day and possibly a bit more for the holidays... and it would be difficult to do anything with Veronica around.

"Why the long face?" Noah asked her as he looked at her. He seemed pretty happy that day, even wearing a santa hat.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Just thinking" Veronica responded. "You on the other hand seem pretty chirpy today"

"Oh it's just the christmas spirit" Noah responded with a smile, which only prompted Veronica to raise her eyebrow.

"You're a demon. You don't celebrate christmas" the gynoid pointed out.

"Fine, fine. My family has the tradition that if I can't get to spend christmas with mom or dad, then grandma can come if she wishes and just drag me to hell to spend the time in there for a celebration that happens around these days. I'm just happy I managed to bargain with her to not take me... or at least to remain a little extra time in here. Things are a lot calmer here" Noah explained. "But why don't you go home? I mean, you can teleport, after all"

"It would take a little strain. And I have other reasons, nothing important..." Veronica said, going back to look at the other two.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

"Well actually I was the one who did the bargaining!" Tommy said giggling. He had styrofoam antler ears and a gigantic jingle bell around his neck.

"I convinced her that we wanted a romantic Christmas alone together!" Tommy said smiling and then gave her a package which seem to be full of dvd or cds like things! "Merry Christmas! And don't open till the day!"
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Travis lies flat on his back on the roof and groans softly. He’s been fighting the storm all morning, trying to force his will upon it. He lost of course, he doesn’t have anywhere near the power to fight a blizzard on his own and win.

He gets slowly to his feet, snow falls off him and despite the whirling air it doesn’t get replaced. He walks towards the door that will take him down of the roof, he hobbles a little at first but with each step he moves more easily.

At this time of year the Final Chill is closer and his strength restores itself that little bit faster.

The bottom of the door is snowed in. He frowns and flicks his fingers, the snow wriggles and moves away. He passes through the doorway and seals it behind him before making his way towards the schools lower levels.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Veronica raised an eyebrow as Tommy said what he did. "I won't open them, believe me. I want to keep the surprise" She said, smiling as she received the gift, before looking again at Noah and asking, in a quite sardonic voice: "Did that really convince Lilith to leave you here?"

"Errr.... yes, and we explained that we just wanted some time for ourselves and she agreed; it's not like she's too difficult to sway after all and I'm her grandson and she'd do anything for me if it benefits her..." Noah explained to Veronica. The gynoid kept looking at him with her eyebrow raised. "Ok, so I also had to promise I'd act to try and corrupt people in the city or... or like, help her get souls when I wasnt busy, but still, it worked to help us convince her" he added then. "And I will have to make some services in hell when I do get back there and all... and I may have given her some ideas for the holidays that might or might not involve a school trip to hell"

Veronica just sighed. "Meh, I've had worse christmases, and who knows, maybe a celebration in hell might be fun" she said as she stood up from her seat. Walking towards Alex and Faye, she then said "Hey you two. Doing anything interesting?"
Last edited by Prince Blanche on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 am

The door from outside opened abruptly and Marco jumped in, armed with snowballs, "Snowball Fi-" Kiran jumped in and tackled the boy to the floor.

"Bad idea! Bad idea!" Kiran shouted. He grabbed the snowballs and threw them outside before closing the door. He sighed deeply as Marco threw one he had hidden at his head. Kiran chased the boy around the common room, ripping off his winter jacket and gear so he could move freely. Before he knew it, Marco was pointing and laughing at his green Christmas Tree sweater vest and red dress shirt.

Kiran blushed, "Shut up! My mom made me wear it!" Marco continued to cackle.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 am

Dani staggered in the door with a christmas cake te size of England (slight exaggeration - only slight) on the white icing there was a full yuletide scene with two cabins, santa and his sleigh, ice skaters and a chorus of icing sculpted carollers.

"Somebody....help here" she grunted

Cameron entered and looked at Kiran and Marco writhing on the floor. A rudolph was clipped the the choker he wore. "Don't tell me people are at it already - what is it with this school?"

"Cam" Dani snarled.

"I carried the mince pies" he put the basket down.

"I ill kill you" growled as she managed to put the cake on the table. "Present from home" she sighed
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oni » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Faye didn't notice Alex's grin and simply focused on the moving of the tree. She tilted her head again to the other side before she gave the boy a thumbs up, "Perfect~!" she cooed, only slightly aware the tree was in the same place it started in.

She glanced back at Veronica and smiled, "Just trying to get this place a little more Holiday-y... Is that a word? No probably not," she shrugged. "Ah well you get the point. I know the school does its own decorating but we need to make it better since we're all kind of stuck here."

Locke glanced over at the door way and slipped around the almost-snowball-fight in order to help Dani get the cake to the table without any sort of incident. He glanced at it as it safely hit the table top before looking back at the girl. "Did they think that needed more sugar over 'ere?"
Oni
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:39 pm

"I see. I was never good with decorations, though I do count as the muscle for most of this moving stuff..." Veronica said. She noticed that Alex had placed the tree exactly where it had been, but guessed that either Faye also noticed it, or that pointing it out would cause a rampage (or perhaps, her asking Alex to move it somewhere else again and keep him like that for two more hours), and so preferred not to say anything. "Must admit you're doing wonders with this place.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:23 am

Kiran stood up stark red, either from racing around the room or embarrassment. "You're one to talk Cam. At least everyone else waits till the holidays." Kiran smiled, "And more for my safety instead of yours Faye has placed mistletoe, there, there and there. I recommend we never get near each other within ten feet of those."

"Why?" Marco asked, confused.

"Well, we don't like each other too much and well, his kiss can be deadly." Marco made a scared, frightened noise before heading off to observe the cake. "How did they ship this so well? Who made it?" Marco asked Dani.

Kiran walked up next to Faye. "Nice tree...so how should we decorate this? We've got......" He dug through some boxes "Tinsel, broken lights, wait, we've got some unopened ones underneath this crushed wreath."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Cam shrugged. "Holidays. I never had very many of them, Alistairs Birthday was the 21st - and all I ever heard was how that was happening soon" he shrugged. "and since when do you wait?"

Dani growled. "Men...the cake was built by Mrs. Helmsley, the housekeeper from my family estate - i say built because her cakes are art - the mince pies are a national treasure im sure...as for how it got over here...plane...it had two seats to itself and a chaperone who was on the flight anyway."

"I would imagine he did himself an injury trying to carry it" Cam sighed.

"No cake for you"

"You wouldn't dare"

"Try me"

"You need every mouth on deck to finish that monster before 2040"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:23 pm

OOG: sorry have been slightly busy all week.

Thomas walked out of the kitchen to observe Kiran and Marco's fight and Cam's commentary on the matter. He barely contains a laugh as the two enemies bicker and work off each other, "Jeez, if this was a bad sitcom they'd be sleeping with each other."

However he notices Kiran's notification of mistletoe placements and cautiously tip-toes around them in order to avoid any potential awkward situations. He walks over to see the cake and smiles "Need any help Dani?" he asks though he's expecting a potential slap for only now turning up to help. Placing his coffee down on the table he kneels down and begins to help Dani lift the cake, "So where to ma'am?"

Alex grumbles under his breath as Thomas talks with Dani, deciding a bit of low key revenge is in order, an illusionary "kick me" appears on the back of Thomas' shirt, with Alex grinning to himself in childish pride. However he soon feels a shift in the trees wait and struggles to keep it upright, even swaying a tad, "Gah! Help! The pines! It burns!" he yells.

Outside snow continues to fall, pitter patter, pitter patter snowflakes line the school gardens and green. The blanket of white seemingly engulfing even more of the scenery, "So how long until we resort to cannibalism?" Thomas muses in twisted humour.

Pitter patter, we're as mad as a hatter.
Flitter and shimmer, the glee becomes dimmer.
Do not glower, for soon is our hour.
Laugh and rejoice, you'll soon lose your voice.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 am

Travis makes his way into the room and pauses wide eyed at the sight of the cake to end all cakes. Apparently acting without consulting his mind his hand reaches out and steals Thomas’ coffee off the table and taking a long drag.

He flinches slightly, not enough sugar but the displeasure is outweighed by the sheer unadulterated glory in front of him.

Oh Goddess, I think I’m going to have to convert.
candyman1989
Junior

Next

Return to RP Corner