The Mirror of Cerridwen

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby QPuff » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:47 am

Well Richard was wrong about one thing, Nicky had been able to control at least one reaction. Sipping his hot chocolate he nearly spit it out when Travis appeared out of nowhere. It wasn't unexpected but the guy had some major stealth moves. Nicky just kept a smile on his face as Travis spoke and left, Mainly being kept calm by his own powers.

Nicky thought back to Travis's medical file which he had snuck a peek at while helping out in the ward. He thought to himself for awhile. "It seems he has improved his distance quite a bit from the year I got to the school. Testing his range was risky but it was needed. Richard he's just like you, I wonder if that's why you warned me."

Coming out of his private conversation in his head, He slinked around the museum like a cat, Stopping mid stride a he came to a conclusion. "Travis wasn't all bad, He could have really put me in my place but he didn't. Well actually most of the people here aren't as bad as I expected them to be." Nicky smiled his first unforced smile ever and slipped on the audio cassette and continued walking enjoying his visit to the museum.
I'm a witch what can I tell you ?
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby Oni » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:28 am

Locke shook his head, smiling a bit at Kiran's over enthusiasm. "If ye say so, Kiran," he replied as the boy continued to ramble before finally catching himself. Seemed it was contagious if he was blaming Marco for it, made Locke a bit happy he wasnt one to associate with the Italian all that much. He nodded to Nicky and then to Kirian as both of them wandered off, leaving him to his own doings again. Eventually though he made his way to the cafeteria as well since most of the others seemed to be gathering there.

Faye smiles as she catches Thomas' smirk. "Ooo a plot of vengence, you know you can count me in," she chirped before numner 32 was called. She let go of his neck for a moment and scurried over to pick up her way-too-sugary-for-11am drink before scurrying back. "Okay. Now I'm ready," she chirped.
Oni
Sophomore

Postby QPuff » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 am

Nicky roamed the museum in a relaxed mood, Turning the corner he stepped into some sawdust. He looked down and notice this was the spot where he made that guy throw up. "Gross....Well I guess I deserved that." Hopping on one foot he went into the men's restroom and cleaned his shoe.

Walking back to the cafe not letting the recent vomit encounter dampen his good mood, He smiled and gave a small wave as he joined the rest of the group and sat down reading a pocket comic. Remembering what his councilor said. If he wanted to fit in he had to keep calm and not let his social awkwardness get the best of him.
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 am

Thomas stalks with Faye along after the cryomancer... they stick to the shadows as to not be seen yet to make the mage realise that someone or something was stalking him. The transgression that Travis had made was one Thomas could not let go unpunished and it would more than likely amuse him and Faye to no end especially when they get back to the school and inform Madi all about the little misdeed.

----

Alex continues to walk through the exhibit, sometimes nodding or going "Mhm," at random points to try and cover up that he wasn't really listening and more focused on simply taking photos of all the ancient artifacts. From the corner of his eye something shiny and sparkly glints. A glint of silver that can only be noticed when you're not focusing on it, it disappeared when you looked to see what it was. Curiosity killed the cat, then skinned it, boiled the flesh and tanned the hide. A similar thing tends to happen in films, where you know you shouldn't go inspect but you're powerless to stop your legs, and so Alex's legs carry him away from Marco though he's sure the boy would follow but he moves into another one of the displays.

The sight that greets him is surreal, three cauldrons stand in the room. Each a masterpiece of crafting and skill yet each unlike the other... a vague sense of power and fear surrounds them. One is carved of silver, and adorned with images of animals and a horned figure with a torque and horned serpent. The second is of Iron, but several fragments are broken and some lost, it seems the least impressive though it's history is riddled with blood, death and rebirth. The last is one of gold and wisdom, the rim stained with green precipitate that looked poisonous and rust coloured dust at the bottom. Something told Alex that these weren't ordinary cauldrons used for cooking but for something more.

OOG: A star for the person who can deduce what these three cauldrons are, they're all folkloric except for the first one. So yeah go on, I've given the clues.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby QPuff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Looking up from his comic Nicky noticed someone heading into an unexplored section of the museum with a guy following after him. Looking down at the comic then back at the direction they walked. His curiosity got the better of him. He slowly stood up and slipped out of sight tip toeing down the hall picturing in his head what was going on. "Maybe they snuck away to make out....or or maybe their gonna steal something....or are they trading pokemon cards ?" He beamed at the last thought knowing he had a few cards in his pocket to trade.

Slowly he crept along the way and peeked his head over the side of the corner. It wasn't what he expected. They were just looking at a display of three cauldrons. Nicky looked at the first one, He'd seen it before in class, The others he didn't recognize. It was called the Gudenstrup cauldron and it might have been Celtic he thought. He felt goosebumps crawl up his spine. Slowly backing away hiding a bit more he stared at the size of it. He slept through most of class that day but he faintly remembered that a cauldron that size was probably used for sacrificial purposes. Slightly gulping he stared at the other two cauldrons wondering what they were for.
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby TailsofElements » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:37 pm

"Hey Travis!" Kiran waltzed up to the cyromancer and put his arm around the boy, "How are you doing?" Kiran proceeded to mouth words to make sure Faye couldn't over hear him, hoping he remembered correctly that Travis could read lips. "Faye and Thomas are trying to jump you," he mouthed. Kiran patted his shoulder and laughed before walking off again smirking and winking at the stalking pair.

Marco crouched near the old, broken cauldron. "This seems so familiar. Like I've seen it somewhere before. It kind of reminds me of the cauldron from Macbeth...hmm, I've never actually seen that play...." Marco stared into space before coming back to reality. "I wonder what your story is. If only I had that cool power that chick on Heroes had before Sylar stole it. You know, the one where you know any object's history through touch? That would be so cool."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:02 am

Travis smiles wryly at Kiran’s retreating back, the boy meant well at least.

I can’t read lips, or understand sign language when Gryf’s not around for that matter. That said a basic understanding of human nature as well as cause and effect means I think I know what he was trying to tell me.

He takes another long slurp of his coffee and wanders smirking into the room with the cauldrons. He shivers when he crosses the room’s threshold and his gaze goes straight to the three.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 am

Thomas wanders in and goes to pounce on Travis, he however stops at the last moment as the boy looks at him. He spots Kiran trying to hide, and glowers at him before walking away without sparing him a second glance. He walks over to the cauldrons and merely reads over the information given, only one was named but guesses were made as to the identity of the others.

"How very quaint, non? Hard to imagine such craft from that age, Travis do they give off any magic or anything like that? Because they seem the bubble bubble type." Thomas asks without looking up.

Alex takes a few more snaps before spotting the new student and picking up a stray thought of him making out with Marco. Alex gags and looks for the nearest bathroom before sprinting away to try and block out the images. You know when you get images you don't want to see? It's even worse when you're an illusionist.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 am

Travis doesn’t answer at first, he walks forward and stands closer to them. His eyelids flutter closed.

“Wisdom, knowledge. The death of Gwion and the birth of Taliesin.”

His eyes open and he frowns gently.

“You’re a long way from home aren’t you?”

He shakes his head.

“No, there’s no magic here. Not the kind you mean anyway. This has a history, a legend and there is power in that certainly but it’s long dormant.”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 am

There's the deliberate and sure sound of footsteps heard and from the furthest exit walks a blond haired teen, pale skin and casual clothes of a calm demeanour. He's on his own yet struts with confidence and self assurance that isn't in a smirk but in his complete assurance that he doesn't give a damn about anyone else in the room.

He sees his target and walks calmly up to the shattered iron cauldron, the red tinged rust and dim carvings attract him like a moth to a flame. "Of all the caludrons in all the world none are like you are they?" he asks the cauldron rhetorically. "So far from home and broken but we'll fix you again... all you need is blood."

He stands back up and smirks before moving onto another display, before he leaves however he looks once over to Travis and smirks, his iris turning a shade of red before returning to green. "Good day."
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 am

Krilla glides through the exhibits making her way towards the touch of familiar minds. She’s in her guise of Cassandra Star, a young black woman with dreadlocks, pretty but not stunning you don’t tend to look twice at her. She enters the room as the boy is leaving and something draws her eye to him, she brushes his mind even more lightly then most, enough to disguise herself but not glimpse his thoughts.

Travis follows the stranger with his eyes until he’s out of sight.

“That remains to be seen…”
candyman1989
Junior

Previous

Return to RP Corner