The Mirror of Cerridwen

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

The Mirror of Cerridwen

Postby Darkness1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Notes: I'm attempting a long winded rp for a change and I'm going to try for a new feel to it, there'll be a few laughs and all that but the rp isn't going to be all ha ha ha. One word of warning is that this rp will be containing time travel, so I advise the utmost of care with your characters as we don't want paradoxes. Only real rule is this: Your characters are mortal, it sucks but that's the way this reality works and being mortal they have limits, you know what they are, we know what they are, so let's stick to them.

The rp itself is fairly straightforward, at least in terms of the usual "Oh noes! Dah bad guyz haz stolen teh cookiez! Wi must stp themz pdq!". Except the real question is what is a villain? Who is the villain? Why has the villain stolen the cookies? And so on and so forth... yeah for some reasons cookies popped into my head. The rp takes place in several places and when you are moved there/then you might want to research a tad into the history as it may help you understand. Of course in Medieval Albion or Eire I doubt they would have brilliant mobile signal so mobile phones are out of the question to use wikipedia on. What your characters know will help a lot, just don't overdo it. Everything is fine in moderation except air, that's better in excess.

Pacific City Museum, January 10th 11:24 am

The students have arrived at the city's museum, being governed by the rather lax Pandora La Croix they're mostly left to their own devices. Several exhibits are on at the moment ranging from the mummified corpses of the long dead pharaohs and the armour of ancient Greece to the relatively scarce hoards of Anglo-Saxon and neolithic Britannic treasure on loan from the British Museum. The day is rather cold and there's snow starting to fall, the café is open if anyone wants to buy a coffee or warm drink and audio guides are available at the reception desk.

Noticing that the thermometer is a surprisingly tropical -1.5 Celsius, Thomas makes his way quickly and objectively to the cafe. In his mind there was only one thing that would warm and wake him up enough to enjoy the exhibits that were on show. Walking up and picking a large latte with four sugars the french boy sips in irritation, although he wanted to be there he wasn't exactly happy at having only got seven hours of sleep.

(Now this may seem strange but in their natural environments, Thomasus slothiflirtum requires in excess a minimum of 10 hours sleep a day. Being in his current school however this figure is severely reduced resulting in him being cranky as.)

Despite his bitching, groaning and general antisocial demeanour the french boy continues to sip and glance menacingly at the mammoth model, sure that it meant him harm. It'll take a few more minutes for the sugar and caffeine to hit him and until then he keeps a safe distance from the others.

Alex on the other hand being a cheery and generally naive kid has just been found out as overtly snap happy with a camera. Mammoths, yawning students and even a display on the discovery and use of penicillin are all made victim to his obsessive clicking. He earns a few looks from other visitors who judging by his accent now happily ignore him because he's European. Those who's trace thoughts he does pick up as being snarky suddenly find their owners walking into a wall or other blunt object.

But soon Alex finds the one thing he came to capture on camera... the Anglo-Saxon hoard, he's a bit creeped out by the gold war bracelet carved with the image of a horse in honour of Eostre, but he's soon placated as his magpie gene kicks in and contemplates whether or not to take multiple shots.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby TailsofElements » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 am

Kiran returned from the cafe carrying a strawberry milkshake, receiving odd looks from the freezing patrons. He silently read about an exhibit from Greece about Aphrodite's Necklace and chuckled to himself, thinking how stupid the Greek God Champion would look wearing the gaudy jewelery.

"You know, the light right here captures the beauty of the bracelet better or at least...I think so. I can't remember if ever kissed a photographer," Marco told Alex, "If that is what you want to take a picture of. I just assumed since you were gazing at it like you gaze at some of the pretty girls."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby QPuff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Pher nervously walked around muttering to himself. "My first trip out of school and it has to be at a crappy museum, Who thinks of these places to visit!" Pher drops his snarl when walking by other people forcing a sweet smile to his face. Making his way to the reception desk he asked for an audio guide and walked off, Slipping in his I-pod ear phones from his back pocket, Carefully slipping on the wider audio headphones over them. Listening to his favorite song he made his way down the Pharaoh exhibit. "Pfft, Why the dead need that much clothing is beyond me." Suddenly knocked to the ground Pher looked up at the loud couple that has been giggling all morning. The girl helped him up while her boyfriend just rolled his eyes. Pher laced her hand with a small dose of pheromones as he walked off. Moments later when the girl brushed her bf's cheek with her hand, He coughed then puked all over the floor.

Smirking to himself, Pher made his way back to the cafe. Ordering some hot chocolate with marshmallow's, He gazed around the museum. "I guess it wouldn't be such a bad place if I knew anyone here." He looked down to the right and only noticed the guy with the camera who's been obsessively clicking away. There was someone with him. Looking down to the left he noticed someone with a cold strawberry shake. "In this weather ?" He quickly shut his mouth smiling up at the ceiling. "Focus Nicky focus, Keep your thoughts to yourself for now." Pher mumbled to himself, He had to keep control, He had to keep up his appearance of being the "nice" classmate. "This...is hell...mmm but this chocolate is delicious!"
I'm a witch what can I tell you ?
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby Oni » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:54 pm

While some people would rather be anywhere but at the museum, Locke seemed to have aligned himself on the side of students that truely didnt mind the place. Growing up in a place old enough to be a museum itself tended to do that to a person. For all the tech in the basement of the Lab, the rest of the place was maintained in its old glory.

He looked over at Marco and Alex, chatting and clicking away before glancing at the map of the museum in his hands. He was already in the Anglo-Saxon area.... now where to go? He gave up figuring out the brightly marked map and stuffed it in his pocket before walking over to one of the displays of war remains. Might as well see what was in here first.

Faye was still waiting for her way-too-sugary-mocha-coffee-conction to be finished when she saw Thomas trying to sneak out of sight and wake up. A good friend would leave the poor boy alone and wake up. A best friend would amuse themselves and wake the boy up in their own special way.
Faye was happy she thought herself to be in the second category.

While listening for her number to be called back for pick up, she silenced her steps and crept over behind the French boy. She grinned, blue hair falling into her face as she jumped, her hands latching on and shaking his shoulders, "Good Morning~!!"
Oni
Sophomore

Postby QPuff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Feeling bored after his drink Pher tossed his cup into the trash and wandered around for awhile until an older woman bumped into him. She muttered an apology walking off. Pher rolled his eyes. "Got cataracts old lady sheesh." It was then that he spotted someone he sort of recognized. It was Locke, A tall sophomore who seemed alright. After looking around Pher walked up and stumbled into Locke's shoulder gently. "Oww, Oh I'm so sorry. I'm pretty clumsy most of the time. I'm Nicky by the way."

Not a very graceful introduction but Pher finds it helps with his acting. "Don't you just love old museums ? Their so interesting and full of history." Pher lied through his teeth, But it was better than being a stick in the mud all by himself, Even if something about the museum creeped him out.
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby Oni » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Locke continued to look over the artifacts, reading the things on the cards beside each piece before looking to the next one. He didnt notice when someone was coming towards him until he was justled forward a bit, his hand quickly going out and pressing to the rail to make sure he didnt stumble and look like too much of a fool.

Black eyes focused on the person before him, recognizing him as one of the new students... Nick-Something or Other; he'd only heard the name in passing. "It's fine," he said smiling at him, "Dun worry 'bout it. Nice ta meet ye Nicky, me name's Locke," he greeted, pulling his hand back to his side; not bothering with a handshake in case the kid wasn't used to slightly less than human features.

Locke continued to smile before nodding, "They are, it's fun ta see what some people think o te past. Mythology an all, most would say it's false but then tere are some of us who prove 'em wrong. Besides, we learn from history's mistakes."
Oni
Sophomore

Postby QPuff » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Nicky smiled down at the different artifacts. "That's a nice way of thinking, But not a lot of people learn from history's past let alone their own past." Before an awkward moment could come Nicky wrapped his arms around Locke's bicep while using a relaxant pheromone so they both kept calm. "Don't mind me, I get panic attacks a lot in new places and it helps to have something to hold onto, And you already know about the clumsy thing so it's not a good combination is it ?." Although he wasn't comfortable with invading Locke's personal space he needed to keep himself calm along with his new pal, Or he really would have a panic attack.

Slowly guiding them down the exhibit to look at further artifacts Nicky made sure to keep close to the main group in case they had to go to another spot when the teacher called.

Finally noticing the headphones still on his head Nicky blushed and slipped his I-pod phones out of his ears hiding them quickly as he took the guide earphones off. Nervously laughing he looked up at Locke. "I kind of forgot I had these on." Looking down at the cassette he peeked back up to his new friend and offered it to him. "Wanna listen ? You will probably find it more intriguing then I did."
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:40 pm

There’s a blur of movement and with Thomas distracted by Faye Travis manages to snatch the boy’s coffee and vanish while he’s still recovering from the shock.

Travis wanders along the exhibits happily. He’s at a museum and after several minutes of glaring and nearly getting kicked out he’s managed to conclude that the mummified pharaohs probably aren’t going to come to life and try and murder them all. All in all life is good.

Plus coffee he didn’t have to pay for. Slurp.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:02 pm

"I saw that deaf monkey," Kiran called as he continued to train his eyes on the exhibit, "You should be ashamed, messing with him is one thing, messing with his caffeine is a low blow." Kiran smirked. He wasn't looking in front of him, his sight still manipulated on Travis and ran into Locke and Nicky. "Oops, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking. Oh, hey Locke." Kiran made eye contact with Nicky before looking away quickly. "Sorry, I forgot that it freaks some people out when a blind eyes stare at them. I've seen you around before in English...Nicholas right? I'm Kiran Stevens."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Oni » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Faye watched Travis run by and steal the coffee before a drop could be spilt. She laughed loudly as she hung around Thomas' neck, watching him go before calling after him, "Ninja!"

So Locke was a bit of a romantic when it came to certain things, nothign to be awkward about. But the arm latching, that was awkward. And it was a very good thing little Nicky had the ability to calm one down with his pheromones or he'd have an ansty little feral on his hands. Locke still had issues about being grabbed suddenly, especially by people he didn't know so well.

But the pheromone surpressed those nasty little flight urges and kept Locke where he was; at Nicky's side. He followed along in step before Nicky removed the headphones which Locke had hardly noticed; there were too many in the school who used headphones for show to think someone actually used them. "I'm fine without 'em," he said before, for the second time today, he was walked into. Did he have some sort of magnet today? "'Ello Kiran," he said with a nod of his head.
Oni
Sophomore

Postby QPuff » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

Nicky put the audio cassette into his back pocket and was slightly startled feeling someone bump into him and Locke, He turned to see a classmate with an interesting shade of blue eyes. Smiling trying not to make Kiran self-conscious, He introduced himself. "Is it English ? I tend to mix up classes and classmates all the time." The real truth was that Nicky used his powers to put himself to sleep in school most of the time, He doubts he even knows most of his teachers names. "Most people just call me Nicky, It's a pleasure to meet you."

Nicky gazed to the side with his peripheral vision noticing Travis. Slightly tensing he hid behind Locke's shoulder a bit. He remembered the vague warning his foster dad had given him about Travis. Nicky glanced at his profile in the medical records once. He was a tough guy with the all experience he had. Nicky made sure to steer clear of him just in case his foster dad was correct on his warning. Finally remembering there was someone in front of him he smiled again hoping his tension wasn't noticed. "Cold today isn't it ?"
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby TailsofElements » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:26 am

"For California? Yes? For the middle of January, no. Massachusetts was so much colder around this time of the year. We got two feet of snow on my 14th birthday. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE COLD!" Kiran said lowly, just to make sure the stuck out at Travis's subtitles, "But really, sometimes you want a little warm sun on your face. You know what I mean Locke? It's like eating so much ice cream that you wish you had some hot fudge to warm it up and get rid of the brain freeze." Kiran paused as he heard evil laughter from across the museum. "That pest has me rambling now too! Excuse me while I go murder my roommate."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby QPuff » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 am

Nicky noticed Locke's friends were gathering closer together and it was almost lunch time, He turned to Locke with a small smile. "Excuse me Locke, I'm gonna get a drink real quick." Walking back to the cafe Nicky wore snarl on his face thinking back to his foster dad Richard.

Richard was always giving Nicky vague warnings and clues about things. He did it to freak Nicky out so he'd behave. "Just because you act like an adult doesn't mean you are one. You're still a brat, You can't control everyone, You need to get that through your head." Is what he'd tell Nicky all the time.

He snapped his fingers as the answer came to him while waiting for his next cup of hot chocolate. "That must be it, Travis must not be susceptible to my powers." Nicky pulled out his mobile scrolling to his picture of Richard. "You just wait old man, I'll find a way to put you in your place. That will wipe that smirk off your face!" Nicky stared up at the cafe attendant who was raising an eyebrow at him. "What do you think your staring at? You piece of sh....I mean, What? haven't you seen someone talk to themselves before?" Nicky turned around holding his tantrum back while looking at everyone as he sipped his hot chocolate. "Maintain focus must maintain focus."
QPuff
Prospective Student

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:27 am

Travis frowns and steps behind an exhibit, a moment later he’s at the other end of the hall and comes up on Nicky from behind.

“Well actually talking to yourself is something of a past time at this school.”

His tone is light, like he’s discussing the weather. Under the bright lights of the café he gives the boy a weighing look.

“This little piece could be quite useful to you, consider it a welcoming gift. Names have power. I might not be able to hear but I know what the people around me say more clearly then most. You might not be able to see me but my subtitles ignore volume it’s distance that effects what I hear and my name usually attracts my attention.”

Taking a slurp of his coffee he nods at Pher and pivots. He’s gone in seconds, lost in the busy café crowd.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:40 am

Thomas doesn't react to the fact he's been ninja-ed, his coffee has been stolen and he's seen another student exhibit what he'd class as bi-polarity. He just stares at empty space with a murderous look in his eyes, Travis was going to pay, oh pay so very dearly for this. He gets up and sighs and turns round to smirk at Faye "You know... I need your help to get back at snowballs, would you be interested in helping?"

----

Alex is busily snapping away and not paying a lot of attention to Marco, he hears the word girls however and it's as if he's been hit by a wet fish "Gah where? Do I look alright? Is my hair oka..." he looks at his reflection in the glass and makes a few subtle shifts in his appearance. "There, all better now just like the system."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Next

Return to RP Corner