The Faded Star

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby The Hellion » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Dani eyed the pendant and gave it a poke for good measure. "Huh wonder if its cursed" she mused

Cam on the other hand had gone to pick up the watch. "Stylish" he mused as he kneeled down
The Hellion
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:38 am

"This is not good at all," Kiran commented, "Let's face it, Travis is one of our best and it's as if this house owns everything that's inside it. We can barely use our powers without inciting an attack and something knows what we're here for."

"I want to try something," Marco commented as he stepped inside the circle and dusted the remains of watch to the side with his foot, "Hopefully this will explain things better." Marco sat in the center of the circle, taking up a meditative position he had seen Travis do several times. "Can I have the pendant please?"

"But you can't do-" Kiran started.

"I know but it doesn't," Marco answered. Krilla could easily tell that Kiran's last word was magic.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am

Alex sees where Marco's going and raises a cynical eyebrow, "Not wanting to be a downer but if the thing attacked Travis for using magic, and it got him do you really want to provoke the house further?"

Thomas shivers at the feeling of cold breath, it wasn't nice and he got the feeling that he really wasn't welcome at all in the place. Once more he sends out a psychic wave in the hopes that one of the others might pick up on it and tell him where they are. He holds his arms over each other and walks anxiously as the shadows seem to just grow around him.

"I hate places like this. Why can't the ghosts ever haunt somewhere like Happy Fun Super Safe Land or something?"
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby ShastaB24 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm

"Are you sure that's necessary?" Vince asked. Amber was curled up to him, and he could feel her frightened breaths on his neck. "Amber is freaked out enough as it is."

Amber had her eyes shut. She could hear what they were saying, but she didn't want to watch. It was all too much. She was used to only getting glimpses of ghosts and now, when she ever opened her eyes, she was afraid she'd see them all around her, menacing her. Please take over, George, she thought, but she knew he wouldn't.

"You do know she can see ghosts, right?" Vince ventured. It was a fairly new development for her, so he wasn't sure what others knew.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:50 am

Krilla pats Alex on the shoulder vaguely.

“There there, we have to try something.”

She glances over at Amber and Vince.

“I understand the atmosphere is unsettling but we can’t just stand around and wait, unless you have a suggestion we should allow Marco to attempt this.”

When Dani touches the pendant it’s surface seems to darken for a moment but the effect fades when it’s passed to Marco. In his hands…nothing happens. Contrary to Alex’s fears though nothing happens.

The group stand around for a moment then Krilla pipes up again.

“Well it was worth a try. Where did that watch come from anyway?”
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 am

Kale motioned vaguely in the direction of the staircase. "Came down the stairs. Now that we're down proving how smart it is and how silly we are, think we can actually go about doing something useful?"

Gryf rolled his eys and shook his head. *Such as?*

"Well, for one, maybe understanding what we're dealing with might be a good idea. We keep calling this place haunted, but that's like saying bread is flour. The exact nature of the haunting could vary wildly. There's a single angry ghost, or a build up of emotions that infuse the spot, Many spirits working together, etc. It could even be a genuis loci, need I go on? We don't know what we're dealing with and that's dangerous. Maybe we should figure that out before we try to piss it off."
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby TailsofElements » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:15 pm

"I wasn't trying to piss it off," Marco commented, "If magic brought it forth onto Travis, I was hoping it would bring it forward again and it's not the end of the world if we lose me in this situation. I really have nothing to add to this situation since I can't touch a ghost and I can't do magic." Marco stood up and gave the pendant to Kiran.

"The bright lady..." Kiran said looking at the pendant, remembering Travis mentioning her on several occasions. "Well, not use standing around here all the time. Let's go see this maze of Kale's." Kiran turned on his flashlight and it shone on Thomas. "Well hello there Mr. I like to creep in the dark." He smiles before turn the flashlight on the stairs. "Shall I go first?"
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Kale worked his mouth wordlessly as he stared at Marco. "Not the end of the world if we lose you? Are you out of your mind?! This isn't a school trip, this is bloody dangerous! Its not like your just going to be nabbed and then plopped into a room with tea and biscuits to wait while the rest of us go on, you could get killed, you idiot!"

His frustration seeping through, he next statement came out far more cold than he intended as he addressed Kiran. "Unless the Bright Lady is shaped like curvy diamond with a checkerboard on her chest, I doubt that's a depiction of her."

Gryf moved over to stand at a right angle to Marco, putting his hand on the other boy's shoulder. *Do not take it personally, he is not in a good mood.* He shot an angry glance at Kale which was quite ignored.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby Darkness1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 pm

"Well I did more than creep in the dark with you Kiran so please don't annoy me into blabbing details I've been asaulted by furniure and other things required for burning." Thomas threatens and holds a hand in front of his eyes "And please take the light out of my face it's a tad bright non?"

Alex nods and relaxes at Krilla's words, "Youre right we have to try something but not at the risk of harming another of us, and Marco you're not expendable by a longshot."

He listens to the conversation about he Bright Lady and furrows his eyebrows "Who or what is she? Is she a spirit, demon or something?"

Thomas places a hand on Kale's shoulder and massages it slightly, "Mon ami please calm down, we'll find him don't worry."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 am

Where as in Dani’s hands the pendant blackened faintly in Kiran’s it seems to shine ever so dimly.

“Kale’s right in that we need to know more about what we’re dealing with before we can decide on a course of action.”

Krilla makes her way towards the stairs.

“I’m going to take a look at the effect you mentioned earlier. See if I can find a way to get past what ever it was doing to the landscape. I suggest we split up and look for clues. If someone would be kind enough to accompany me? We should stay in groups for safety.”

Being from another planet Krilla is totally unaware of the Scooby Doo quote.
Last edited by candyman1989 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:23 am

"I'll go with you Krilla," Kiran pipped up, "I prefer someone with mental powers in these dark situations and you and Gryf the only ones that won't kill me..." He threw the pendant's straps around his neck and tucked it into his shirt to keep it secure.

Marco just rolled his eyes at Kale. "I'm sorry MOM, but I'm pretty sure I'd have been fine especially with two psychics and two elemental on standby and the fact that risking my wellbeing is worth saving Travis's life if he still has it. Nevertheless, arguing is not required at the moment so if you care to join my a jaunt around the lower levels for clues that would be most appreciated," Marco blinked, confused at himself for a second, "I'm beginning to hate these mentality swings."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 am

"Damn, there aren't enough characters to give each of us a name. Still I claim Velma." Kale's mood had lessened and he shrugged off Thomas, though not unkindly. "Thanks", he muttered.

"Okay, Marco. we can pair up. But please don't do anything like that," he nodded towards the circle, "again. We have no idea what might happen next time. Come on." He started looking for a way to the basement, pulling out a flashlight from his satchel.

Gryf stood there with his hands in his pockets, watching the group start to split up for a moment, trying to wrap his mind around if it was a good idea. It certainly always ended badly in the movies. Sighing, he brought hsi hands up and addressed the remaining group. *There is more to this level, I am sure. Would someone like to search it with me?*

Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 am

“Very well, let get moving.”

With Kiran in tow Krilla makes her way up the stairs using her torch to light the steps. As they reach the first floor they find themselves at a corridor. Down to the left are the elevators, not working with the lack of power in the place. To the right the corridor turns out of sight.

As Kale and Marco make their way downstairs it gets steadily darker. Travis lantern which one of them had picked up seems to give less light then it should and the atmosphere is positively smothering. In the distance they can hear the dripping of water and the path breaks into three. Left, right and straight on.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 am

Dani followed Krilla, here eyes piercing the darkness completely. She followed slowly, placing each foot carefully, wary of rotten floorboards and other nasty pitfalls.

Cam moved after Kale very carefully. He could feel a presence for sure and didn't want to try his luck with it.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Kale shone his flashlight down the three passages before them. "Right....I say we go left. Its always been lucky for me." Despite what he had just said, Kale moved towards the opening on the right.

"And for the record, why do hauntings always have to have bad lighting and dark dank corridors? Haven't spirits ever heard of interior decorating?"

Gryf went back over the receptionist desk where he left his own flashlight, grabbed it and moved back to the few remaining students. *Alright, I am exploring, are you guys going to come or not?*
Gryphon
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner