The Faded Star

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby TailsofElements » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:23 am

"This spirit prefers darkness," Marco commented, calmly looking around, "Makes sense that it wouldn't like Travis too much with his Bright Lady....If I remember paranormal club back in Italia, these spirits prefer darkness because the element of surprise and tricking the heightened hearing from lost of sight allows them to take people easier. So if you hear anything loud, don't freak but if you hear something quiet, that's where you want to keep an eye on." Marco nodded to Kale, "Better to try each one together instead of splitting again anyways.

------

"Hmm, creepy elevator shafts," Kiran squinted as he made out their faint shape, "I'd rather avoid those for now, a corridor seems safer than a fast drop or an elevator car smashing my head in."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 am

"But... are we gonna have to split up?" Amber asked, still fearful of the spirits in the dark.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 am

Krilla nods and makes her way down the corridor.

"You're probably right, the corridor is likely safer for now."

The trio of Dani Krilla and Kiran wander down the hallway and turn the corner. after a few turns the find themselves able to see the elevator, they're back where they started.

"Well thats annoying."

As Kale Cam and Marco walk head down the right hand passageway that Kale called left they can hear the water dripping sound get louder in the distance.

On the ground floor Gryf and maybe others eventually manage to find a large ornate passageway. It appears one minute and is gone the next, eventually it becomes clearly you can only see it when you aren't looking directly at it.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Tue May 11, 2010 10:24 pm

"Tone out the dripping noise," Marco commented, "Chances are it doesn't matter and is only going to distract our sense. If it does matter, we'll find out when we find it."

"Looks like Kale has it head on," Kiran hmmed, "If we can't get anywhere in the corridor there must be a trick to it or we're going to have to try the elevator. Let's try walking the corridor and after a couple turns, backtrack the way we came. That might work."
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Wed May 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Gyf stopped, standing in such a way that he was facing away from the mystery corridor except on the extreme edges of his vision. Then, moving his head to continually keep it just out of direct sight, he begins walking sideways, towards it, trying to enter it without ever looking directly at it.

---------------------

Kale glanced at Marco. "They should get it fixed, it's probably sending their water bill through the roof.....which might explain the condition of the roof as well." He continued forward, moving his flashlight across the path trying to avoid any nasty tripping hazards.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 pm

"Maybe George could do something about that dripping, then," Vince posited to Kale, while also trying to lighten Amber's spirits.

"He's not coming out," Amber said. "But he does love playing with water." Her grip loosened a bit as her mind focused a little on the new topic.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 am

They try Kiran's suggestion a couple of times but to no avail.

"It's like a maze. There must be a way through though, whatever is here can't mess with space like that can it?"

Gryf staggers as he passes through the threshold but now there is nothing messing with his perception and he can see down the passageway. At the end there are a large set of double doors which have been tied shut with a grey fraying rope. There is a plaque to the left of the door.

The path leads them deeper down and eventually they find a trio of steel doors, one labelled laundry, another labelled utilities and a third labelled kitchen.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue May 25, 2010 4:04 am

Dani massaged her temples. "Yay we're looped on a sodding rerun" she looked around searching for any changes in the surroundings.

Cam listened carefully to the sounds around him, stretching out his senses for any shadows of strong emotion beyond any of the three doors.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby TailsofElements » Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm

"Let's take a look around us, maybe there is something that can show us the way around the maze like following a rug pattern or maybe even a repetitive noise. Think Legend of Zelda dungeons....well, I doubt either of you two know what I mean. There's usually something in situations to help people through that the spirit wants to get through," Kiran pretended to look around but in all actuality, he could barely make out that there were doorways.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Gryf paused before hesitantly approaching the doors, glancing between the rope and the plaque. Stopping a few feet away, he looks intently at the plaque to see what it says.

---------------------

"Great....now we've got three choices. Somewhat off topic but who puts the kitchen in a creepy basement next to the laundry room? Shouldn't it be up near the dining room or something?" Kale shrugs, his comment mostly to himself before turning and look at the others. "Well which one? Kitchen's have sharp knives the ghost could throw at us, utilities are full of electricity to fry us with and.....I guess we could get strangled by socks or something in the laundry room, so technically all paths are equal..."
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 am

The plaque on the wall tells Tristan that behind those doors he'll find the Ballroom. Rope has decayed with time and could probably be easily removed.

Krilla nods.

"Okay lets try a few things see what works."

While Kiran looks for patterns and Dani looks for changes Krilla shuts her eyes and walks down the hallway with them closed. She eventually ends up walking into Dani but it did seem to take longer...

The dripping sound is coming from the Utilities room.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Sat May 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Kiran noticed Krilla walking around with her eyes closed and frowned, thinking she was making fun of him. "Just because I can't see so well is not a reason to make fun of me Krilla. I'm trying my best here. Only so much I can do when a spirit attacks me for doing anything."

~~~~~~~

"I'd say we best go towards the dripping noise. Might be a trap but it has a purpose, everywhere else seems pointless to go into," Marco suggested, stepping towards the utility door.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:13 am

Krilla opens her eyes and stares at Kiran blankly. A human would raise an eyebrow but she doesn't have eyebrows. A human would raise their voice but she only uses her voice because using her mind would bring the spirits wrath.

"Do you have any idea how difficult it would be for the presence here to actually distort space? Throwing something across a room, messing with our senses. Those are the tools it is likely to employ and if it's disrupting our senses the best way to counter it is to deprive them of it."

She closes her eyes again and this time puts one of her hands on the wall and uses it as a guide. Something solid the spirit can't disrupt.

"Perhaps if you actually spent some time being blind rather then revelling in your feelings of mayterdom your words would carry more weight.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 am

"Oh! I'm sorry. I thought you were making fun of me...." Kiran turned red from embarrassment, "I'm just going to shut up now." Kiran watched Krilla as she followed the wall, following behind her. He was distracted by what Krilla as he blindly followed her still refusing to give up what little sight he had.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Gryf glances back down the corridor to see if anyone followed him, before turning back to the doors and begins undoing the decayed rope. He was definitely not happy about having been left on his own, but at this point it was too late to do anything about it.

--------------

"Right....of course you'd want to walk into the trap. Fine, Utilities it is. But if we drown or get electrocuted I'm holding you personally responsible." Kale moved next to the utility door pulling it open and ushering the others through.
Gryphon and Picasso

"The Soul has no Gender."
-Queen Christina
Gryphon
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner