The Faded Star

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 am

The rush of memory is like a hammer. For a few confused moments Gryf forgets who he is as another persona, another set of sensations take over.

He's walking down the corridor and the hotel is as it once was, beautiful and bright. Time blurs and he's at the door, he feels fear and anticipation. He brushes his hands compulsively against his skirts. Strong arms link around his waist from behind and he can feel the heat of a body against his back.

"You came." A mans voice, a tactile rumble from the chest behind him.

"Of course." Her voice, Gryf's voice. There's another blurred patch as Tristan instinctively tries to break free of the memory.

"I didn't think you would." warm lips press against the side of her neck and she shivers.

Turning in his arms she puts her hands on his chest and pushes him away. He's tall and muscular with dark hair and sleepy eyes. More then that is blurred by time and distance, the memory isn't as strong as it used to be.

"I know why you asked me to come. I can't, I just can't I'm sorry."

Sleepy eyes turn angry and he grabs her wrist. Fear anger and pain boil and the force of it drowns out his words. He pulls something off her wrist and slams open the door to the ballroom.

She tumbles to the floor inside and skids to a halt as the door slams shut. She runs at it and tries to pull it open to no avail, she screams for help and doesn't get any, blood smears on the inside of the door as she wrenches her fingernails off on it.

Another blur, time passes, she's collapsed in the middle of the dance floor, her skirt torn for clumsy bandages. She sobs and cries as she dies.

Where falling into the memory was sudden coming out of it is slow, Tristan wakes up to find himself on the floor in front of the door, curled in the foetal position.

The minute they cross the threshold into the utility room everything is easier. The pressure and gloom of the building is gone and they can breath again. It's dark and damp and has all the usual trappings of a utility room, like utilities for example.

It also has a bed, a small wardrobe and a bedside table...
candyman1989
Junior

Postby TailsofElements » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Marco tilts his head in confusion as the atmosphere changes but says nothing off it. He makes his way towards the bedside table and looks through it, hoping to find something. Maybe a clue. Then he may get a scooby snack! Marco pauses after that thought, confused as to why Scooby Do's persona is in his brain. He then remember the kid that almost drowned and continues on his search.
TailsofElements
Junior

Postby Gryphon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:18 am

Gryf rubbed his eyes as if to wipe away the images he’d seen. Cautiously he pulled himself to his feet and moved towards the doors once more, inspecting them once more, including trying to see underneath them, without actually ever touching them. He didn’t want to risk getting drawn back into the past.

----------------------------------

Kale looked around the utility room and shivered. “Anyone else get a strange vibe, or rather the lack of one when we entered?” He pauses as he watches Marco go straight to the table and start rifling through it. “Aren’t you an eager bunny…. Right, I’ll take the wardrobe in that case. Because sorting through a stranger’s belongings in the basement of a haunted building is never a bad idea…” Kale opens the wardrobe and begins to sift through it.
Gryphon
Freshman

Previous

Return to RP Corner