The Eight Nuisances of Dr. Sly

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

The Eight Nuisances of Dr. Sly

Postby MentalFloss » Mon May 10, 2010 11:22 am

(It's been awhile since I hosted an RP, and I've been meaning to use some of the newer characters i've devised... seeing some of the compliments i get for working humor into my work i thought i'd post a very dangerous-yet-ridiculous mis-adventure for you all!)

Secret Mountain Stronghold of Dr. Sly:
Eight Pods opened in a dark laboratory. Eight figures step out of those pods. and march down a long hall out to the daylight....

Poseidon Prep, 2 weeks later:
Valerie laid on the grass and stared at the sky. She loved and hated her power. Pulling down constellations seemed like an awesome power in theory but it was totally useless if it wasn't nighttime and she wasn't outdoors.

"I am SO the aquaman in this school..." She sighed to herself.

She had already been to the school for a month and made a few acquaintances but no one had asked her to be on their team since the virtual stars in the battledome didn't work for her at all.

Valerie Drakos, "The Astronomer" was useless.

She rolled over and started to dig in her backpack for her phone when someone stood over her, with their hands on their hips...
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

"Valerie Drakos. The Astronomer correct?"

It's a rhetorical question, Travis has done his research.

"I don't believe i've had the pleasure of meeting you yet. My name is Travis."

Travis is...smiling? His face is open and friendly as he sits down next to her he offers a hand to shake. Something is clearly up.

"You have that unique constellation based power don't you? Well a few friends and i have dug up something interesting that we could use your help with. See there's this demon lord that's going to rise, fairly boring really nothing to get worked up over. Normally we'd have him begging to be sent back to hell within ten minutes, frankly most demons are @#$$%^$. However he's got this nasty magic suppressing aura. Something about using the powers of the heavens to bring about their own downfall. Melodramatic really. anyway i was wondering if i could persuade you to-"

He pauses and pulls out a set of star charts far to big to fit in a normal person's pockets.

"-remove this constellation, at this time. that way he doesn't get his aura and i get to kick his butt."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 am

Valerie's heart skipped a beat ans she bolted up

"YES! yes I'll do it!". Her smile was so big it could have been seen from space.

"I draw my powers from a combination of electron neutrinos and spirit energy. anything you want! from summoning Leo to attack enemies to flying through the sky on Cygnus the swan!" She spoke very quickly in her excitment.

A loud crash was then heard from across the street from the school.

They both ran to see a crater in the ground and what looked like a blue robotic boy lying unconscious in the center.

"Wait is that... ummm" She thought hard at where she'd seen this boy before. "Is that Jumbo man? The one who always thwarts Dr. Sly?"

She looked at Travis.

(OOG: yes, if you haven't guessed it yet, this is going to be a big parody of the Megaman games XD.)
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Joel then ran to resuscitate the fallen hero
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Thu May 13, 2010 10:41 am

Jumbo Man sat up. "Thank you..." He smiled at Joel.

He looked around to see the super-powered teens all around him. He tried to stand but some exposed wires in his knee sparked. He buckled over.

"It looks like a lot of my hardware has been damaged in the crash." He opened a panel in his arm and filled with a bunch of buttons inside.

"Do you guys have an auto shop in this school so I can repair myself?" A few more exposed wires in his arm sparked and it fell limp at his side.

"I can't fight Dr. Sly's robot Masters like this!"
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 am

(OOG: I warn you now I never played those games...)

Travis looks at Valerie.

"It's lips are moving. Did it say something?"

Travis' subtitles don't work on things of technology.

"And who is Dr Sly? Why does Giant Man fight him?"

Around his fingers blue motes of light start to whirl.

"Do I blast him or what?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Animal boy » Fri May 14, 2010 9:06 am

"Jumbo Man, he's a hero, we need to take him to the auto shop, and no you don't get to blast him" Joel said picking him up
Animal boy
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Fri May 14, 2010 11:34 am

Valerie helped scoop him out out of the crater and they carried him back to the auto shop.

They laid him on a workbench and wheeled the tool chest next to him, he got started right away working on his body, snipping wires, capping leaks...

"I need several parts in order to be funcional..." He looked around the room but didn't see anything he could use.

Another loud crash was heard... an all too familiar sound by now, it was the sound of part of the school being destroyed. this time it sounded like the main office.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm

It was about the 17th time that Noah had fallen to the floor in the past 15 minutes, something that wasn't really unusual, but was more than a little annoying for him. To be fair to him, though, the last two times hadn't exactly been his fault; trying to balance and maintain yourself on a pole without touching the floor was a little difficult, and specially so when unfocused by weird noises.

Why was he trying to do that? Exercising, an interest in being a little more when magic wasn't involved than just throwing one or two punches and such. The fact that he had chosen a lilim exercise/fighting style that most people would be call just glorified poledancing didn't seem to cross his mind, though.

Getting up from the floor after the last time, and grunting a little as he rubbed his head, he made sure he wasn't bleeding before deciding to stop practicing for the day. He wasn't exactly getting any better yet, and besides, his curiosity as to what caused the sound that made him loose focus in the worst moment was taking over him; he could always try again later, first get to see whatever caused those sounds.

Walking for a little time, it wasn't long before he got to the place where he thought he had heard the noise coming from. And really, it gave the appearence of it: disorder here, a crater there, some smoke and such.

"Well... it doesn't seem like something good can come out of this..." he said he to himself, even though he got closer to the scene, not knwoing what he was expecting to find there.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Tommy had been watching Noah practice and was clapping when he heard it to and followed him to the scene
Animal boy
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:34 pm

In the workshop Travis drops his head into his hands and sighs. He couldn't hear the explosion but depressingly the vibration of items across surfaces is something he's learned to recognise.

"Well I'm no use here, I'll go put out the fires. Again."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Sun May 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Valerie stayed with Jumbo Man in the auto shop while the others fled to the scene.

There at the office a fairly tall robot wearing an apron and holding a Pizza Box was tearing through the office building.... Amongst the stranger things that have been seen around this campus, and that in itself is a rarity.

"Where is Jumbo Man!" He shouted as he turned and swatted a group of students attempting to attack him.

Energy blasts from a lot of students seemed to have no effect on him.

"I Am Pizza Man! I have been sent by Dr. Sly to destroy him!"

He turned and looked at Joel and Travis.

"My scanners indicate you've been in contact with a mechanized warrior recently! You know where he is! You will tell me in thirty minutes or less!"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Sun May 16, 2010 7:23 pm

"Pizza man?" Joel rolled his eyes then
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Pizza man. PIZZA MAN. A big robot with an apron and holding a pizza box. Pizza Man. THAT was the cause for the crash, a big robot with a pizza motif tearing through the office building.

In his life, Noah had been witness to many weird and bizarre occurences; both from being in the school, and from his life before that. Even things that were commonplace on Earth were kinda weird for Noah, and he still was able to get over the initial bafflement. But this.... a pizza-styled death machine. A robotic destroyer patterned after deliciousness. The very tasty bringer of doom. Even for his standards, even for the school's standards, THIS was bizarre. And that wasn't all: he was looking for someone called "Jumbo Man", a name that rang a bell on Noah's mind... too bad he it was just from scarse mentions here and there somewhere or other place.

Without much other option, he just turned to look at the direction where the robot talked to asking about Jumbo Man and saying a lot of other things that just made him more blaffled, and saw Joel and Travis in there.

"Errr.... hey, guys? Do you guys have any idea what he's talking about?" he asked, not exactly knowing what he was gonna do even if he got to know...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

"Enough Chatter!" Pizza Man stomped in their direction. "You will tell me where he is in thirty minutes or less or else....."

He opened the pizza box and Shouted out "Pizza SLICE!"

A massive slice of pizza flew over their heads at sound-breaking speed and slashed through a tree behind them.

The top half of the tree slid off in a diagonal revealing a perfectly clean cut from the slice of pizza.

"That was a warning!" He shouted stepping towards them. "Deliver him to me!"

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Next

Return to RP Corner