The Eight Nuisances of Dr. Sly

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 am

"What is it saying? Somebody tell me what the $%^& it is saying!"

Travis mutters and his armour forms around him. He gestures and chants, bowling ball sized spheres of ice forming in the air and flying to smash the thing in the knee.

Krilla stalks out of a nearby building and takes in the scene.

Attention Students. This is a safety alert. There is a giant robot attacking the school. All freshmen and students without field experience should fall back to the stadium till the senior students and faculty can resolve the threat.

She's broadcasting on a local level to all nearby minds while she walks towards the students who've started attacking it.

"It has no mind for me to target so I'll be taking a support role. You can relay all communications through me."

Travis glances at her.

"Can you-"

"Already done."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 pm

The Ice Spheres flew over and struck Pizza man in the knee. He staggered for a moment and began stomping in Travis' direction.

A glowing hyperlink came flying across the yard and struck Travis.

He disappeared and reappeared behind the robot whom now stopped and looked around for Travis.

Override stepped forward. "I love using my internet powers in the real world!" He smiled at Travis.

"Now let's show this thing what's REALLY cookin!" He stepped forward to engage the robot with Travis.
Track 1: Ocean "Deception"
Track 2: Raine "Lucid"
Track 3: Jo "Muzzle"

http://profile.imeem.com/DhObMrT/playli ... _playlist/
MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm

The stomp shook Noah a little, but it wasn't until the pizza slice of death that his bafflement was accompanied by a little bit of a survival instinct, and he tried to get ready to attack or defend or just do something... just that he didn't know what yet. In the time he thought of something though, he decided to attend to Travis' calls and give him a briefing of what he could notice.

"He's saying that we give him some guy called Jumbo Man because he knows that we know that he knows that he's here and that you and Joel have seen this Jumbo Man and he wants you to..." By the way he just stopped and seemed lost in thought, it was clear he had just noticed something. It wasn't until a few second afterwards that his brain processed the distinctive lack of Travis in the place he was looking at. Turning around in surprise, he saw him behind the robot with... someone else he couldn't quite remember if he had seen before, engaging the robot. "I... think I'll take this as a cue to start doing something" he said as he rushed to help the two of them in the fight, trident in hand.

The whole world throbbed quite a lot for Veronica that day. Or maybe it was just her head; she couldn't be sure exactly which was doing what. The lights were too bright and shiny, the sounds were like a drill up her ear canal, and her head felt more or less like her brain had been placed into a blender. All in all, her hangover was geting better, but the loud crashes (or as her brain processed it, earthquakes) and all the noise she could hear in the air definitely weren't helping. The fact that, in her attempt to go out and catch some fresh air, she happened upon a fight between several students and a pizza chef/delivery man hybrid robot was also not quite good for her current state.

"I'm not drunk enough for this" was the only thing she said while sighing, before pinching the bridge of her nose and trying to calmly walk away from the brawl, maybe to the autoshop. Maybe it wouldn't be as noisy or active as this; or at least, it being apparently the last place for anything unusual to happen, she could be sure to not find anything weird in it...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Veronica walked into the auto Shop so see a damaged robotic boy fixing himself and Valerie watching him in awe.

OUTSIDE

Pizza man looked around at the group of students.

"You cannot defeat me!" He shoted.

"Pizza Slice!"

Another razor pizza slice came hurdling towards Joel

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Joel grabbed the pizza and began eating it "MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Good!" He said happily and round house kicked the robot
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 am

Travis slashes with his arms like he's trying to slice through the air. Over and over again each cut sending another salvo of icy shards at the robot. they smash harmlessly off the metal giant and he's burning through his spells rapidly.

That isn't having any effect, you need a new strategy.

Travis doesn't verbalise his reply just lets a sense of curiosity flow to Krilla to ask for suggestions.

For her part Krilla repeats her announcement to the student body while at the same time reaching for a specific mind on the campus...

Kimberly Cho. I need to consult with you on something.

After a hurried discussion with Kimmick Krilla passes on her suggestion to Travis who turns to talk to Overdrive.

"That thing you did. Can it get me up onto the head?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Sun May 23, 2010 11:50 am

Pizza Man Growled "Pepperoni and Sausage!"

Out of his pizza box came two human-sized robots what for all states and purposes looked like....

........Pepperoni and Sausage.

They Charged forward and an insane speed and tried to tackle the students. Seeing the burned trail they left behind them you could tell they were both sizzling hot. One touch from them would be enough to cause a third degree burn.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon May 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Noah wasn't exactly sure of what had happened now. Just seconds ago, he had been charging against the robot, chanting a spell that he had to improvise a little due to having forgotten how he normally said it, prepared to use it and his trident with all his might... only for something to startle him and make his focusing go away. He could notice the burn marks in the floor though, and the distinctive feeling that things had just gotten hotter.

"Did I do that?" Noah asked to himself. He then looked around and noticed the two new robots, no less strange than the first one, who ran in his direction and left burning trails pretty much identical to the others, answeering Noah's question with a "no". Too bad it took his mind a little more time to register the thought "Get out of the way or they'll overcook you" as it should have; by the time he actually rushed to the side to avoid the two they were about to reach him.

For a moment, Noah thought that perhaps, it would be best for him to take on those two. Then he remembered he didn't really have anything that could counter two superfast burning hot robots, so he decided to stick to his original plan and try it once again: charge and attack the big pizza robot with the big pointy fiery trident until it worked, all while trying to avoid the two speed demons from frying him.

Too bad working on cars and recovering from drinking like a fish don't mesh well together; Veronica would have loved to do something like that, just to distract herself from the pulsing headache and all. She comforted herself with one thought, though: the auto shop being the last place where something weird might happen, she was pretty sure she would at least have a brief moment of normalcy.

Unsurprisingly, the universe decided to screw her over. As she actually got to her destination, she noticed in there the (vaguely familiar looking) damaged robot boy fixing himself and the girl staring at him, still in awe. She knew this probably had to do with what she saw just minutes ago; it just HAD to, life was like that. Besides, it wasn't exactly every day that robots seemed to appear everywhere in the city, so when two appeared simultaneously, it was possible they would have at least some semblance of relation.

Sighing, she just gave up trying to get "Alright, fine, I got it, this is inescapable, I'll take part of the weirdness" Then, walking to the girl, she said: "Excuse me, I was just wondering... what's going on in here, if I might know?" pointing at Jumbo Man as she spoke.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Mon May 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Tommy became a peregrine falcon and dodged the meat boys to attack pizza man
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:03 am

With no response from Override Travis decides to do things the hard way. He rushes straight at the large robot and suddenly vanishes. He reappears clinging to the things back and starts to climb upwards. Occasionally he has to create a spur of ice on its back to give him a hand or foot hold.

Can it feel this?

Unknown

From a safe distance watching Krilla attempts to coordinate the attack.

Joel, we're having difficulty penetrating it's casing. If it fires another 'pizza slice' back at you can you trying throwing it back rather then eating it? Kimmick thinks it might be vulnerable to it's own weaponry.

Noah you and Travis are likely the only ones capable of dealing with that level of heat and he's busy. You don't need to take them down but can you distract them while the others finish of the large one before it can produce more?

Animal Boy. Limbless and Still working together have a chance to put it down for good but they need a clear shot for that to work. Can you switch into something tougher and force it to keep it's attention squared on you?

The upside of having a telepath coordinating means they don't have to yell their plans where anyone can hear them. they have low numbers and a tough opponent, they need to work together to succeed.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 am

Pepperoni swerved after narrowly missing his tacle of Tommy.

He turned around and came after Travis.

Pizza Man shuddered a little when he ice slicked his back. he started trying to reach behind him, attempting to pull Travis off. "I am guaranteed hot!" Pizza Man Shouted.

Sausage made another Dive at Noah but was knocked over when he ran into a giant popup advertisement. Override laughed to himself "I love doing that."

He then ran his way up to Sausage and flung a long cord at him. "if I could upload a virus, that should put an end to this one..."

"Safari could not load the file!" Sausage shouted out as he grabbed hold of the cord and burned it apart.

"Dammit! He's a MAC!" grumbled Override.

Valerie Walked up and stood next to Veronica. "That's Jumbo Man, I THINK the Robot out there is trying to kill him." She smiled, but only for a second after realizing she sounded like a kindergartner.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed May 26, 2010 3:08 am

Noah stood in place, once again, but now it was more to look around with a face that showed some confusion; he seemed a little startled, and looked around as if trying to see who spoke. It took almost a a minute for it to sink on him: "Oh, right. Krilla"

In an attempt to not let the little moment of forgetfulness bother him, he focused on Krilla and hoped she would hear what he was thinking. He was still getting the handle of telepathic communication...

Well... I can do that, I think. I'm not really resistant to heat, but I guess I can improvise an spell or two to see what works for this...

There, message sent. Now he moved on to actually acting out the orders she gave, which for this moment meant trying to call the two literally hot robots and keep them busy. How did he plan to accomplish that? Well, he did the only thing he could think of, as usual: looked around for the two robots, took some air and then shouted at the top of his lungs "Hey! You two! The superfast food duo! Sausage and Pepperoni! Come and catch me if you dare!". That it was a pretty obvious attempt at getting them away from the others to not get them bothered by the food-bots, that it would be necessary for them to be a little dense to fall for it, and that he wasn't exactly the best at convincing people of things did cross his mind.... after he had done it, but it was the only thing he could think. He just hoped (and prayed to Lilith) that it would work.

"I see. Lovely. Not exactly out of what I would expect from days like these..." Veronica said, the last part mostly to herself, before adding. "Any idea why anyone would send that thing after him?" she added then. "Hypothetically, of course-2
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby MentalFloss » Thu May 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Pepperoni and Sausage immediatley stopped and looked at Noah.

They looked at each other.

They looked at Pizza Man.

They looked back at Noah.

........They dropped what they were doing at began to chase after him.

Pizza Man groaned is that classic 'my henchmen are idiots' tone as he continued trying to get Travis off his back.

"Dr. Sly." Jumbo Man stated simply as he started wrenching his left leg back into place. "He's always trying to destroy me with his robots. It usually ends the same way; I beat them, assimilate their weapons, and destroy his secret mountain stronghold and put him in prison..." He seemed quite chipper for being partially dismantled on a workbench.

"And then he always escapes and makes more robots and a new stronghold and we lather, rinse and repeat."

MentalFloss
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:25 am

Travis scrambles around madly, occasionally have to create handholds to get out of the way in time. He needs someone to crack the robots hide so he can actually inflict some damage.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby MentalFloss » Sun May 30, 2010 6:03 am

"If you deliver Jumbo Man to me in thirty minutes or less you'll get half off two medium beatings!" Pizza Man Bellowed. the students didn't know whether to laugh or fear for their lives....

Override watched Pizza man struggle with Travis. That's when it hit him. The energy blasts didn't work on him earlier because they were heat-based attacks... but COLD on the other hand seemed to be quite effective on him....

"Use cold-based attacks!" Override shouted.

MentalFloss
Sophomore

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner