A search for answers

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby ShastaB24 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 am

I would normally use both Amber and Vince, but I wanted to actually go with the magic theme, and my little brother isn't using his characters at the moment (he's told me I can use them). So, you will get Lifter of the Veil. I just hope I do him justice. Plus, I am using him in my Developing a Sense of Self (or The Broken) story for upcoming chapters, so I thought I'd try expanding my understanding of him.

"Look out!" Amber cried, jolting into a sitting position and waking up at the same time, flushed and trembling. She grabbed her forehead. That dream, she thought.

"I had it, too," George reassured from her reflectionin the mirror across the room.

Amber looked across the room and could make out the form of her roommate, still snoozing away, obviously quite a sound sleeper. Amber stood up and shuffled out of the room. "The car crash," she mumbled.

"I know," George said solemnly from a display case. "I was there, too."

"Let's talk in the student lounge," Amber said, staggering that way, and then yawned out, "Don't want to wake anybody up."

"Faeremus schakla shi," Sean intoned. "Borea nor zhu." He peeked one eye open and looked down at the ground. Nothing. He was still just sitting there, cross-legged, arms at his sides. He closed his eye again. "Sheleum baer." He opened his eye again. Still nothing. The other eye also opened a slit. "Veshtaer nosh!" Nothing. He darted a look back and forth to either side of him. "Wingardium leviosa!" Nothing. He grunted in frustration. His hand flew out and grabbed a ring sitting beside him. It glowed and, before it was on his finger, he was floating a couple feet above the floor. "There, is that so difficult?" he asked to the space between himself and the ground.

Sighing, he stood up, now firmly planted on the ground again. "Ya gotta find out how to do it without the rings," he said to himself. One of his teeth glowed and all of his assorted jewelry on a pile on the floor lifted up and attached themselves to the correct spots on his body. He caught his staff from midair and strode back to the dormitories. "'Just meditate,' they say. 'The words'll come to you.' My ass! My legs just fall asleep." He stomped the ground with his particularly numb foot.

He walked into the dorms and slowed to a stop. He could sense it. Magic was being used. At this hour? Was somebody else practicing late at night? It was coming from the student lounge. Wouldn't hurt to check it out. He headed that way.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 pm

"Well I've been to Nate's home only like once, so I should be able to do a portal there." Sean said and stood up, placing his hands together in a prayer like fashion, he uttered some words and a large opening appeared in front of him. Beyond it there what looked like a large meadow, and a forest beyond that, a warm breeze escaped the portal and filled the room. "There that must be it."

"The Guardians won't be hard to find, you'll see why." Nate smirked. "I might ease your mind to see something new."

Sean had already entered through his portal.

"Hey, wanna come?" Nate asked the other Sean.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Luci looked to the portal and then too the three new comers who entered the lounge. "If you guys are looking for a convenient distraction I suggest you follow now," He said as he walked through the portal to Amouk.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby ShastaB24 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:39 am

Sean looked at the group of students and almost turned to leave. He didn't know what they were doing and shouldn't have cared. But--he felt an urge to actually flex his magical abilities. "Sure, I'll come," he grumbled. "But don't do any gay sh** to me. I'm not into that stuff."

Amber was rubbling her eyes as she stumbled into the room. "It should be quiet in here," she managed to say through a yawn.

"Uh, you might want to actually look where you're going," George said from a reflective surface in the room.

Before Amber could ask him what he meant, her eyes adjusted and she stopped herself from running into Sean. Then she saw the portal and the other students. She had been so absorbed, she hadn't heard anything that had been said. "What's going on?" she wondered aloud.

"Screw that," George said, pushing into control. "I'm up for some action and this should be fun." He advanced towardsthe portal.
All the bad things in life only help you appreciate the good even more.
ShastaB24
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:59 am

"Okay, well let's find the Guardians and see if we can't uncover this mystery about the god-woman in your head." Nate said.

"Uh Nate aren't these guys like Skyscraper big?" Sean asked.

"Yeah, usually they can alter their form if necessary." Nate said.

The party came upon a large clearing with what appeared to be massive statues carved from yellowish rock.

"Che Vogassom, adu Shýe Natanel, hamai etze Luciak." Nathaniel said in his native language. "Greetings Keepers of the Flame, I am Nathaniel Black, my friend Luciano needs help."

One of the statues moved and with a blast of flame morphed into a more mortal figure.

"Che Shýe Natanel, what is the problem?" Oureoi asked.

"Apparently Luciano has been plagued by this deity, she is a female god, with some association with him." Nate said and placed his hand on his friend Sean. "My friend has said that she is going on and on about a beleagured (sp?) pantheon and asks for his help. He has lost some sleep because of it."

"I understand." Oureoi said turned towards Luciano. "What can you tell me Luciano?"
Safeguard
Senior

Previous

Return to RP Corner