A search for answers

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

A search for answers

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

This RP is mainly about my character Lucianos, aka Geomancer, and is a semi-origin/growth RP for him. The most likely time for the events in this story to occur would be during an extended break such as summer or winter break. I will also want you to keep in made many of the enemies I am creating will be almost god-like but they are not based on any known gods. If any of the mods, or players, have questions about anything I will be more than happy to answer as long as you send it in the form of a PM. I would like to note this RP is also geared towards students whose powers have a more magical origin than others. The reasons for this have to do with the Major plot of the RP which will be apparent soon enough.

Lucianos tossed and turned in his bed, his sheets twisting as he shifted beneath them. He was covered in a slight sheen of sweat and was mumbling randoms words. He was having a very intense dream, whether or not it was a nightmare was unknown. He quickly shot up, gasping heavily as he tried to recall the dream. As far as he could tell he had been having the same dream increasingly over the past several weeks. what started as a casual dream was now reoccurring several times a night. It was always the same. A being of some sort was calling out to him, begging him to meet it before time ran out. He wasn't sure if it was merely a trick by another student, entirely plausible as a prank gone too far, or if it was serious so he neglected to inform the teachers, hoping it would end. He was currently regretting saying nothing he wasn't sure he could ignore it much longer.

He got out of bed as quietly as he could, heading down the hall to the students lounge and grabbing a 'Starbucks' coffee drink from the vending machine as had become his new habit for past week. This would often lead him to sleeping in class later, but with the break approaching soon to go home he felt that it wasn't much of a deal. He sighed and said to no one in particular, "I wish these damned dreams would end already. I've got enough head problems as it is without going crazy."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Sean kicked his shoes off and sat on his bed which was across from Nate's. He had his laptop with him and he was surfing the net for a bit before he would go to bed. Due to the machinations of the Cube, Sean did not need to sleep as often as other kids his age, but he still liked to doze off every now and again.

"You nite owl, you gonna get some sleep or what?" Nate asked drawing a finger up Sean's sock-covered foot.

"Eventually." He smiled.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Lucianos sighed as he lounged across a couch in the room people tended to 'hang out' when not studying or in class. He knew he wouldn't get back to sleep tonight, or rather he didn't want to go back to sleep. He knew he should talk to one of the staff at this point, if not one of the other students. Either way he knew he needed help, he was just stubborn about asking for it.
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Nathaniel tickled Sean's feet a bit more and winked at the boy, he left his room and walked a bit to Luciano's room. The Elemental smiled at Luciano and lightly knocked on the doorway frame

"Hey you want company?" He asked.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

(Luci is in more of a lounge type area)

Lucianos turned to Nathaniel and sighed. "I need a psychiatrist, a psychic, and possibly a priest... but right now you're company will suffice," He said ending with a smile, "and if that came across mean I'm sorry but I've had trouble sleeping lately."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:40 pm

"Heh you should see Robert when he hasn't had any sleep." Nate giggled with a grin. "Anything I can help with?" He smiled more softly.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:35 pm

"Well I've been having weird dreams lately. It's always of the same thing and they keep happening with more and more frequency as time time goes on. I ignored them at first but now I can't go to sleep without having that darn dream," He said with a sigh, "It's always of some sort of... being calling out to me and saying I have to meet with it before time runs out. It hasn't given me any sort of time or anything or told me why we have to meet. I ignored it at first but now I'm thinking I should just do what the dream has been telling me... though I have no clue as to who the being is or where I have to go to meet them."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:10 am

"Native Americans say that's some kind of vision quest, my people have a similar belief, I wonder though if this thing is transferrable." Nate said thinking and sat across Lucianos. "Perhaps this vision you're having, involves us all, surely this thing can't mean you and you alone."

Nate got up and went back to his room, Sean appeared then Nate reappeared behind him.

"If it is a spirit that is haunting you, perhaps Sean can help you with it. He can speak telepathically with you, he might be able to eavesdrop on this vision." Nate said.

"I can try." He said.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:37 pm

"Don't people usually go on a vision quest through some form of ritual and on purpose? Then again it's just as likely as anything else," Lucianos said with a shrug, "So what do you need me to do? Just sleep or is there something special I need to do in order to allow you to eavesdrop on my dream?"
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Sean chuckled and shook his head, he smiled at Lucianos.

"Just focus on what the man looks like or what he said to you, and I should be able to see it as you do." Sean said and took a deep breath, he sat down next to Lucianos, he grasped the boy's face and closed his eyes.

Nate waited patiently across from the two boys.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm

"Alright then," Lucnianos said with a sigh as he on the dream had been having. An image of a being made of earth, rocks, and plant-life appeared. It seemed to be female in it's appearance. "Lucianos , I need your help to stop the forgotten ones of my pantheon before it is too late," It said in a rather ethereal voice.

((Please note now the being is a deity but one that is unknown and in sense 'dying'))
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 am

"Um...odd. This wasn't as scary as I thought. A female...entity is asking you for help Luciano, something about a pantheon of gods??" Sean asked scratching his head. "Does that sound right?"

"Weird, but it's a good start. What do you think Luciano?" Nate asked.
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

"...Did it give a name for the Pantheon of gods?" Lucianos said, "Cause otherwise I'm not sure how I could help it. Maybe I should try sleeping and you could enter my dream and speak to it or something. Without anything really specific about who she is or what pantheon she beings to we should be careful about how we approach this situation."
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Postby Safeguard » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:26 am

"Well first of all I can't enter dreams..." Sean said. "Secondly she gave no name, perhaps she knew that she was being spied on." Rubbed the back of his neck. 'Nate maybe you can have your friends in your world help us.' Sean suggested mentally and Nate shook his head uncertainly.

"Sean suggested we go to Amouk, my native world. The Stone Guardians there could help us..." Nate said to Lucianos. "BUT, this is only if you are willing to go, they may know this goddess and the pantheon she belongs to, maybe even the world she is from. But again, this is just a suggestion."

((If she is a goddess, might make sense to bring in other gods as "advisers" to help look for her. Just a thought though ^^;; )
Safeguard
Senior

Postby Zaejue Dehl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:05 pm

((well she's supposed to be a forgotten earth goddess Her appearance should have given it away))

"Well If I recall correctly she appears to look like she's made of rock, plants, and dirt. Maybe she's an earth goddess of some kind," He said with a shrug, "It would make sense sense with my powers. Though I think getting any help we could from Amouk would be a good idea."

((I'm really hoping others join in soon, 's why I'm trying to draw this out))
Are you?
Zaejue Dehl
Freshman

Next

Return to RP Corner