Learning Curve: On A Boat

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Learning Curve: On A Boat

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:03 am

Simulation Details
Setting:
Objectives:
1 Safely Drop onto the Carrier
2 Locate the ships Manifesto and retrieve the details on it
3 Locate Proof ot Templar Society Activity on the Vessel
4 Recover the Prague Codex
5 Escape with all of the team surviving

Information:
The Vessel you will be bpoarding is The Mondays Child a luxury cruise liner owned by Kensington Transport. Elyssa Kensington the CEO of the corporation is known to be a member of The Templar Society, the ship has set sail but has no actual passengers from what we can tell, this will need to be confirmed by the team BEFORE engaging in combat as civillian presence is a risk. The team will be provided with a scanner that will identify civillians if they can scan it across the manifesto. After that they will have to recover the Prague Codex, a mystical artifcat the Templar society is transporting for its occult interests.

We have not seen any Executives or Lords of the society boarding the vessel however that is not to say that their enhanced members and mercenaries are not present. Expect efficient response times and heavy weaponry if there are no genuine passengers onboard.

THIS IS A SIMULATION REPORT TO THE BATTLEDOME @ 14:00

GRADINGS WILL BE GIVEN OUT ON COMPLETION

Supervisor: Dr. Paula Alexander

The students met on an "upper floor" of the battle dome, it was meant to look like a carrier zipping along over the sea but the waves were frozen in time and several seagulls flying past the carrier doors opposite the set connected to the external door had frozen-in-time seagulls on the wing

Cameron hung his jacket on one of their beaks. He seemed flushed, having sprinted from class. He removed his shirt, loosened his tie and opened his bag containing the red t-shirt, black pants with red racing stripe and red shades that composed his costume.

Hey it was 13:50, students were never on time for this

In the girls locker room Dani was getting changed and humming to herself softly. Another day another simulation.

OOC: Join in, we won't start until a few pages have past and people have blabbed a bit. It's a simulation a chance to show off character but also to create character ties.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 am

Travis, being ludicrously anal retentive sometimes was in fact on time. He's perched on top of a wave frozen in time, staring idly out over the water.

The Templars. This is going to be even more challenging then usual.

He slides down the wave and walks over to where Cam is preparing.

"Any excuse to get undressed in public Cam?"

Krilla enters the locker room projecting Cassandra. The girls see her go to her locker and change out of her cheerleader's uniform and into her high teach jumpsuit. Once it's in place she lets Cassandra drop and the girls see her in all her tentacled green glory.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:27 am

Cam responded by dropping his pants to reveal red boxers.

"Mih I'm an exhibitionist...you should try it sometime" he stepped out of his pants and took out the t-shirt and trousers from his bag. "Feel free to watch"

He turned around, there were scars on his back, he didn't seem to mind people seeing them
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 am

He didn't know why he was here. The black ski jacket he was wearing looked two sizes two large for him, but this had a purpose to it. The black cargo pants, with their seemingly hundreds of pockets, had the same look. The black was offset by the white sneakers he wore, splattered with many colours of long-dried paint.

He walked into the battle dome, scratching the back of his head and looking about to see who was already there. His gold eyes locked onto the two young men getting ready for the simulation to start.

Still he knew from The Sunset Foundation; though they hadn't talked much. The other guy he didn't know, but there was one thing he could tell. He wasn't wearing much. Sculptor pressed his lips together and kept his eyes off the guy who was getting changed as he walked over to the two.

"Uh... Hey guys. This is the training thing with the Templars, yeah?" He asked, voice soft due to nervousness.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 am

Cameron nodded and pulled on his pants, slinging his t-shirt over his shoulder and fishing his red runners with the reinforced soles out of his bag. "Indeed, the scenario hasn't started yet but I get told I am not allowed in the locker rooms when anyone else is there" he winked at Still. "Of course still is one of few who doesn't mind"

He ran his hand down still's chest to rest on his belt buckle. "I need a frozen man to call my own" he hummed

Dani turned to face Krilla. "Oh! Hello, sorry didn't notice you come in. My head is in the clouds I'm afraid, here for the scenario?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:57 am

Still gives Sculptor a quick smile before turning his eyes back to Cam. He's learned from experience that they best way to ensure he goes un-molested is to keep Cam's hands in sight at all times.

"Feeling ready for the sim Sculptor?"

Yes. I'm behind on field hours so need to log a few extra missions this week.

Krilla stretches. She's always felt comfortable around Dani, there's no overtone of judgment in her thoughts.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:04 am

"Um. I guess. It's just... I don't really know what these things are for, I guess... I mean, I know we're supposed to know how to defend ourselves and stuff but... Eh, I just wasn't sure what I was supposed to bring."

He unzips the ski jacket, reaching in to bring out a wooden sculpture of a tasmanian devil.

"Do you think this would work? I mean, they're pretty vicious, so I guess that kinda makes them something to use in a fight, yeah?" He kept his eyes on the sculpture. The tasmanian devil was curled up as if to sleep; mostly to make it easier to carry.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:46 am

Cam shrugged. "It gives us a sample of superhero work in different scales, the response unit, the rescue team, the standard villain stoppers, etc etc. The school teaches control and responsibility but within reason so to speak."

He pulled on his t-shirt and approached sculptor, standing just a wee bit too closefor it not to be "intimate" and looking at the sculpture. "Its nice, you must be good with your hands"

"I know the feeling, besides its good practice" Dani smiled
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:58 am

Luckily for Mitchell, the sculpture he was still holding - which was about the size of a cat - left enough room between his body and Cam's.

"Yeah, I am." He grinned, not realizing the innuendo and thinking it had just been a plain compliment to his carving skills. "I just finished this little guy last week. The fur's the hard part, 'cause it's so rough. I usually don't do them so rough. Takes hours, y'know?"

His gold eyes were alight with the spark of creativity as he spoke of the process he used for turning a chunk of wood into the piece of art he was holding.

"You wanna feel it?" He held the sculpture further out to Cameron, still grinning; flashing those pearly whites and still unaware of the possible lewdness of the situation.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:09 pm

"Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait!" Noah said as he ran up to the others, still not really finished putting on his battle outfit. He was still putting up his boots and gauntlets, which were a bit more difficult to put on while moving. "Am I late? Did it start already? I thought I was in time but then I noticed I put half of my suit backwards and then...." he added as he eyed Still, Cam and.... and.... and...... someone he didn't know. "uhm........... hi" he said, offering his hand to the stranger, a (rather dumb) smile in his face as he did.

Sometimes, Veronica went through things quietly and calmly. Today wasn't one of those days, as the gynoid barged into the girls' locker rooms while playing air guitar and singing along to Aces High. It wasn't until she noticed that she was about to crash into Krilla that she actually stopped. "Sorry about that, got a little carried away..." she said. "Anyways, what do we have today in the sim?" she added as she went to change into her outfit.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Boys Locker Room.

FWASH!

"I told ya we were running late, lad!" Riley said to Noah as he teleported in beside the young demon, affixing his GPS bracer to his arm while keeping his shillelagh tucked under the opposite as to keep his hands free. Thankfully, he'd managed to get most of his battlesuit on beforehand, so all he need was his mask and his belt and he'd be set. "You're lucky ya can fly an' I can teleport, or else-?" Riley stopped short at the scene before him. He recognized Still, but everyone else was new to him. "Oh. Sorry ta barge in like that, lads. First time in the 'Dome."

Girls Locker Room.

'I can't believe it. My first Sim!' Jennifer could hardly contain her mixed emotions at this, excitement and nervousness bungling around in her head as she slipped into her one-piece battlesuit, zipping up the back so it fit snugly. This was her first time in the Battle-Dome, she wanted to be sure she looked and performed as best as she could. She'd been practicing her moves in her spare time, and she couldn't wait to try them out in the Sim.

Just then, it registered that she wasn't alone, noticing the other girls in the locker room. She'd been so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't even realize they were there. "Oh, hi."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Cam ran his fingers over the icon. "Hmm, not bad" he turned and rolled his eyes as the teleporting occured. "Yes yes some people have instanteous movement, how impressive" he grunted. Sometimes you really had to work to maintain a reputation as a moody, stroppy little bastard. He plucked his bag up, removed his belts from it and put on the gloves. "And I'm done"

He chucked his bag out into the hall and leaned back against the wall. "So... who are you lot?" he glanced at Noah. "I know who you are" he added.

Dani raised an eyebrow at Jennifer. "Enthusiasm...I see..." she pursed her black lips together. "That'll disappear right quickly I don't doubt."

She shrugged. "Still...it's a good practice right now"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Mitchell shifted the sculpture around in his hands and tucked it under one arm, accepted the handshake from Noah and gave an almost imperceptable nod.

Glancing back to Cam at his question, he seemed a little taken aback at the tone of it.
"I'm Sculptor." He said, his australian accent making the title sound more like "scolp-tah".
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Boys Locker Room.

"The Borrower, at yer service, sir." Riley kept his shillelagh tucked under his arm as he gave Cam a showy, but still respectful bow, grinning with his usual enthusiasm. "I'm assumin' codenames are all we really need ta know in here, this bein' a sim fer "field-work" an all, right?"

Girls Locker Room.

"Yeah," Jennifer massaged the back of her next in embarrassment, a bit mortified at coming of as being the latest "green" recruit to the whole superhero gig. "This sorta my first go at the Battle-Dome since I enrolled." Not wanting to be rude, she offered Dani a webbed hand in friendship. "I'm Jennifer, but feel free to call me "Jen" if you like. My codename's La Rana, it means "The Frog" in Spanish."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Noah was about to actually introduce himself again to Cam, at least before he said the comment. After shaking hands with Sculptor, he just waited to see if someone else would come or what... though he did look at the tasmanian devil sculpture for a moment, a little curious about it.

"My, such optimism, such high spirits..." Veronica said as she heard Dani's comment, but just chuckled a bit. "A bit of action is just what I need..." she added as she finished putting on her combat boots, fingerless gloves, shorts and top, and finished it up with her glasses and longcoat. "Sometimes I wonder if replacing the catsuit was a bad idea..."
Prince Blanche
Senior

Next

Return to RP Corner