Learning Curve: On A Boat

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Prince Blanche » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 am

Noah couldn't help but feel quite a bit intimidated as he saw the panther sneering at him; especially since, as far as he could see, it didn't do the same to any of the others. It was disquieting to say the least, but he tried not to show it too much: perhaps it was just his imagination or something like that.


For a moment, the demon eyed Veronica, who still remained pretty much static in the same position as before, and didn't seem to react entirely yet.
User avatar
Prince Blanche
Senior
 
Posts: 8307
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm
Location: Barquisimeto, Venezuela

Postby The Hellion » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Dani watched the creature before her with a distant look, not watching it so much as something about it, her grey eyes running over the icy sinews and frozen muscles. It was a deadly predator but beautiful too...funny how that tended to be the case.

"Oh so should we head for Ri- Borrower and Brain Candy?" she asked quietly





Cam rattled the bars of the cage. Still locked I can't pick this lock, its partially electronic, partially binary...any thoughts? he glanced at Riley and pursed his lips. "People don't make friends with me, you shouldn't waste time trying to make small talk." He turned back to the bars of the cage.
User avatar
The Hellion
Senior
 
Posts: 6721
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:21 am
Location: Éire

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:39 pm

"An' by not tryin', they're missin' out on someone worth bein' friends with," Borrower reasoned calmly, sporting a smile that spoke of equal parts sincerity and whimsy. His words were true, but a part of him that came from Puck sort of enjoyed seeing Cam get rattled over something as trivial as someone truly wanting and trying to be his friend.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Postby The Hellion » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 am

Cam looked him over. "No they're perfectly right, I am a very unpleasant person - for instance if you proceed in trying to goad me then I will demonstrate why when I ask to be left alone I am left alone" he examined the hinges on the gate and checked the lock. "I can't see a way to break this...any thoughts?"
User avatar
The Hellion
Senior
 
Posts: 6721
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:21 am
Location: Éire

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Borrower sighed in mock exasperation. "Fine, you win, mea cupla." Examining the gate and the lock, Riley took a moment to weigh their options. "Hm... Well, if they managed ta leave us my sword somewhere in here- which I honestly doubt they did- then I could slash the hinges off an' we could just walk outta here. We could also try an' jimmy the bolts outta the hinges an' get out that way, but it'd take waaay too much time."


(OOC: Hellion, is this gate like those sliding bars in old-style prisons or is it a heavy door with a barred window, & is there anything else in the room bolted down?)
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Postby The Hellion » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:35 pm

"Your sword is probably back in the sim and this is reinforced steel...you can't slash the hinges off reinforced steel unless you're superhumanly strong" Cam paused. "If you're superhumanly strong I can boost that I think and make you take somre rage out on the doors."



OOC: Its a prison cell style door with the hinges on the outside and narrow spaces between the bars.
User avatar
The Hellion
Senior
 
Posts: 6721
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:21 am
Location: Éire

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

"I think retrieving them has to be our next step."

They'll be expecting that.

"So we distract them, lure them away to the other end of the ship while we bust them out."

Again, they will be expecting that.

"So we make the distraction something that's actually a problem for them. Like an iceberg."

You can do that?

"Not quickly."

Battle suits?

"Risky, bound to be guarded."

Travis looks at the others.

"Anyone got ideas?"

He gives the ice panther a brief look, it looks back. They exchange impassive indifferent stares and look away.
User avatar
candyman1989
Junior
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Towkarn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 pm

"Why just an iceberg? Why not something that will cause some trouble? A sea monster, or something. If you can make an iceberg, why not a leviathan or a kraken or something? I can make it attack the ship everywhere but where we are, so we'll all be fine and it can get rid of the guards and stuff for us." Mitch looked up from the panther, now wondering why the panther was so small if Travis had the power to make an iceberg.

"If the distraction is more of an actual threat, they'll be forced to deal with it. Then everyone else can grab the battlesuits and... I dunno, put 'em on?" He shrugged, his mind much more focused on sea monsters than suits right now. He could see it now; twelve giant tentacles and giant shark jaws, a spined dorsal fin and a few pairs of eyes in strange places. He could already imagine it wrapping itself around the ship and crushing it, tossing guards into the air and catching them in its jaws as it shrieked joy, rage and hunger to the wild seas. It was an extremely vivid and rather horrific image, but all that showed of it on Mitch's face was a quiet smile.
Towkarn
Freshman
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 am

"That's a great idea Sculptor!" La Rana exclaimed excitedly, having almost the same image in her head, except her monster had spikes on the edges of the tentacles and razorsharp teeth spiralling down its throat like the Kraken. "It'd be a major distraction, enough to give us time to get to the battlesuits or free Borrower and Brain Candy."



"Well, I'm mostly an agility kinda guy, but I am a bit stronger than a normal human would be," Borrower admitted, sheepishly massaging the back of his neck. That was one aspect of his blessing that he didn't like to play up that much, preferring to win the day through cunning and skill, not brute force. "Ta put it in terms La Rana might use, my strength is along the lines a' Captain America. Strong, but not "Hulk" strong."

Having said this, he approached the bars, taking one in hand. "I'm not sure this'll work, but I can give 'er a try. If it doesn't pan out," he smirked knowingly, "I can always try one 'a those contortionist techniques from La Rana's books I "borrowed" last week." He paused for a moment to look at the bars again. "Do you think those are big enough ta fit my head through? Book knowledge means jack if real world situations don't line up."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:50 pm

"Yeah, the sea monster might be a better option if we're wanting to cause a distraction. I mean, nothing says 'distracting' than 'unspeakable horror from the depths' after all" Noah said as he listened to both Sculptor and La Rana. He was trying not to think on the panther that still didn't seem to like him that much, and just focused on being helpful in whichever way he could.


On the other hand, Veronica seemed to be reacting more now, her hand slipping out of the mini-portal as it closed immediately. She wasn't exactly sure of just WHAT she had done or how, but preferred not to think too much about the specifics of that. She just sighed, over-exerted more than she would like to admit and in need of some time to rest.
User avatar
Prince Blanche
Senior
 
Posts: 8307
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm
Location: Barquisimeto, Venezuela

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:24 am

Travis raises a hand.

"Point I need to clarify. An iceberg would take time. A kraken would take a hell of a lot more time. That panther is only as detailed as it is because I kept it small. Both the complexity and the size of the ice I'm creating adds to the difficulty which in turn adds to the time it would take me. Not to mention that an ice Kraken or an Iceberg will draw the Lady Black which means I'll have to put forth all my attention into keeping it solid."

"I'm not saying it's unworkable. Just that there might be simpler more effective plans we can implement."

He hesitates, an ice Kraken would be a real achievment.

"Out of curiosity how big can the things you animate be?"
User avatar
candyman1989
Junior
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:40 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:27 am

Mitch looked a little disappointed at Travis' clarification. At his question, he shrugged one shoulder, non-committally. He hadn't exactly pushed his powers to test their limits before, not really.

"Well, that statue of Hera was the biggest thing I've done so far, but I actually felt really good after that not, like, exhausted or anything. I... uh, I don't even know if size is a factor for my powers. If something isn't made right or I can't imagine how it moves properly, it's harder to animate 'em, but... well, I got a whole bunch o' statues walking around a room once."

With the spotlight on him all of a sudden, Mitch was feeling very self-conscious. He now realised just how much skin was showing, with his ski jacket in half-melted tatters on the ground. He cleared his throat, holding a fist in front of his mouth as he did so.

"It's just, um, I kinda need to do it one at a time if I'm doing a bunch o' things. But, yeah, I dunno about how big I can get 'em..."
Towkarn
Freshman
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 pm

"And if that doesn't work, we do have other options, right, Asmodeus?" La Rana proposed hopefully, turning to her winged teammate. "I mean, you can invoke stuff right? Couldn't you summon a plague of demonic locusts or winged imps to terrorize the guards and cause a panic while we do our thing?"
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Postby The Hellion » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 am

Sirens went off and the manic sound of footsteps filled the ship. The guards were mobilizing running back and forth on deck gathering into large groups as they began to search the ship.

"Sounds like trouble, give the orders we're out of time" Dani said as she extended her shadow out under the door, carrying with it her senses.






"I don't think we can break this ourselves" Cam mused. He looked out into the cell hallway.... "hmm..."
User avatar
The Hellion
Senior
 
Posts: 6721
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:21 am
Location: Éire

Postby Prince Blanche » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:57 am

"It might take a little focusing and preparation but I think I can summon some minor demons.... they might not really be that strong but could be enough of a nuisance to cause a distraction and-" the demon was taken aback by the sudden noise of the sirens.

"Well, this calls for quick thinking I suppose..." Veronica said, having gained enough composure by now. "Orders? Thoughts?"
User avatar
Prince Blanche
Senior
 
Posts: 8307
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm
Location: Barquisimeto, Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron