Learning Curve: On A Boat

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:00 am

"Very well."

Travis makes a split second decision.

"Rescuing BC and Borrower has to come first. We head to the front to try and break them loose."

The air around him glistens as ice crystals form in it, he's fireproofing himself.

"Asmodeus. If you can cast invisibility take Sculptor and make a run for the Suits avoiding conflict. If not then we all stick together."

Krilla's power flares and green insects of energy burrow into the mind around her. A psychic bomb she can trigger if they free her back into the fight.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:10 am

"Invisibility...." Noah repeated, biting his lip trying to remember. "Yes, I can, though I don't know exactly how long it would last so I think we'd have to be quick" the demon said while nodding. He looked at Sculptor, as if wondering if he was ready for their part. His eyes turned black, as he prepared to start casting the spell.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:54 pm

"Right." La Rana nods in agreement, cracking her knuckles before dropping to all-fours in a frog-like crouch, ready to spring into action. They had a whole lot of fight waiting for them on the way to freeing Borrower and Brain Candy, and she was ready to go. However, serious as the situation was, she still had the peace of mind to flash a smile to Asmodeus and Sculptor. "Good luck guys."

"Whatcha see, Cam?" Borrower questioned, trying to follow his teammate's line-of-sight out of the bars, hoping he'd found them a possible means of escape, or at the very least, something to work with.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Mitch looked at Noah, nodded, and began wondering just what being invisible would be like. He'd felt like he was invisible to some people, but that was because they hadn't realised he was there, or they were ignoring him, but being invisible for real would certainly be new to him.

"Which way to the suits?" He asked, as Noah prepared his casting.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 pm

The cells were all sealed with thick metal bars that tan across to the hinges and held them in place, all had electronic and manual components and none looked particularly delicate.

Cam and Riley were trapped inside a cell in the middle on the right, the corridor was empty and each lock needed a club ring to open.

Dani looked around. "The armour shouldn't be far from here, we need to move, the soldiers are sweeping the ship...should we set up a rendezvouz point if we get separated?" she looked to Travis

Lady Black stood by the wheel of the ship and gazed out the windows. "Kill on sight" she confirmed into the voice machine and then clicked the hand held microphone off.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Sighing as he focused on the spell, Noah traced a circle around him with his trident and gestured Mitch to come closer and step into it. "We have to be quick with this so...." he said, not really finishing the sentence before starting with the spell. He tried to focus at least a little on what Travis and Dani were saying, but partly hoped that Mitch would pay more attention than he could at the time.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Mitch nodded to Noah and stepped into the circle with him. One hand absently running a finger over a ruffled feather on one of Noah's wings, Mitch pondered a number of things at once.

"Maybe the lobby? There wasn't anyone but Hera in there when I saw it last. Might be a good place to meet up." He looked back at the panther, tilting his head to the side. The panther sneered at Noah once again, but it stood and walked to Mitch, carefully stepping over the circle and rubbing up against Mitch's leg.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:48 am

"Lobby works, we need to go now though, stay in communication and we will reconvene in the lobby, failing that...the port side lower level exterior walkway" Dani exclaimed. She swept the darkness around them as the door was kicked in.

I'll Run Interference she added

[OOC: Go straight to the cells at your whim]
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Travis shrugs.

Mobility and communication are our two big advantages. Regroup point is great but we need to stay flexible.

He gestures and a flight of shards launches through the open door striking the guards.

Let's go collect the captives ladies

Travis and the girls fight, run and sneak their way to the front of the boat and reach the cells.

You have to give them credit. I wasn't expecting the demonic pot plants.

I think Indiana Jones style rolling ball was my favrioute.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Let me out...his accent is killing my will to live, Cam projected privately.

He squinted again. There's someone else in here! Look out someone pitched a knife at Travis's back, a blur that vanished as it moved off to the left.

Troy slowly peered out behind the hall. "Guys..." he murmured. "Guards" he let the guard shoot him and then punched the poor chap into his colleague, two more ran up behind him.

Does anyone know where they would hide the book
? Dani asked as she retreated out into the darkness of the engines from the room she had left in disarray with shadow. Just so we can think in terms of our next step...
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 am

Sometimes instinct work against you. Travis turns to see what's happening and so the knife grazes his arm rather then hitting his armoured torso. Swearing he lashes out with a flight of shards. Though he can't see what he's aiming at.

"Cover!"

Or I'll cover while you bust them out!
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 am

'Got it, boss-man!' La Rana replied over the link as she ran up to the cells, hoping that Still would be able to hold off their mystery guest while she freed Borrower and Brain Candy. Grabbing a bar in either hand, she took a quick breath before she began. "Alright, you guys might wanna step back."

There was a piercing shriek of tearing metal as Jennifer's superhuman strength ripped the door from its hinges.

"At'a girl!" Borrower cheered as he practically leapt through the opening and gave Jen a quick hug, careful not to jar her too much so she didn't drop the door on them. "Thanks fer the save, lass." Riley smiled warmly at his friend before turning his attentions to the guards. "Now, if you'll excuse me," he cracked his knuckles menacingly, his smile turning to from warm to frighteningly pleased, "I've ta go ask one a' these nice 'gents what they did with my grand-dad's shillelagh/saber."
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 pm

The spell wasn't exactly simple, but once Noah had cast it, he and Mitch could feel as if something was covering them. Thing is, it felt less like a veil or mist and more like slime, almost as if it was a viscous membrane flowing over them. Definitely not enjoyable, though not disgusting enough not to be able to stand it.

It hadn't been a second after they felt it that Noah and Mitch went over to the armour, as fast as they could go, with the demon muttering the spell as they moved. The reached the armour within minutes, not having many complications and going unnoticed for the most part as they reached their destination.

"Well, that was a lot easier than I expected...." Noah said under his breath. Looking at Sculptor, he then added: "I think it's your turn now, isn't it?"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:30 am

The door opened and closed in the cells area as the unseen assailant escaped - he'd been clipped in the shoulder by a shard of ice and this had been sufficient to get rid of him No blood was spilt but there would be a a bruise of the highest annoyance.

Cam looked around. "He's gone...he's nearly undetectable even to my aura vision" he added. "Now...let's get going shall we?"

Dani peered over the balcony. Lady Black is heading for you, Noah and Mitch, she has a gang of her soldiers with her!
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:57 pm

"Crap, crap, crap!" Mitch growled under his breath. "How long have we got?" He asked on the mental link. He started on animating the first suit. His eyes glowed golden as he imagined it moving, acting by itself, attacking any Templar it saw. He knew these things would be efficient in their attacks; it's what they were built for, disposing of enemies.

The distortion of dark energies wrapped around him but remained separate. It was not yet a part of him. The darkness found these killing machines appropriately macabre and began to spill into the one Mitch focused on. Disciplined, efficient and lethal, the suit powered itself up and saluted the teenager whose subconscious will it now obeyed.

"Watch the door while I wake the others. Kill any Templars on sight."

If the battle-suit were able to express its sadistic glee it may have, but these weren't built to express, only kill. The animated suit marched itself to the door and kept watch as ordered while Mitch called up his power for the next one.
Towkarn
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner