Overconfidence is your worst enemy!

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Overconfidence is your worst enemy!

Postby Animal boy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Dr. Alexander sighed as she turned to her newest student and faculty member.

"I'm not sure about this ma'am" David said nervously his arms crossed.

"I've told you before please call me Doctor, and the Battledome is entirely safe, there are safety precautions for the safety precautions, and besides you already agreed to test the students on their abilities, you better get down there they are arriving!" she said as she looked down to see the students filing in.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Veronica walked sluggishly towards the battledome with her sunglasses on, trying VERY HARD to look presentable and respectable despite the obvious signs that she had been doing some not very wholesome things the night before.

Noah meanwhile entered the dome calmly behind her, waving as he saw Dr. Alexander and David.

"What do we have for today?" Veronica asked lowly, just low enough for the demon to hear her.

"No idea" Noah responded.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:48 pm

"Me neither" Tommy said holding Noah's hand
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Giovanni swagged past Tommy and Noah, intentionally jostling the smaller of the two boys as he made his way to stand at the lead.

"I heard it was some kind of test to see who gets bested by the new kid. So, y'know, I'm mainly just here to see which of you goes down first before I win." A hand flicked his long black hair away from his face, more for dramatic effect than anything else. Looking at those gathered he raised an eyebrow, a curious and smug smirk lining his lips.

"I don't think any of you have had the pleasure of meeting me face to face before, so let me introduce myself: I am Giovanni Adammo Voltumnae, son of Voltumna, the God-Prince of the great Etruscan people. Since you don't all look like your here for your genius-level intellect I won't expect you to use my full title, so you may call me Season."

With an elaborate bow and a flourish, Giovanni took Veronica's hand and kissed it. He stood straight again, a tiny hint of a glare up at Noah and then considered Tommy for a moment before he got bored and began to inspect his own fingernails.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Tommy glared at Season, this guy would get old really fast. He shared an annoyed look with Noah and then glanced at Veronica to gauge her reaction to his flirtation.

"Actually Mr. Volutumnae this is an exercise that tests each of your understanding, responsibility, and ingenuity with your powers" Dr. Alexander's voice rang from the speakers. Tommy couldn't be sure but she sounded somewhat annoyed by the arrogant new student who came parading into the battledome.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 pm

"My oh my, such a charming gentleman...." Veronica said. While seemingly amused, you could TASTE the dripping sarcasm in her voice. "Though seriously needs to contort himself just enough to get his cranium out of the odorous crevice it is stuck in" she added as she watched him walk off, rolling her eyes and

"Well, isn't this going to be fun...." Noah sighed as he spoke, looking at Giovanni but not really glaring. Yet. He just focused on what Dr. Alexander had to say so far.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:53 pm

"Doesn't look like anyone else is brave enough to try this test of yours, then, Dr. Alexander." Giovanni looked up to the screen with a shrug. "Why not get it started with us?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:53 am

"Pretty boy is right. I mean, maybe we should get started now, since it doesn't seem like there's going to be much movement from the others" Veronica said, fixing her hair a little.

Noah looked at both of them with a raised eyebrow. He wanted to see if anyone else would enter, but had to wait to see what Dr. Alexander would decide.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Safeguard » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Sean walked in and Nathaniel followed behind him, Nate bowed slightly at Doctor Alexander and another boy slightly taller than the Elemental walked with his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, his intense green eyes settled right on the Doctor and he immediately removed the hood from his head.

"Hello ma'am I'm new here, name's Sydney." He said with smile.
Safeguard
Senior

Return to RP Corner