Learning Curve: Green and Red

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Learning Curve: Green and Red

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm

OOC NOTE: Running Simultaneously with On A Boat, in short if your character is in there they cannot be in here

Scenario: Green and Red

Situation: The Eden Industries Green Technologies Biomass Production Plant has been working tirelessly on a moss that when burnt releases as much energy as petrol but 97% less airborne polution. A revolutionary fuel, however the facility has been taken hostage by a radical group known as WORLD FIRST who claim that it is a cover for a strip mining plan which undermines "the sovreignty of Mother Earth". Among the captives are David Newman the CEO, Prof. Lila Ibarez the head of the project and Dr. Robert Ortega the inventor. Your mission is to rescue them and the 15 scientists and workers in the lightly manned facility without any fatalities.

Objectives:
1. Rescue the hostages without any loss of life
2. Rescue Robert Ortega and his samples of the Green Fuel
3. Rescue David Newman and his laptop which contains data on the project
4. Rescue Lila Ibarez and he rmaster key for the project
5. Apprehend the leader of WORLD FIRST
6. Detain as many of the world first soldiers as possible
7. Prevent severe damage to the facility and its resources

Coordinator: Dr. Thunderfoot

The Holosuite was designed to look like a boat that could submerge itself, upon entering the simulation the student would find the water in motion but not actually moving, frozen in an instant. The automated boat had a map indicating it would be arriving at the cliff face upon which the facility was perched surrounded by the encroaching Jungle.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Thomas stretched under the simulated tree and waited for the others, despite the fact that everyone rushed to the other simulation Thomas wasn't in the mood for sea sickness, whether virtual or real, at the moment.

He took a look at the mission objectives and made a quick run through of potential tactics, if the World First folks where all human and had the handy idiocy of not employing robots then he would at least have some success.

Mike however was a bit more uncertain, he'd never really done any of these sims before and was flexing out with his powers to see if they would work on this virtual reality. He focused on a plant and encouraged it until it flowered and he smiled, hoping that in this place he would with any luck be at a significant advantage.

"So mon ami... work, pleasure or masochism?" Thomas asked the shy kid, flashing him a smile and resting on his heels.

"I'm sorry?" Mike responded, confused at what the question was, his right arm crossed against his body and holding his left elbow.

"The sim, are you here to train, for fun or have you annoyed the wrong person?"

"Uh, train I guess..." Mike mumbled, looking nervously at the floor. "I can control plants, and I thought it'd be good to try this one."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 pm

"As did I," came a voice from the tree above them, followed by a rustling of leaves and foliage as Aaron swung down to smile warmly at Thomas and Mike, hanging upside-down by wrapping his legs around a branch. Despite his fearsome warpaint, the Wise Monkey had a playful demeanor about him, excited for his first time in the simulator.

"I thought that this simulation might be a better practice run that the other, so I came as soon as I could. Practice makes perfect, after all." Aaron grinned mischeviously. "Besides, I move better in a setting like this. Confined areas like that boat would only limit my effectiveness." Having said his piece, he extended a hand to either of them, still hanging upside-down. "Aaron King, but feel free to call me "Wise Monkey," if you like. I'm fine with just "Monkey" too though"
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby Oni » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Faye gave herself a good shake once she was in the sim. God did she hate these things, but it was practice. She stuck a finger in her ear like she was trying to get water out of it. Of course, there was nothing in there but a faint and ever present ringing that the sims left in her sensitive ears. Ah technology, how she and it would always be at war. It was a love and hate, really.

Ignoring the ringing, she focused on the voices of the others. She brushed through some of the foliage, muting her presence for fun, before casually throwing her arm over Thomas' shoulders. "Are you trying to scare people again?"
Oni
Sophomore

Postby Darkness1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Thomas jumped, in an undignified manner and ended up behind Mike. His eyes like daggers towards the girl.

He huffed and turned his attention back to Josh. "The pleasure is all mine. I'm sure we shall have fun non?" he smirked, shaking the extended hand.

Mike shook Josh's hand hesitantly and scratched his neck. He smiled shyly at the hanging teen before biting his lip and flexing his free hand, reaching out to the plants.

"Foxblade, this is not the end ma cheriè." Thomas promised, smirking slightly. "Not the end at all."
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Oni » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:53 pm

The bright haired teen tossed her head back and laughed at her friend's little display there. She put her hands on her hips and looked up at the boy still dangling in the trees.

"Monkey right?" eavesdropping was a beautifully handy skill with her powers.

"Oh pish posh, Thomas, you're fine. Can't say the same for your dignity, but you're fine."

She glanced back to Aaron and shot him a grin. "The name's Faye, though if you're like Psycho over here, Clowe works just as fine. Remix is also an option if you prefer the whole code name thing."
Oni
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 pm

A brilliant blue head popped out of the door over the deck of the boat. "Hey, like, umm, there's a guy outside the door and he's like totally not coming in but he has a uniform and stuff on and like he's a super cutie?"

Troy stared as the girl leaned into the hologram, materialising out of thin air to address the people beyond. He'd been...away for a while...so many new faces but he was sure he'd seen her hanging around with Kilauea before.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Giovanni, that strapping Italian Demi-God, strode into the sim as if he owned the place. Seeing Troy trying to linger at the door he wrapped an arm around the pretty-boy's waist and pulled him toward the others.

"C'mon, bella, I won't let the big bad eco-terrorists hurt you." He teased Troy, chuckling at his own little joke.

Strolling into the middle of the group, Giovanni took up a strict stance and looked around at the other teenagers. "So! Not sure how many of you have already heard of me, but I'm Season, and I can miix up other peoples' powers; you guys are gonna have to tell me what you can do so I know how to make you better at it."

He took a few steps toward Faye, grabbed her hand and kissed it. "How about you, gorgeous? You look like you must be able to charm the pants off anyone," he gave her a wink and smile that made him look damn near edible.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Swift is on the deck doing push ups to warm up.

"For those that don't *ungh* know me I'm Swift."

He turns his next push up into a handstand then flips to his feet.

Swift is wearing his black body suit. Starting at the small of his back then going up along his shoulders and down his arm in a thin line is a pattern of off white feathers.

His face is obscured by a domino mask.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Troy yelped and flushed immediately as he was hefted by the young man onto the deck. "H-Hey stop that!" he exclaimed. "I-I can walk you know" he grabbed at his sunglasses to make sure they hadn't fallen askew.

Troy wore a dark blue and red bodysuit over his well toned body, he had a pair of silver and gold bracers with starbursts on them adorning his wrists and a small gold coronet on his head.

Ulla squeed and clapped her hands together. "It has been like SOOOO long since I did one of these! Last time it was with the team and Kilauea gave The Doomsinger an uppercut like you wouldnt believe!"

Troy hurried away from Season and made himself uncomfortable in the corner.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oni » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Faye raised a brow as Giovanni attempted to take command of the group. His little speech did little to impress her, though the hand kissing got a laugh. "You can call the gorgeous one Remix, hot stuff," and then using his own smooth tone she replied, "I play with sound."

She pulled her black, fingerless-gloved hand from him and stretched. The audiokinetic wore short black shorts, a neon green tank top, and heavy boots that boomed rather effectively with a bit of help.
Oni
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Ulla flipped her hair, she was wearing a blue and white wetsuit style outfit with a telescopic spear on the small of her back and a knife tucked into a boot. "OMG yeah I totally think we need a mission soundtrack!" she giggled her blue and green eyes twinkling with enthusiasm.

Troy looked between all the people gathered and nibbled on his lip a bit
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Giovanni looked about at the others. The monkey guy in the tree, the ghosty girl babbling excitedly, and the rest looked at least somewhat normal; as far as normal counted for anything in a school like this. He'd already heard about Swift through the rumour-mill - the kid who didn't have powers but was more of a hero than most of the other kids at this school despite that. Season looked to Josh and Mike.

"What about you guys?" He asked, still gathering information on powers.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:46 pm

"Good to know you, Faye." Aaron smiled warmly at the audikinetic before shifting his hand to the branch and allowing his legs to swing free for a moment, then dropping to the ground. Rising from his crouch, he offered Remix a hand in friendship. "And yes, it is "Monkey," though I take it you've already gathered that and my full codename."

'She sounds nice, Little Monkey,' Mizaru said thoughtfully, though only Aaron could hear the Wise Monkey who saw no evil.

'Such a pretty girl,' Kikazaru cooed admiringly, hands clapped over his ears. 'A fine friend, she shall make.'
Iwazaru remained silent, as the Monkey who spake no evil always did.

Surveying the others, Aaron could tell they had a good group on their hands. He didn't know many of them, but he had heard things, especially about Swift. He was already a widely known hero, and the fact that he had no powers spoke much of his determination to the cause of justice. Giovanni, however, was... Interesting. He didn't know the guy, but for some reason, he reeked of smugness and arrogance.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Despite his height and his muscle mass Swift is surprisingly good at fading into the background. While the others are distracted he makes eye contact with Troy.

"You alright?" He mouths silently.
candyman1989
Junior

Next

Return to RP Corner