Learning Curve: Green and Red

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Darkness1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Mike dived out of the way from one of the mutated dogs and went to restrain it with vines, only to see it whimpering in a pile as Thomas' eyes glowed light blue.

"Focus on turrets, I'll deal with any animals or people." he said quickly before going to join the others, keepif himself low to the ground. As he saw Troy take out the dog he whistled, before turning his attention back to the matter at hand.

Oog: so I've come home for the weekend and being the blond that I am I've conveniently forgotten my laptop >:/ H if I take too long to respond feel free to take control of Thomas or Mike. Should be back at uni Sunday evening so will have the laptop. Will try and post in-between however.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Ulla swept along the ground searching for signs of devices, while she was in her mist form she didn't trigger motion sensors, she was like an air current to them. She couldn't find signs of any laser lines but as she approached the complex she spotted moving guards.

She caught snaps of what they were saying and immediately hastened back to the others. "they heard shouting or shrieking they think monkies got over the fence, they're going to come around and take a closer look" she warned.

Troy bit his lip. "We should get to cover" he murmured.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 am

"Dang it!" Monkey hissed in frustration as he bolted for cover, palmin gthe back of his head as he did so. "Sorry guys. I thought we were completely muted, so I figured I could goad that dog into attacking like I normally do my opponents! So stupid!"
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:21 am

"Actually I think it was some actual monkeys being startled" Troy replied. "Either way we need to get to cover!"

He glanced at the restrained turrets and then headed for the line of rocks nearby. "This way!"

Ulla drifted around and finally settled near a camera. One touch and she could short it out so she had to be careful...
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:46 am

"Doesn't matter what set them off, they're coming. Everybody to cover." Giovanni waved them all toward the denser jungle. This wasn't ideal, but damned if he wouldn't find a way to make it work.

"If they're sending operatives out, we can get started on my plan for Remix to get into their comms." He looked to the rest of the group. "We're gonna have to take 'em out as silently and as quickly as possible. Same with the dogs; only no screeching this time, got it Monkey-boy?"

The smirk on his face showed he wasn't angry. Strangely enough, he looked like he was relishing this. Giovanni did love a challenge, after all...
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:29 am

"Got it, Season," Aaron nodded curtly, thinking for a moment about turning his telepathy on his own vocal chords temporarily if it'd help. Hou Quan and Dai Sheng Pi Gua utilized monkey calls to intimidate and annoy opponents, so it was a natural reflex by now. Still, he had some control over that impulse. He could take these guys out no problem. Reaching into his sash's pouch, he removed his segmented staff and depressed a button in the central link, fusing the ends together into a telescoping monkey staff.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:06 pm

The guards were dressed in combat fatigues with red goggles, they carried rifles and pistols and moved quickly along the grass.

A gaggle of furry grey creatures bounded away as one of the men fired his gun into the air and startled them. The guards moved around the large open green space, searching for signs of trouble.

they had ear pieces...ideal for Remix to attempt to latch onto with her audiokinesis.

Troy crouched behind some rocks near the cliff and watched. He could see a figure standing in the gateway, a large burly shape that moved out of sight seconds later. He signalled to Giovanni but by the time he'd caught Giovanni's attention it was too late to catch sight of the shape.

The guards seemed to loiter a bit before moving slowly back towards the gates.

Ulla watched from above and pursed her lips. She'd have to draw a diagram of the compound
The Hellion
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:34 am

The Facility was about 20 feet from the cliff face they had climbed up and the rocky outcrop many hid behind. Several cameras peppered the trees but focused on the green area primarily. The high wall topped with barbed wire surrounded the entire complex which consisted of two buildings, one a massive silvery greenhouse that was gleaming so bright one could not see what lay inside it and the other was a grey building with solar panels and windmills that had guards milling around it, there was a gate at the front and another at the back and it was flanked on all sides by trees.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:05 am

"Ulla, Animal Boy, you two are recon. Fly around and get as much info as you can without being seen." Once the two had taken flight, Season turns to the others.

"Okay guys, stay down and stay quiet. Remix is gonna listen in on those guards and learn their voices and speech patterns. The rest of us are gonna be prepped for ambush, but we only move on my mark, got it?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Darkness1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 am

"Mais oui capitain." Thomas laughed, giving as much of an exaggerated bow as was possible underneath the foliage. He was itching to be able to play a more vital role in the sim, hoping that he'd have the chance to utilise his own brand of psychic powers on the guards. However he wouldn't be able to use his normal disarming tactics of laughs and taunts, unless the opportunity presented itself.

A fun thing about being best friends with Faye was that he was learning how to throw his voice a bit, nothing special just what most public speakers could do. The mocking and snark he'd picked up from spending time around Cam.

Mike had the bushes grow a few more leaves to add more cover to them. "I could try and break the gate if you want? Use vines or trees?"

Things were going well and Mike was starting to understand this whole adrenaline rush thing Thomas seemed to love. Although he wondered if it might have been the overdosing on caffeine that drove him manic. Mike would never know.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 am

Tommy nodded his head and thought long and hard about what would be stealthy enough and so took on the form of a silver tailed bat
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Danny_the_'Net » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 am

"Roger that," Wise Monkey nodded, tightening his grip on the staff as he made ready to move.
Danny_the_'Net
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 am

The two airbound students soon spotted that outside the facility there were about seven guards on vantage points off the ground and that the rest of the group had moved into the greenhouse and main building.

As Tommy flew close his eyes spied people in white body suits cowering between the bushes and the glowing red eyes of goggles the WF people wore.

The chatter crackled and Remix suddenly found herself on their channel

The group of men returned into the yard and all but two headed to the main building, the pair of guards headed for the green house to guard the large doors.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Season shook his head at Mike's suggestion. "That's full-on assault, we need stealth until we can be sure we'll get to the hostages fast enough to stop World First executing any of them."

He looked at Remix, saw her concentrting on the sound and turned back to the rest of the group, whispering to try not to distract Remix.

"What we need is a second group ready to take the greenhouse by surprise once the main group's got the VIPs under wraps. Swift, Troy and Mike, you think you guys can handle that?"

"Me, Monkey, Psycho and Remix will get the VIPs. When we're ready, Remix will do a sonic scream into their comms; so when you see heads start exploding, move in and take 'em out as quick as you can."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 am

"Found some hostages in the greenhouse" Ulla reported. "Couldn't, like, see in the windows of the, like, main building though."

The guards had moved back into the lot and closed the gate over with the control box on the inside.

Troy peered over the rocks. "Um....well we have to get into the complex without being spotted...any thoughts?"
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner