Holiday from Reason

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 am

Travis raises an eyebrow.

"Somehow I doubt we have the same tastes."

The man in blue dances over to Noah who's seemingly alone and tugs on a feather.

"Nice costume."

Krilla gently weaves her mind through Mitch's, she does it so slowly and so gently that he doesn't even feel it. This is rare for her, she normal does the briefest of touches and leaves a tether to send her illusions to. This is more in-depth, more comprehensive. Mitch's mind is remarkably pliant.

How are you doing?

"Hmmm. I'm going to skip the easy answer of Dr Alexander and say Glamour. That level of deception, the complete inability to tell what's real and what isn't . It's terrifying."

They dance awhile longer before he asks his question.

"What's the bad habit you have that you just can't quite seem to quit?"

In the garden she begins a new song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkh-ZehNibg
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 am

The beat was like a living, breathing entity embracing him. The people surrounding Mitch and Krilla felt like one being. As if it was them versus the world. He was acutely aware of Krilla for some reason, and not just because he was admiring the way she danced. He tried to mirror some of her moves, keeping eye contact and trusting his body to participate in her movements of its own accord. It was amazing to feel the thrum of everything living entering him. He felt like his soul was reaching out around him and washing over the people here. It was almost like he could feel each of them in their bump and grind. Was Krilla's dance doing something to him? No, that was silly. It was the entirety of the moment, connecting him more closely to everything; including the monsters.

His golden eyes cast about the room, took in Noah and the man in blue. A thought struck him that they looked so completely the opposite of what they were, but he put it aside. A new question echoed through him, but it wasn't his. He'd almost forgotten that Krilla was telepathic. He smiled, didn't bother to strain his voice to be heard over the crowd.

I'm alright. They can't reach me here. There was disbelieving relief to this thought. He moved a little bit closer and let the flow of Krilla's movements continue through his own body to carry him into something else. Not how he danced with the man in blue, and not how he tried to mirror Krilla's movements. This was something new; at the same time, however, it was something that had no place in this moment. The movements of his body were graceful then jerking, fluid then terribly rigid. In his mind, the new dance was spread out into four different... things. Four creatures moved through his imagination, replacing his body in his own mind.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:11 am

The demon had been pretty focused on the experiment/entanglement/whatever-it-was that Travis and Cam were currently having, but after a moment and as was usual to him, his attention drifted to nowhere in particular as he remained very much alone. He eyed the other dancers every now and then, but didn't remain focused for long to stop being lost in his own thoughts.

The sensation of someone touching his feathers, rather tugging on them, was enough to get him out of his unfocused state. The demon let out a rather breathy gasp of surprise as he turned around to face the blue man dancing next to him, needing a few seconds to make the connection between who he was, what had happened and what he had said.

"I.... it's not a costume" was all that Noah could manage to say at the time, still quite surprised. "They're real wings... my wings" he added, his body moving just a bit but not really dancing per se yet...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

Kale, bored of sitting alone, and needing a refill anyway, hops up from his seat and moves over to the bar, lightly bumping into Travis and Cam as he does so. Bright Green and Neon Pink Swirls cover both their clothes for a few seconds before starting to fade. Leaning over the bar, he snags an unmarked green bottle that he stashed there and begins pouring himself the sparkling liquid from within into his cup where its colors shift and swirl randomly.

---------------

Across the room, the man in glasses runs his hands through his hair as his latest round of questioning turns up nothing. He falls back against the wall, muttering under his breath as he pulls out a cellphone and begins calling someone. Only a moment after he brings it up to his ear, he yanks it away, curses softly and tosses it in the nearest trash-bag, which he then kicks afterwards.

-----------------

Gryf shifts uncomfortable next to Troy. He didn't feel the cold as much, being from the northeast and rather tolerant to chilly weather, but even he would admit it was on the cool side. *Sorry I cannot do more. I wish I could.* Suddenly he thought of something and glanced around. There - 2 people snuggling under a blanket. Perfect. *Wait. I have an Idea. Do you mind if I touch your mind?*
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 pm

"Uh..... oh..... you shouldn't" Troy said. "You're an empath right? Yeah no thats not a good idea...last time it went really bad....ly" he trailed off. "It's fine I'm invulnerable it just takes time to kick in when it isn't serious cold..."

He watched the singer. "She's good" he noted

Cam narrowed his eyes. "Travis...you don't know the first thing about my tastes, or about me for that matter, or is there anything you can say about me that's definite?"

Cam went on the defensive by default. It was probably the terrible social maladjustment he had...or he could just be a brat...or both.

"Tough one...its a toss up between settling homesickness by watching Eastenders and Corrie on rainy weekday evenings...or singing in the shower, I'm not a bad singer it's just that my taste in songs to sing is...well rather silly" she sighed. "Who do you speculate would be the best kiss in PPA?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 pm

"It's not about you, it's about me."

Travis looks up at Cam, his emotions aren't displayed a visibly as others but their obvious to an empath, especially one with skin contact.It's at that moment Kale walks past, sending a riot of color over them.Travis takes a breath and his muscles un-tense

"I'm a sugar fiend. I don't have a sweet tooth, I have sweet fangs. When I go to the bar, I'll order a black Russian with a shot of butterscotch schnapps. Coke, kahlua, butterscotch schnapps. Plus the vodka but you can barely taste that through the sweet."

He looks up at Cameron.

"You drink your tea with two sugars, I have four on the rare times I drink it."

The man in blue looks at Noah with a bland expression then sighs.

"Lillim, as subtle as a shotgun blast."

He vanishes into the crowd a moment later.

Swift shrugs.

"Difficult question. A kiss depends so much on the build up. Is it a 'oh god we're going to die kiss' or a 'oh god despite the odds we survived' kiss? If I had to pick I'd say Jorge, empaths are well..."

He trails off for a moment then shakes his head to clear it.

"Giant monster. Vixxens aren't available. Who's your squad?"

Mitch's frankly bizarre mental makeup intrigues her as she dances with him. The way his brain deals with the crowds, the sense of disassociation with his own body and sense of self... 

Maki picks up a drink from the bar and makes her way over to Kale.

"Long time no see, how've you been handsome?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 pm

As they danced Mitch found himself smiling, genuinely smiling. What was it about Krilla that put him so at ease? Perhaps it was the fact she wasn't human. She was something completely different, and Mitch liked different. His faith in humanity was lacking, so perhaps that's why he felt more secure dancing with an alien instead of letting anyone else get close to him.

"What's the music like where you're from?" He asked, wanting to know more about her. "Do people have dance parties where you're from?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 am

Cam was still on the defensive. "Well since your psychic powers tell you whats in the drink and that you won't like it" he shrugged and downed it. "It must be nice to have all the answers" he wrapped his legs around Travis's waist and brought his knees up to his ribs. A little pressure and Travis had some difficulty breathing for a moment as he plants a quick kiss on Travis' lips. "And now we can say I took your breath away when we kissed" he sighed as he slipped off Travis' lap. "Have fun tonight" he said, rather sincerely for Cam, and then disappeared off into the dance floor.
The Hellion
Senior

Previous

Return to RP Corner