Holiday from Reason

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Holiday from Reason

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Ooc: Alright kiddies. This RP will have a social start then slide into investigation/superheroics. I ask anyone who doesn't already have their characters listed with Stats in Hellions Database thread (http://www.pridecomics.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2326

To list them as soon as possible. If they're not listed then your characters lose any challenges they're entered into.  What kind of challenge you ask? Well that would be telling.

The RP begins with a Rave in Pacific City. Your characters can sneak out with Krilla and Swift or make their own way there.

Cheers, Andrew

IC:

"How did you get an invite when I didn't?"

I have been here longer then you.

"You stole it from someone's brain didn't you?"

Absolutely.

Swift raises a masked eyebrow at Krilla in the dark near the wall.

"You know you shouldn't-"

In a blur of motion he's grabbed her and pulled her deeper into the walls shadow.

"Be quiet, someone is-"

I'm aware. It's fine. They're heading to the Rave like we are. You can come out, we may as well sneak out together.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:19 pm

"A psychic! Should o' known!" Season whispered as he dragged Sculptor over to the others. "You guys headed to the rave, too?"

"Would you please let go of me now?" Sculptor said, not keeping his voice down as he'd prefer to be caught and sent back to the dorms.

"Nope. I told you, I've decided you're coming out for a night of revelry and awesomenesss, then to pay me back you'll be carving a giant statue of me from marble or my followers back home. And stop trying to pretend you're not enjoying this, I know you've been gagging to use me as a model." Season ran a hand through his hair and let it fall over his shoulders.

Sculptor just gave Season a look that said almost none of this was true.

(Ooc: I'll get their stats posted up asap :) )
Last edited by Towkarn on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:56 pm

"Students trying to sneak off campus?" Dr. Thunderfoot's voice came from the shadows. Dani slipped out of the shadows. "A Rave? Where? When?" she paused. "...I suspect Cameron is already on his way there but Troy probably went to sleep early..." she smiled. "I like Raves but they are rather lost on me" she pouted.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Oni » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Faye of course was already geared up for a rave. She normally had a list of them pinned to her closet door to remind her when certain events would be happening. She couldn't miss potential chances to meet other DJs to get her name out there.

She was making her merry way down the hall, a muted little bubble around her as her boots clomped on the walkway. She tilted her head at the gathering and stopped so she could listen to them. A group headed her way it seemed. Black tripp pants, boots, a neon pink tube top that matched her hair, and a blue fishnet shirt - she was ready for this. Them... eh not so much.

"You guys headed to the PC Rave too?"
Oni
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 pm

There's a low whistle from Swift as he takes in Faye's outfit. 

"Nice."

We're wasting time. Follow me.

Krilla leads the group along the wall to a collapsed section that's yet to have been repaired. Pointing she shows the students where Coach Jack is lurking on guard. 

......Got him. Enhanced senses, bit tougher to fool then normal. Right, walk on through, he won't know we're there.

Swift moves gracefully across the rubble. His fine physique is hugged by tight grey jeans and a 'blink if you want me' t-shirt.

He's still wearing a domino mask.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Dani is hauling Troy out of the darkness as the others cross before Coach Jack. "Sorry, sorry I had to go and get him"

She claps a hand over Troy's mouth as he asks what is going on. "Don't ask, just follow us and stay quiet or I will be very upset and may even cry" she gave him "a look" and his expression went from baffled to defeated in a moment.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Huh. You know his poetry is actually pretty good.

Krilla seems to snap out of it. The students are seeing Cassandra right now. Who's dressed quite boringly in sensible shoes, a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants. 

At any rate the map point is about two kilometers outside the city limits. So we'll need wheels. 

Swift puts his hand up.

"I've got room for three plus myself and Krilla."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Oni » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Faye laughs at the whistle. "This is my sort of scene," she said not at all bashful about her means of dress.

She knows Krilla has them covered, but she still mutes the group from outsiders as they scramble with various degrees of agility over the rubble. Faye glanced at Dani, restrained a snicker at her threat and kept going. Troy had no choice anymore.

"Shotgun!"
Oni
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Sculptor lagged behind as much as he could, still being almost dragged along by the Italian. Mitch's clothes were baggy, as always, and covered in smears and splotches of paint in various colours; a few additional stains of vanish across his grey shirt and black slacks made them shine in random places. He looked very unimpressed with being forced to go along with this.

Giovanni, however, was intentionally dressed to the occasion. Some colourful body paint across his chest displaying his divine father's symbol and a black fishnet shirt over it, shining black pants with neon stripes of green and orange and black steelcapped boots with a red fire design going up their sides.

"Anyone else got wheels?" Giovanni asked, looking at Sculptor pointedly. Sculptor just returned the look for a moment until he realised Giovanni wasn't going to let this go.

"Fine. I've got room for two more, I guess, but it'll be a tight fit with the spare canvasses in the back..." Mitch sighed as he rummaged through his pockets for his keys.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 pm

"People! Vero, look, people!" they heard a rather familiar voice calling out near them, and a familiar winged redhead walked towards them, followed closely by the gynoid who just glared at him. Noah was dressed in a tight black t-shirt and pants, boots and straps all over him, which while not exactly his usual attire of "very baggy clothes" and showed a rather built physique he didn't seem to have before, seemed more fitting for a metal concert than a rave; whereas Veronica wore boots, fishnet stockings, a miniskirt that practically wasn't there and a black t-shirt with neon green letters spelling something in french, with some neon green and pink stripes here and there.

"In what language do I have to tell you to be quiet and sneaky?" Veronica said as she pinched the bridge of her nose and walked over to the others. "I guess I don't really have to ask where you're going, right? Do you mind if we tag along?"
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Fluttering was heard, and a rather familiar black raven perched itself on the demon's shoulder
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

"Hey Noah!" Mitch said, suddenly looking much happier about this situation.

"Ssshhh!" Giovanni hissed at him.

"You guys can come in my car... if you, y'know, don't have your own car or somethin'..." Mitch gave Noah a smile that was tinged with nervousness, just like his cheeks were tinged with pink.

Giovanni just rolled his eyes and hurried toward the vehicles.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:17 pm

"Mitch! Hey!" Noah said as he ran up to Mitch, standing in front of him and being in that awkward moment where he didn't know if he should give him a hug or what. He settled for offering his hand for the time being, flashing a happy grin at the boy before petting the raven that had decided to get on his shoulder, one that he knew already who it was...

After hearing Mitch's offer, Noah smiled and said "Are you sure we can go with you guys? I mean... it's not like we want to be a nuisance or anything, right?" he turned around to see what Veronica would answer, but found her found her gone from there.

"So which one was your car again?" Veronica asked as she walked over to the vehicles
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Mitch was hesitant to shake Noah's hand, but not because he didn't want to touch the demon. It was more because he'd expected a different greeting, though he wasn't sure what he'd expected.

"It's just over here," he whispered to the others, leading Season, Asmodeus, Aeon Diva and - unknown to him - Animal Boy to his car. A simple little white thing, nothing particularly expensive or flashy; just something to get from Point A to Point B.

"Guess I'll just follow the others?" Mitch said as the handful of teenagers piled into his car. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad...

Season was watching the other lot as they piled into the car and, taking a guess, thought as 'loudly' as he could: "Krilla, can you show Sculptor where to go?"
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

Swift's car IS fancy, jet black it has the sleek curved lines of something built for speed. He strokes it lovingly as he presses the button to unlock the the doors.

The engine starts with a button rather then a key and is quickly purring. He smiles at Remix at the front and grins at Dani, Troy and Krilla in the back.

"Seat-belts on everyone? Right. Off we go."

Despite a high speed departure there doesn't seem to be much noise. Theory does good work.

Season hears Krilla in his mind.

Certainly Mr Voltumnea. Inform Sculptor to consult his sat nav.

Sitting on Mitch's dashboard is a plushy Cassandra doll.

"Upon leaving the parking area turn left."
candyman1989
Junior

Next

Return to RP Corner