Holiday from Reason

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 am

Swift grins.

"I do love that game."

They dance for a little while as he decides on a question.

"Alright, first PP detention, what was it for?"

Travis looks blankly at the man. To avoid insanity at the rave his subtitles are set to touch, he didn't get a word. He looks at Chris, trusting her to answer for them.

Krilla watches Mitch. The face she's showing is kind of blank.

"I'm not part of their world. Or I wasn't at least. What I do, the way I appear as Cassandra, I reach out to people, into people and change what I find there. I see everyone, every wrinkle, every stain but no one got to see me."

She drops the illusion of Cassandra, showing Mitch Krilla.

I might look like on the outside I'm even stranger inside. I don't think the way you do, I don't feel the way you do, I can't even understand some of how you feel.

She walks forward and lays her hands on either said of his face. Her touch is cool and her body seems to tingle slightly as though charged with static.

These thoughts you have? You're not the only one to have them. For awhile I felt like giving up on making a life here but I didn't. I joined the Tritonettes, I took out a membership in a video club, my people don't have theater! I made friends, it took time and patience but I feel like I know people now. Not everyone understands me, or wants to but enough that I don't feel so alone.

Reach out to people. Make the first move. Coming here was a good thing. Come back inside and dance with me, strike up a conversation with a stranger. Put yourself out there and if you get overwhelmed calmly walk outside.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:06 am

Troy nibbled his lip a bit. "I -uh - guess, sure better than the rave" he looked around. "Don't suppose there's a spare shirt lying around" the cold was making parts of him react now and that just made him even more self conscious.

"Hmmm...if you must know, swearing in class and tardiness, I was a little bit on British time when I arrived, but it was mostly calling someone a *****ing ******bag that got me in trouble with Verdant" she said. "Your turn...who brought you to PPA?"

Cam patted Noah on the side of the face. "Extremes of emotion...they're marvellous - watch" he walked towards Travis and planted a kiss on his lips before slapping him not too gently, not too firmly, across the face. "So Travis tell me how you really feel about me" he said, he could take a punch and it would be worth it to see what happens next.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Prince Blanche » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Noah was a little surprised as he watched Cam, either trying to prove a point or just taking advantage of the moment, did what Noah thought wouldn't normally happen: kiss Travis. It was quite unexpected, but then again, that night was already quite unexpected for all things he was seeing, and it didn't seem like it would stop any time soon. He was expectant, waiting to see what Travis would do now...
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Chris shakes her head sadly, placing a hand on T's shoulder.

"I'm afraid we haven't but if we do we'll let her know that you were looking for her."

Thomas is back at the bar and deciding on another drink, he chooses lemonade, although he soon realises his mistake as he's served the American equivalent of the European version. Nothing short of over sweet and acidic. Grimacing as he takes a taste he resolves to leave the drink and heads outside, picking out a cigarette and neon green zippo from his pocket.

Once outside he lights up and takes a drag. When someone wrinkles their nose at him he rolls his eyes and exhales with a pointed enjoyment. If anyone had a problem he couldn't give a toss.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

What Krilla was saying was right, it made sense, so why did he feel like it wouldn't work? Maybe because he just didn't have a frame of reference for when it would work; at least, he didn't think so. There were so many people here, and he knew he didn't belong with this sort of a crowd, but maybe that was exactly why he was here. Maybe Season had been right in forcing him out of the art studio, maybe Krilla was right to make him go back inside.

"I... I guess..." he hesitated, not sure if he could handle going back inside. Something in his head said he should just get back in his car and leave; go back to school and try to get back in without getting caught, pretend none of this ever happened. He bit his lip, distracting himself with thoughts of how Krilla's hands had felt touching his face and the way her words resounded in his mind.

"Okay," he nodded slightly, "let's go inside." He shivered at the cold air and hoped he hadn't just made a horrible mistake as Krilla lead him back inside.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 pm

When Cam kisses Travis there's a rush of cold through the air. It's not as intense as it might normally be but it's still there. 

The slap hurts. It's pulled but still bloody painful.

Emotion plays over Travis  face and he glances quickly to where Maki is, she's stopped dancing and is watching him, waiting for a cue.

His eyes lock back on to Cam and narrow. The barest hint of a smile playing at the corner of his mouth, maybe anyway.

"Why should I? You're an empath aren't you? You tell me how I feel. Can you find me in chaos of the rave? Can you pick out which feelings are related to you and which are background noise?"

He holds Cams gaze, this is a game, a test, a battle. 

"If you want to know what I think of you, well that's different question altogether."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:32 am

"I prefer to let actions speak louder than words" Cam responded as he pressed close. "I can tell when someone lies usually... powers or not" he ran his hands across Travis' chest... then raked his fingers and nails down to the abdomen. "In all this chaos? Who knows if I'll find you...but if you want a game lets have a game" he whispered. He place another single kiss on Travis' cheek, a small mote of light hopping from the flesh into his mouth. "So what are the rules?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 pm

The man in front of Chris and Travis sighed. "Shoot. Alright thanks." As he turns to leave, he pauses momentarily at the exchange between Travis and Cam before moving on, shaking his head.

-------------

Gryf glanced around but wasn't expecting any such luck. *Sorry, I do not have one. The best I could do would be my wings,* realizing that might be a bit awkward, he tried to come up with an excuse. *But, I...I am not supposed to extend them while in public.* He cringed slightly at how ridiculous he sounded.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Krilla leads Mitch back inside. To the rest of the world she looks like Cassandra in her LBD but to Mitch she keeps the image of Krilla in track suit pants and hoodie. She leads him out onto the floor to dance, keeping contact with him at all times, she's got his back. If he starts to have panicked oh-god-i-can't-do-this thoughts she'll know.

Swift smiles.

"I brought myself. Theory gave me a recommendation and is paying for my tuition though so I suppose you could say him. It was my idea though, I want to respect a PP education gives you in the cape and cowl community."

He dips Dani then brings her back up.

"Most ridiculous villain you've ever had to fight?"

Travis shrugs. Seemingly indifferent to Cam on his lap.

"A game is only as fun as it's stakes. We know what you want, for whatever reason you've decided that you'd like to know what I feel about you. What's in it for me?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Cam grinned. "It's win win for me, what is it you want? What would you like as a prize? A free punch? A "study session"? Someone humiliated? For me to humiliate myself upon failure? What is it you want, Travis? Lets star the game with something as simple as that" he ran his finger down the mage's chest with a grin.

"Oh I don't know the simulation of the Disco Devil was one but there was the big nerd that animated his playing cards..." Dani mused. "Alright, who do you find to be the most attractive male in Poseidon Prep?"

Troy eased into a bean bag and looked around nervously, arms clapping around his body on reflex
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Not realising that others can't see her the way he does, Mitch wonders how much drugs the "norms" must be on that they're not even reacting to Krilla. He follows, almost obediently, as she leads and they make their way back to the dance floor. Slowly the music worms its way into his body again, his shoulders and hips moving without him noticing. They stand together in the throng of crowded dancers, Mitch slowly starting to enjoy the music again.

As the beat thrummed through him, the lights playing with his vision and the crowd closing in around them, the artist took a calming breath. They're not trying to shove this on me, he assured himself. They don't care who they dance with, they're just here to dance, just like you are. Forget about them, they don't need to be real right now, just the music, just Krilla and the music, he kept thinking this until it was like a veil over his eyes. His body was moving despite the anxiety of his thoughts, he was already dancing with Krilla and the entire crowd. His body language and expression showed only the joy of freedom, even while his mind was chanting.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Maki is dancing with the man in blue near Noah.

Swift dances awhile, considering the question.

"Tough one. I would say Chip though, aside from the fact that I'm a sucker for blondes the accent is very sexy."

"If you could swap powers with any one person who would you pick?"

Travis looks up at Cam calculating rapidly.

"I want......a date. Dinner and a movie, my choice your treat."

Maki chokes on her drink and the man in blue looks at her. She waves him off and he dances with someone else instead.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:13 am

Cam's face flickers to jaw dropped surprise and then just as quickly to the cool and collected expression of a young man who is in control. "Oh sure, fine, but within the parameters of budget of course otherwise we go dutch"

Dani frowned. "Tough one. To be honest I couldn't tell you. The dark is such a part of me I never considered what I'd have without it or that i could ever get rid of it. If there was a swap...oh I don't know...Possibly Verdant it'd be nice to be connected to something as vital as the earth"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:32 am

Travis manages admirably to keep a straight face and nods solemnly. 

"Of course. I've reasonable expectations I assure you."

He tilts his head to the side.

"Right, I've cooled of enough and finished the water. Time for another drink."

"Being able to heal would be nice. It's a less common power but a more valuable one. Your question."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Cam reaches out and snags a red cup he'd left behind Travis' head, twisting to straddle his hips. "Share?" he suggested.

Dani laughed. "I forgot, my bad, hmmm lets see...person you would least like to go up against in a fight?"

Troy covered himself up and shivered lightly, it was warmer but only slightly.
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner