Super-Frisbee

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Thomas sensed something wrong and Troy's nervousness didn't require and empath to notice. Thinking on his feet he reached out with his powers, his eyes glowing an ethereal blue as madness gripped everyone around the field, the only one he didn't engulf being the scared blond. Hallucinations, delusions and voices playing with their sense just long enough to draw their attention away from the poor lad. The strain was intense, he'd never had to contend with the powers of god given attraction before but he put effort in and shifted the attention away.

A trickle of blood ran from his nose as he concentrated on so many people at once.

Mike was gripped with the idea that plants were out to get him and that brambles were clutching at his feet, their thorns gripping into his legs, blood seeping from them. As the feeling abated and he was released from Psycho's grip he struggled for several minutes to catch his breath and steady himself.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Cameron sensed the rush of Madness. "Sorry Thomas" he murmured. "But...No" the easiest way to deal with a psionic power was to send it to ground, more particularly Cameron redirected it into Thomas. If anyone could disperse it it would be him. Cameron's body flared with his red aura and the psychic energy flowed into it, the dark violet of the energy Thomas used swirled around him and then made its way back to Thomas.

The strain was immense but if madness gripped this crowd even as the spell of Troy's charisma wore off it could get ugly in a whole new way.

The best he could do on short notice was diminish the violence of the madness but not kill it completely. Troy scrambled away from Giovanni. Good. Cam would hit him with a folding chair later for touching his friend.

God Power or not!

Cam felt his body trembling as he dealt with the widespread psychic power. Ugh...gross...and tiring... but if he kept it up he could neutralise the wave entirely
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Thomas felt the backlash off of Cam redirecting it and blacked out. That much recoil sent him over the edge and his mind reacted in the only logical way of saving him. The madness diminished, leaving a few lingering touches, maybe a fear of the number three here or a belief that peanut butter was planning to assassinate the president.

The french psychic was out of it for a while.

Mike steadied his breathing and tried to lean on something but missed and fell to the floor. Around him several daisies bloomed and formed a protective ring around him. As he picked himself back up he noticed that an oak had already seeded and some snowdrops were out in summer. He quickly set about rectifying the situtation even if he felt dizzy.

Chris sighed and shook her head. Thomas unfortunately reacted on times without thinking and that, especially given his powers could be deadly. She moved towards some of the other students to ensure that none had suffered any severed trauma.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Thomas' powers cause paranoia in Travis. Amplifying to an extent what is already there. He feels something encroaching on his mind, trying to use his eyes to look at what's causing the commotion in his distant heart.

Mental walls slam in to place. Constructs of will the divide the presence like knives then reflect it back on itself.

NO! This is my mind! Our pact gives you no rights here! How dare you invade this place where I am sovereign!

Frost is starting to coat the ground around him as he pushes against the frankly tentative invasion.

Travis knows that if he's right in his suspicions, and of course he's right, then he can't fight the intrusion to his mind and win. So his best bet is to remove the lure.

He claps his hands and barks a command. A pile of snow drops out of thin air, burying Gio and Troy, hiding them from sight and cooling passions. Atleast for a moment.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Cam glances at Travis...then shakes his head and dismisses the idea. Oh his head...his aching, throbbing head and the stiffness in his neck...the weight of the psionic attack is almost crippling him. So much power in so little time. Speciality Psychics...they tend to do what they do very well indeed.

But he can't tremble or falter, he must stay strong...he cannot show it in front of the others, he has to focus on

Troy splutters and pulls himself from the ice, he found his sunglasses and made sure to fasten them on securely. "pfft, ptuh, eww"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 pm

"Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you, idiota," he continued growling at Cameron, unaware of the telempath's efforts to protect the large gathering of kids.

"I said LOOK-" and then he was covered in snow. Immediately fighting his way out of the random snowdrift, spitting out the ice crystals and trying to shake the ice out of his hair, the Demi-God was looking like he had gone from a burning rage to cold vengeance as his own Winter kicked in.

Troy's blessing from Aphrodite was suddenly snuffed, but the ice and snow got colder. Stepping out of the snow, now looking completely calm and calculating, he hoisted Troy out of the snow and set him on his feet.

Taking a moment to breath and calm himself, he let go of the winter chill and his aura returned to normal. Taking stock of the situation, he once again saw the small spiked thing on the ground. Carefully picking it up, turning it around in his hands and inspecting it, Giovanni brandished it at the kids sitting in Travis' protective circle; they were known for being interested in weird artifacts and things, so maybe they'd know what this was.

"Hey guys, check this out," he called out and lobbed it to the group, aiming to have it land just outside their circle. The frisbee game was apparently forgotten after all this commotion.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Tommy was grateful for the border collie mind shielding him from the major brunt of Troy's allure, it still affected him somewhat, but by allowing himself to indulge in the canine mind that did not have a sexual interest in some human allowed him to stay rational and once it looked like the problems were taken care of and they moved on to the spiked thing Tommy finally changed back to human form and said "I wonder, are there any smooth surfaces on it?"
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Oni » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Faye's own bit of paranoia showed itself with Thomas' power flair. Images of wraiths and skeletal arms climbing out of the ground had flashed in front of her eyes before Cam could send the power back.

Those surrounding her had gone mute as she had tried to shut the images away. She caught herself as it wore off and the volume suddenly turned back up on everyone at the tail ends of their speech. "Sorry..." she muttered. "Mind repeating that?"

She rubbed the back of her neck, the hair still on end, and went over to Thomas, gently prodding him with her boot. "Psychics..."
Oni
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:18 am

Travis walks over to the object and kneels down to look at it. Murmuring he passes a hand over it and closes his eyes.

"Well there's magic in there and something that it feels like it could be psychic energy. Chris? I could use a hand."

Travis reaches backwards without turning, offering the witch his hands.

"I can feel ties of power leading off around the school but I need your help to narrow down the type, your sense are more acute then mine."
candyman1989
Junior

Postby The Hellion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 am

Cam opened his aura vision, his eyes flickering with red light. "I'll look for psychic powers" he confirmed. Troy looked around, very ashamed he'd screwed up so, his goggles had been trod on in the snow and broken but they were easy to replace and he fortunately had his wrap around sunglasses.
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 am

Chris kneeled down next to Travis and her hand glided over the object for any wards. While Travis had more power than her, she was a bit more subtle in her spells and had learned to notice similar techniques in other magic.

A brief glow of yellow emanates from her hand and she closes her eyes and concentrates. Her hand jolts as she feels a spark from the object.

"There isn't anything overt unless they've worked some very subtle magic, all I'm picking up from this is a faint remnant of lightning magic."

Thomas is still out for it despite Faye nudging him with her foot. A few strands of his hair have covered his face and he's breathing evenly.

Mike walks over to the group and pulls out his pencil and pad before taking a quick sketch of what the object looks like. It might be useful later but he just thinks it's pretty.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby The Hellion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:41 am

"I can see something" Cam reported as his eyes lit up and the world shimmered with colours, auras flickering around people, strands of power drifted in the air. "Some sort of power resonance from the projectile to elsewhere...it feels like................Technopathy perhaps?"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:20 pm

The thin threads connecting the object to... whatever, were barely perceptible, but slow tracking would get one on the right path and they certainly seemed static enough that heading in the one direction would locate the other links in this strange chain.

Two links were most easily noticeable from this spiked object, one heading toward the gymnasium and the other toward the dormitories.

"Technopathy?" Giovanni raised an eyebrow and turned to the kid who had made the super-frisbee. "It was you!" He exclaimed, the other student immediately and fervently denying it.

"No, no, no! It wasn't me! I'm not a technopath, I'm a metallurgist!"

"You what?"

"I manipulate metals. I don't do electricity and wires and stuff, just metals themselves. Chris said that thing has some sort of lightning or electricity around it, and I don't do that."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:25 pm

"Season, the boy is an elemental power type, this was done by a psionic who can control machines, there is a big difference!" Tommy told Season, hoping that the guy would pull his head out of himself for just one minute and actually listen.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby The Hellion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Cam started walking after the thread of technopathic energy. Troy cast a glance around and then hurried after his friend. "If I ever think the Venus trick works to make things better...remind me of this...it was so embarassing"

"Oh it could have been worse" Cam sighed

"How?"

"Well there are other people that could have kissed you"

"Oh Cam don't be so mean" Troy sighed. "You're hard enough for people to get close to"

"I don't want anyone to get close to me" he replied. "Thats what you want" Troy blinked - Cam had hit that nail on the head.
The Hellion
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner