Super-Frisbee

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby candyman1989 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Travis trots after Cam and Troy, following the line.

"So what the hell was that before?"

Krilla lays a soothing hand on the boy's shoulder. She and the other cheerleaders have decided they like this one, fear for whomsoever is foolish enough to harm their pet.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

"Oh, well, actually, I'm neither psychic nor an elemental. When I say I'm a metallurgist, I meant it in the scientific sense. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you," the geeky kid said to Animal Boy, scratching the back of his neck and looking rather embarrassed.

"Whatever - Hey, where are they going?" Giovanni jogged over to Cam and the others. "You guys figure out what it is? When I find out who put that thing there, they're gonna learn not to put dangerous things like that where people might hurt themselves on 'em!"

The group wandered toward the school's gymnasium. The thread of technopathic energy was easier to follow as they went.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 am

"Just the problem with being a direct descendant of Venus" Troy muttered as they walked, his shoulders slumping as he did. "I bleed off the "element" of love and it can...get out of hand. It's why people like me and junk thats all, its an effect that is always on."

Cam rolled his eyes and grimaced as he spotted Giovanni. "If he touches you again I'll cut his hands off, you're out of his league, way past him."

"Thats the power talking"

"No thats friendship talking" Cam replied.

"Everyone deserves to be happy Cam, he's happy being himself"

"...yes pity no one else is happy he's himself"

"It seems to be a strand of power resonance" Cam said so that he could be heard by Giovanni. "We'll get to the bottom of it eventually"
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Mike just looked at the scene without being part of it, it looked as thouh this kind of thing was a regular occurrence. He groaned, the brochure had promised that the school was safe and in no danger at all. Clearly they hadn't factored on the danger from the students.

Chris walked alongside Travis, still casting suspicious looks at the device. If someone had mixed science and sorcery then they were in for a headache. The Sunset archives didn't have much on this hybrid tech Jake as far as she was aware and she could count on one hand the amount of people she knew who had any knowledge about this stuff.

There's a groan from the floor and Thomas comes to. He rubs his eyes and steadies himself up. Looking as though he had the mother of all hangovers he held his head in his hands and tried to stop the room from spinning. "What'd did I miss?" he asked, not looking up in fear of getting vertigo.
Darkness is merely a cloak for my Pets.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:32 pm

The group followed Cam and Chris, the thread of power that connected the object to whatever else was at the other points getting easier to follow as they went. The trail took them to the gym, or rather behind the gym. It ended at a dirt patch that looked obviously freshly turned.

"I'll grab a shovel," Giovanni said and dashed to the greenhouse and back. He pushed into the ground where Cam and Chris. Said the trail was glowing like a beacon and hadn't even gone a foot deep into the earth before he struck a metal object. Flipping it out of the hole with the shovel, and spraying people with dirt in the process, he revealed it to the group.

It was another spikey object; flat on the bottom and sharp everywhere else. It lay at Cam's feet, the spikes turning toward him as if straining to reach him, quivering in their eagerness.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:50 pm

"Well that's appealing" Cam muttered. "Seems very eager to get acquainted with me"

"Be careful" Troy warned.

Cam looked at the device from a distance and then at the whole. "Looks like someone with a fixation on sea urchins to me..."
The Hellion
Senior

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:37 am

Travis kneels down to stare at the thing.

"So am I hexing the crap out of it?"

His tone is vaguely interested. He's calmed down from the brain invasion earlier and can feel again, as much as he ever does. He flips it over with his foot.

"I wonder how you open it. Or if we even want to."

Krilla walks up having followed the line and still wearing the Cassandra persona.

"Right. Am I brain paging a teacher? Or do we want to find how many there are first?"
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am

The metallic sea-urchin continued waving its spines at Cam's nearest foot. Giovanni put the shovel under it and flipped it over, revealing the flat underside with what looked like a removable plate. No visible screws or rivets held it in place, and there was no handle to pull it out.

"Dunno," Giovanni shrugged at Cassandra's suggestion. "It might be a toy made by one o' the tech geeks," he suggested, leaving it unsaid that these could be the work of a villain since, surely, everyone would already be thinking that.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 am

Cam stepped backwards. "Huh...seems eager to get at me, wonder if it's something that just detcts the nearest person as a target"

"I hope not, thats a really cruel weapon" Troy muttered
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:17 am

Chris walked around the device, drawing a quick rudimentary circle with her foot. After she'd made a full 360 she whispered a few hushed words and the circle glowed a faint yellow. Turning to the others she gestured to the ward.

"It's just a precaution to make sure it doesn't jump at anyone and impale them. It's a weak ward, nothing that negates the flow of power it does acts as a physical barrier between us and it."

She hears Travis' question and tssks.

"No, it may have some warding on it that could reflect it. I'm getting a lot of electric emanating off of it but I cannot be sure if it's magic or technology. It's well... resonating but none too strong."

Thomas joined the group, massaging his temples and looking at the group, then at the device, then back to the group. "So what artifice of the apocalypse is this?"
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

With Cam taking a step back, the urchin switched to brandishing its spines at Travis, as he was the next closest person to it; except for Chris, but it didnt seem to notice her.

"That answers that question," Giovanni shrugged. "Can you open it?" He asked Chris.

While the students were inspecting it, the little machine seemed to realise it was upside down. The spines shifted and turned and flipped it back over.

"Hey, no cheating." Giovanni chuckled at the thing, flipping it over with the shovel once more. He looked to Thomas and shrugged. "No idea what it is, but this one's way more lively than the last. Maybe Troy broke the first one when he decided to play freight train."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby The Hellion » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 am

"I'm realllly sorry about that" Troy said. He glanced at Cam. "Someone had a really bad idea"

"It worked"

"People could have been hurt" Troy exclaimed.

Cam eyed the spiked device. "AI or...is it still controlled?" he mused and looked at the device for signs of power traces
The Hellion
Senior

Postby Darkness1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:44 am

Chris looked at it and went to touch it, wondering if it would notice her.

"I'm not the best with technology but if it's similar to certain wards then it reacts to heat or some kind of living signature, like a pulse or breathing. That'd be my guess. Not sure if I could open it, I could try but I can't guarantee anything."

A yellow aura appeared around her hand and around the object as she willed it to open, unsure of it would.
Darkness1
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:45 pm

The urchin still didn't notice Chris, no matter how close she got, instead groping at Travis with its spines. As Chris willed it open, the spines all straightened out and the small panel popped out, bouncing off into the grass.

Inside was a complicated mess of clockwork, tiny cogs whirring and spinning, and not a wire or computer chip in sight. The electricity Chris could feel was being generated by what at first looked like a tiny rotary engine; except it wasn't using any kind of fuel. Behind the engine, just barely visible, was a miniature analyitcal engine ticking away.

"What the hell? What's with all the cogs?" Giovanni asked, complletely baffled. He'd been expecting computer pieces, obviously.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Oni » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Faye peered over the shoulders of those closest to the little urchin and repressed a snicker at the cogs. "Steampunk much? Do we have anyone on campus who fiddles with this junk?"
Oni
Sophomore

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner