Acceptance

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 am

"Right... right... sorry, I thought you were asking me on a date." He sighed in relief and relaxed his posture, not realising how hurtful his obvious relief might be to the other boy.

"Well, if you like, I can show you some of my animations." He offered, trying to make reparations for freaking out. "I mean, if you want... I've got a few that I've set aside for using in the sims. Maybe you could tell me if they'd be any good, since you do a lot of them..." One arm crossed his stomach to hold the other, the skin on skin contact making him realise that something was missing. Looking down, he finally saw his singlet was missing, having fallen off while he was upside down on the bars.

He wandered over to the bars, bending at the waist to pick up the singlet and putting it back on as he walked back to Joel.

"Um, I really need a shower, I'm kinda sweaty and gross... so... Uh..." he decided to stop talking before he put his foot in his mouth again. He turned and made his way toward the changing rooms and showers.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:37 am

"oh, um I need to go in the showers too, I could you know wait five minutes and then you could" Joel realized that he would have to be really patient if he wanted to move things beyond friendship, but then thought about how it would all for nothing if he was straight and so asked "Sorry for scaring you with the dating thing, I mean a lot of guys here like me are gay or bi, I hope it isn't too intrusive to ask?"
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:49 am

At the comment of waiting between showers, Mitch frowned, wondering why that would be necessary. The showers were big enough for the entire football team - and considering one of them was over 7 foot tall, that meant plenty of room - so it wasn't like space was an issue. It wasn't a normal gym period, so there wouldn't be too many people in there. He shrugged and forgot about the question.

"You're a bucket o' questions, aren'cha?" Mitch chuckled at his own borrowed expression - another of Pop's. "I, um..." he paused in trying to answer that question. It wasn't hard for most people, but Mitch just wasn't sure. "I... dunno... my dads are. Well, Dad's not, but Pop and Daddy are." His gaze rose to the ceiling as they walked on, as if it could give him an answer.

They reached the changing rooms and Mitch strolled right in, found his locked and kicked off his shoes.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 am

"Anyways the animations things sound really cool I'd be glad to help you decide" Joel said smiling and then when he heard the answer to his heart sank but at the same time he had a glimmer of hope. The kid may just want to experiment and may decide he really is straight but at the same time he thought about how straight people do not question their desires usually.

He then turned so that he get in the shower but not before giving Mitch an eyeful of what underneath his shirt. The Chinese kid was pure muscle, with an eight-pack he was quite proud of.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:35 am

Mitch didn't look at other people while they were naked in the change rooms, because it didn't seem polite. He never really had any problem with nudity; there was plenty of it in art from most time periods. He was more concerned in getting himself clean right now, though.

When they were done with their showers, clean and dressed, Mitch led the way to the art rooms.

"So last time I was in a sim, I took along a sculpture of a Tasmanian Devil. It... I don't think I'm allowed to take that one with me again..."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:42 am

"Really? Why?" Joel asked
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:02 am

"Well, it got confused and bit one of my teammates..." he said, scratching the back of his head and looking rather guilty. He paused and looked around at where they were in the halls. "It's, uh, this way," he said, leading the way to the art rooms.

"So, um, some of these aren't very good, but... um..." He just trailed off as he opened the door.

Within the art room, displayed around the room, were four sculptures in various sizes. The first was a coiled anaconda looking ready to pounce, etched scales worked all across the exterior to make it seem even more lifelike. The second was a white tiger, with a white sheet over the back half of its body. The third, crafted to look like a goblin, had long and jagged claws that reached down past its own knees. The last was completely covered, but the shape beneath the sheet was vaguely the size of the tiger, but there were very odd protrusions and pieces making the sheet look as though it was draped over a pile of junk.

"So yeah, I figured the anaconda would be good for, like, a stealth job or something, and the tiger would be good for a full-on assault type thing."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 am

"is it unfinished?" Joel asked
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 pm

"Er, sort of. I didn't do the hind legs right, so I'm reworking them. I just haven't figured out how to do it without losing a lot of mass. I don't want to have to carve down the rest of it to match the hind legs, 'cause it might come out with the wrong proportions or something."

He ran his hand over the tiger's face, the wood delicately carved to give the sensation of fur. He looked at the goblin and gestured to it.

"That started out as something for Halloween. One of the cheerleaders, um, Clarissa I think her name is... she asked me to make a goblin that would follow her around and stuff." He gave the stone goblin a pat on its wrinkled head. Its pointy ears jutted out at odd angles, its smile was full of nasty teeth, and its claws were curved like talons.

"I need a name that suits it. I think Clarissa just called it 'goblin', but I think it deserves an actual name just for itself."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:49 pm

"Gimme" Joel said
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:16 pm

"Gimme?" Mitch frowned in thought, trying to figure out what that was supposed to mean.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:51 pm

"It's just I was thinking about this show I like, united states of Tara, about a woman with dissociative Identity disorder, one of the personalities, Gimme is an animalistic creature that was described as a poncho goblin because it wears a poncho before it was named" Joel explained
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:08 pm

"Oh, I think I've seen that show... the son's gay, the daughter has an affair with her boss that ends badly, and the husband is that guy who was in Desperate Housewives, yeah?" He chuckled and looked at the goblin statue.

"I suppose we could put a poncho on him," he mused, patting the goblin on the head.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:41 pm

"yeah that one" Joel said an then said "i don't know I just liked the name" he shrugged
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:20 pm

"Yeah, it's a funny name, but it's been done, and I want something more original..." Mitch sat down in front of the goblin, golden eyes glowing, and suddenly it began twitching its claws and nashing its teeth.

The goblin looked about, making sure there weren't any threats about. It clacked its claws together and strange chittering noises echoed from its throat. It blinked up at Joel, not understanding with its basic mind how a person with no limbs could be floating like that; but Mitch did not regard the younger boy as a threat, so in the end he was not so interesting to the goblin.

Mitch reached out to pat the goblin once more and it gurgled happily at the touch, cllosing its beady little black eyes and stretching its neck out to get more scratches. When Mitch took his hand away the goblin immediately looked for something else to entertain it. It climbed the worktable next to it and started gingerly picking up tools and sniffing them.
Towkarn
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner