Acceptance

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:06 pm

"You seem comfortable with your creations" Joel observed
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm

"They're like... another part of me. We're connected." He saw, standing up and letting the goblin roam around the work bench.

The goblin found a pile of wood shavings, picking one up and chewed it. It apparently found the shavings to be rather tasty, because it proceeded to pick more up and shove them in its mouth.

Mitch looked at Joel, pondering again. Most people were surprised, shocked, even freaked out when he animated things that shouldn't move; especially something like the nasty little goblin. Well, I suppose things being able to move when they shouldn't is already a big part of his life...
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 pm

"kind of like my phantom limbs" Joel said "It's nice that no one's scared of me here because basically a lot of people are freaky but you seem very unphased by me, more so than your average superkid. All the kids back home are scared of me, but believe me that was a step up than how they were before" he finished with a slightly bitter twist to his words.
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Mitch blinked at Joel's frankness. People usually tried to double-talk their way around him, so if he called them out on their lies they could try and excuse it somehow. Not Joel; Joel just spoke the plain truth. It was refreshing.

"Um... maybe. I don't really have to think about making them move, though, they just kinda do their own thing. They all have different personalities, too."

The goblin continued eating wood shavings like they were popcorn, watching the two humans talking.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 pm

"of course! Anything else would make no sense." Joel said "So you were adopted by a gay couple but still are in touch with your biological father?'
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Mitch had entirely forgotten that he'd mentioned his three fathers earlier, so Joel's question made him go a little wide-eyed. For a second he thought Joel might be psychic, but then remembered Joel's ability was so special precisely because he wasn't psychic.

"I, uh, yeah. My dad couldn't afford to raise me, and I was still really little, so Daddy and Pop took me in. Dad would visit, sometimes, but he was... usually really busy." He blushed a little and turned his eyes to the floor, leaning back against the workbench.

The goblin had run out of wood shavings and was now chewing on a piece of plywood like it was a candy bar.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 pm

"I'm guessing your powers are the reason your mother's not part of the picture?" Joel asked, he was always rather perceptive about things, he simply paid attention to fine detail, and people often got surprised thinking he was a psychic, he always told them no, he just noticed stuff
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Mitch just shrugged as the light in his eyes dimmed. He didn't want to think about what had happened to his mother. It was all his fault, but how could he admit to someone that he'd driven his own mother insane?

"Anyone ever tell you that you're really nosey?" He grumbled at Joel, arms crossing over his stomach as he avoided eye contact.

The goblin looked fascinated by this turn of events, as if it was watching its favourite soap opera. The piece of plywood was still in its claws but was now all but forgotten as it watched with wide eyes the drama unfolding before it.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:14 pm

"Sorry" Joel bowed his head "I was just curious, I do not have very good social skills, comes with the territory when your mother is the only friend you ever had growing up. Like, ever" Joel said
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Mitch could relate to that. He'd had plenty of friends growing up, but none of them had been real. As disconnected as he was, he could still recognise that the pictures and sculptures he animated were not living creatures. Truth be told, it was horribly depressing, thinking that the most companionship he had received throughout his life had been from imaginary creatures.

"Hrm," Mitch grunted in acknowledgement. "So... what should this thing's name be, anyway?" He gestured to the goblin, wanting nothing more than a change of topic.

The goblin, realising it was now the centre of attention, hid the piece of plywood behind its back and tried to look innocent with a big, toothy grin.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:33 pm

"I have no ideas" Joel said lost in thought
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:02 am

"Nicket." Mitch said, narrowing his eyes at the goblin even though he was smiling. "That's your name, isn't it?" The goblin stood up on the workbench, still hiding the piece of plywood behind its back as it inched to the side of the table and jumped down, running across the room to hide in the paints cupboard.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 am

"I like that name" Joel said and then mumble "must be nice having three fathers"
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 am

Mitch raised an eyebrow at Joel. He seemed to circle back to certain topics a lot, parents being one of them. Mitch wiped his hands on his baggy shirt, an unconscious habit.

"I suppose. I don't really have much else to compare it to. I don't remember too much from before being with my foster-parents." He shrugged, feeling a little uncomfortable to be talking about himself so much. "I mean, it wasn't like they... y'know, did anything weird, or like, tried to pressure me to be gay or anything. It was just, like, normal."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Animal boy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:27 am

"I never had a father, I was the result of a one night stand, my mother was at a rave and got really drunk, all she remember about him is that he whispered beautiful Cantonese to her, we're mandarin" he added
Animal boy
Senior

PreviousNext

Return to RP Corner