All You Need Is Lovecraft

For shorter format, back-and-forth "play-by-post" RP. For more continuous narratives, visit the Poseidon Prep Library.

Moderator: Chameleongirl

Postby Animal boy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Tommy followed his boyfriend. He was quite amused by what had gone on but he was insulted when Kenji had called him a bitch.

"So what do you think about the case?" Tommy asked Noah.
"Why should Northstar have all the fun?"-Hulkling
Animal boy
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:37 am

Kale shook his head as various students grabbed their copies and walked off. "So does no one actually pay attention to what I say? 5 seconds after explaining why we shouldn't split up, we split up. I can see we're really going to bond as a group."

"Not only that, but did not one of them notice that's only the first half of the report? Speaking of which, I'm ready for the next bit Travis."

With the room quieter now and mostly empty, Kale looks over at Giovanni, his face set in a frown. "Normally I don't care what the heck people do at this school - After all I play enough pranks to make up for 10 students, easily. But for future reference Anni, Pulling immature stunts like that are what get Heroes killed outside these walls. So if you want to be an immature kid, that's fine - do it on your own time. If you're gonna be a part of this team, you need to tone it down and actually act like a team player." He doesn't raise his voice at all, but as he speaks everything he is touching; his clothing, the floor, papers, the table and all secondary items that they touch, slowly shift in tone and hue to a more warm spectrum - yellows, oranges, and reds.
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby Towkarn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:17 am

OOC: I'd just like to note that, while I may be new to the boards, Giovanni is not a "new" student. He's been here since he could first be here (freshman? I can't remember what it's called in America), the reason he hasn't interacted with the other students played on here before is because he's a jock, so wouldn't be hanging out with the outcast-types like almost all the characters on here are :P. Also, I apologise in advance for Giovanni's casual racism. Okay, back to in-game:

Giovanni snorted in amusement at the goth's reaction yet again, not bothering to say anything back, since the goth apparently found words to be pointless. Instead he simply stood with arms crossed, one eyebrow raised and a quiet smirk on his lips. When those three had left, he went back to looking at the files over Kale's shoulder, apparently without any other care in the world. He was hardly listening to the other boy rebuking him for his mischief.

"Good thing we're not outside these walls then, eh? You want a team? A team needs to knows its weaknesses. Now we know the goth has a temper regarding honour and all that. Hell, the jap probably got trained in that stupid bushido thing." He doesn't seem to care about Kale's negative response to his actions. He continues reading the file the entire time he's talking, not even bothering to actually look at the other boy.
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:16 pm

"Well I can't really say much so far.... I mean, it's definitely weird, and judging from this it's not exactly too weird to think something supernatural is behind it..." the demon said, looking at the pictures and the file with a rather curious expression. He wasn't really paying attention to the road they were walking, so he only knew that he had reached the library when he ran into the door.

Rubbing his nose and trying not to curse out loud, he entered the library accompanied by Tommy and looked around for Kenji.
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Mr. Banana » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm

(((OoC: Sorry for the delay again, guys. Got back to and finished my holiday shit and then sometimes Life, in all it's bitchy glory, will gut-punch you hard. In any case, the "Day Before" is almost over, so get ready for progression. Well then, back to the RP...)))

"This really isn't like me..." Kenji whined to no one in particular, hand caressing his forehead soothingly. He really wasn't an angry person and he's dealt with difficult people before, but it was just that damned demigod's attitude that made him snap.

'The idea of you two together was priceless though!'

Of course Aguni just had to chime in and bring THAT up, letting a few barks of laughter echo in Kenji's mind at what Travis and Kale suggested... Really, he shouldn't be so surprised.

'Come to think of it, it might make Veronica overload with joy at the thought...'

The summoner opted to ignore that last bit once he noticed Noah and Tommy approaching. Anything to make the fire and earth elemental stop...

"Sorry about that, you guys..." Kenji said, hand rubbing nervously at the back of his neck, a look of guilt on his face. "Definitely not one of my finer moments... It won't be a problem again."

A swift glance out the library's main door later, "But... The others aren't coming to the library, are they? I figured we could at least use the computers here, not to mention it's technically against the rules to be in a classroom with no teacher present..." He muttered the last part under his breath. "I guess it'll be fine, 'long as they got there comm links anyhow. Worse comes to worse, just show them everything tomorrow."

After all, why bother giving them comm links if they weren't going to split up at some point?
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby candyman1989 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Travis shrugs.

"I think we're better served split up for now. Give people time to cool off."

He hands Kale the second half of the folder.

"Besides, by examining the case separately at first we'll get different initial impressions of it. We can compare notes tomorrow and see if they've reached the same conclusions."

He's still looking for whatever makes them think it wasn't natural.
candyman1989
Junior

Postby Towkarn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:13 pm

"Well, I don't see any reason to think these are related so far. Unless the kidnappers, killers or whatever are only targetting boring people. Oh hey, that chick doesn't look so bor- nope, librarian, boring." Giovanni mused over the parts of the file that Kale was finished copying and examining. "Where's the pictures of the body? Or are we goin' to the morgue for a close up look?"

He took a pace around the room, flicking through the profiles and pictures, wracking his brain to find some sort of link. He walked over to the whiteboard, picked up a marker and started writing the names of the missing persons.

"What are the other names? I've only got three here."

[Ooc: Can we get some details on the victims now, or will those come later/via PM/make it up as we go? :P ]
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Mr. Banana » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

"You'd be surprised," Moreno spoke up, entering his classroom smelling faintly of cigar smoke (which... actually wasn't unpleasant) and finding that a portion of the students stayed behind. "Librarians tend to have a large vocabulary and they're more than inclined to use it when they're 'laying down the law'."

He allowed himself a smirk, probably reminiscing about something or other... whatever it was, it seemed as if it were an enjoyable memory.

"Always keep in mind that everyone has their skeletons in their closets. The 'boring' people are just the ones who're best at hiding theirs."

He made way over to the original files, flipped through a few pages. "Anne Hiro, female, 38 years, east Asian descent. Schizophrenic and prone to suicidal depression, was thought to have killed herself before the other disappearances. Richard Gourlay, male, 24 years Scottish descent. Was a brother at the St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church down on Farris Road NW. You getting this, Gio?"

There was no possible way that they could cover every single case like this, but if this was how they wanted to do things then that was their prerogative.

(((OoC: You can make your own details if you want. Really, they're just names and crap - easy to work with. I WISH there was a separate OoC thread where I could discuss these sort of events and details without needing to make a post myself, but I'll just settle with either this or PMs. Don't worry about making minor things like these up yourselves, RPs are fluent by nature and are affected by you guys (in other words, while there is an underline plot and scenes I want to happen, a lot of this is still being made up as we go). Just PM me any ideas or info you want to include for me to 'OK' before you write it in. Also, I've already gave someone the info about the body, they'll include it in their next post.)))
Mr. Banana
Sophomore

Postby Towkarn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 am

Giovanni raised an eyebrow at the cyborg. There was no way Giovanni could think of a librarian as being interesting... well, unless she was a sexy librarian, with the slightly unbuttoned shirt and the short skirt and the... anyway, what was going on? Giovanni gave his head a small and rapid shake to clear his mind and get back to the problem at hand. Couldn't let himself get distracted like that on a job, it could mean life or death - for someone else, obviously, 'cause there's no way he'd get killed by any mere mortal means. His hand almost moved at a blur to catch up to everything Mr. Moreno was saying, listing each point the man read out. The sound of the marker squeaking across the whiteboard so fast was scratchingly annoying and Giovanni was a little surprised the marker hadn't broken. Apparently these were the super-strength markers.

"Wait, I don't get it. What's the point listing their ethnicity? There's no connection there, is there? And.... how do you spell that Scottish guy's name?" He grumbled, having written everything on the board in Italian as he was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered translating as he went. "We're taking these folders with us, right? So we can check back over things? We better not have to memorise all of this..."
Towkarn
Freshman

Postby Prince Blanche » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:23 pm

"It's ok, really. I mean, Giovanni can have that effect on pretty much everyone...." Noah said with a kind smile at Kenji, trying to act as reassuring as possible but not really thinking it would lead to much at the moment. "Anyways, focusing more on the case..."

Sitting in front of one of the computers and opening his files at the side, he then gestured for Kenji and Tommy to join him as he opened the files again. "Let's see what we can get with a small search..." he added as he reread the files and started typing in the keyboard. "Ronald Gourley..." he muttered as he typed, trying to find whatever he could about the man and his... unfortunate case.

(OoC: Lame post is lame, I know. Will try to do a better job when I can...)
Prince Blanche
Senior

Postby Gryphon » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 am

(OOC: Sorry, I'm just finishing up a move and so things are a bit hectic.)

"Done." Kale broke his silence as he finished up the last of the pages and organized the half dozen stacks of copies he'd just made. "3 full sets for those of us still here and half a set for the others who already made off with part of it."

He looked up at Mr. Moreno, his mouth turned down in a thoughtful frown. "Every detail is important, Anni. Ethnicity can mean many things. Certain genetic traits are more prevalent in people of specific descent and the same goes for those with superhuman abilities. Certain abilities will be more concentrated in one ethnicity over another, whether by genetic mutation or by culture. In addition, certain cultures promote specific practices which perhaps made these specific people targets. There's a hundred different reasons why Ethnicity might matter and we won't know which one matters, if it matters at all until we do more digging."

Kale started flipping through his own stack of papers. "Mr. Moreno, can you just list off the names and ages of everyone who has disappeared. I can look up the vitals later, but right now just having that would be good...I can't seem to find a simplified list here."
Gryphon
Freshman

Postby candyman1989 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Travis toys with the pendant around his neck, looking at the photo of the victim.

"Actually ethnicity could be very important. It superficially looks like something tore it's way out of the chest cavity. Organ size and density can vary from race to race. The liver weight of an Asian gentleman is completely different to that of a Caucasian female."

He studies the corpse intently.

"It will be interesting to see if any of these injuries where inflicted postmortem."

He brings the pendant to his lips and hums, thinking.

"I can think of several things that like to lay their eggs in human bodies. Wether he was alive at the time would narrow it down though."

He shrugs.

"That's my personal bias though, I see the supernatural before anything else."
candyman1989
Junior

Previous

Return to RP Corner